Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2012, 11:46   #16
BHPian

Re: PICS : Vintage Cars drive to Mahableshwar (24th to 26th Feb 2012)

Thanks Anirudh for the clarification. I for one did not believe you would stoop to doing something like this , BUT VCCCI is making these statements and I would suggest you ask them to give you a letter of clarification.

When and where is the next drive? Anirudh , you say that : This excludes the VCCCI family: This I dont understand. I thought VCCCI was a club? What family are you talking about?

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2012 at 12:23. Reason: Just leaving the specific amounts out. Kindly understand
Old 2nd June 2012, 16:09   #17
BHPian

Anirudh, Please lets get VCCCI to clarify ASAP. I am in agreement with Mole"s suggestion for some of us to meet with VCCCI . Why dont you fix a date and time next week? Did you or did you not have Nitin dossa"s permission to withdraw this amount from VCCCI ?
Old 2nd June 2012, 16:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Bulldogji, I have not withdrawn the amount from VCCCI and I don't have the right to frankly as I have nothing to do with the VCCCI nor am I any one in that organization . All I got a call from him to collect it and I did just that as per his instructions. Yes , I am also willing to come across to VCCCI and resolve the same at any time.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Anirudh, Please lets get VCCCI to clarify ASAP. I am in agreement with Mole"s suggestion for some of us to meet with VCCCI . Why dont you fix a date and time next week? Did you or did you not have Nitin dossa"s permission to withdraw this amount from VCCCI ?
Old 2nd June 2012, 18:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Few points needs to be clarified.
1] Can anyone in VCCI handover cash to anybody, without Nitin Dossa'a permission/clearance?? IMO, Never.
2] The person who collected the envelope from VCCI office was my Peon, who was handed over a sealed envelope to be given to Mr. Aniruddh Kasliwal. My Peon was not Armed, nor was he waiting there for some Bhai to call and ask them to handover!!
3] I would really like to learn, how one can Withdraw funds/money from anyone else's account or company or association. In any case why does VCCI hold that much cash in hand? its a very small club, with no such petty cash expenses.
Under the circumstances where is the "did you or did you not have permission" come in.
Aniruddh/Amol, I am not happy with the way this is going.
Last but not the least, We are all Businessmen and Industrialists, and we do not run clubs, nor are we petty traders or agents. Someone needs to stand up and say who is capable of making money in such situations and who are above board.
I know the Dossa's were represented by some family members, were their Mahableshwar club charges cleared by them or by Aniruddh/Amol?
If I owe anything, please collect. Finish the issue.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2012 at 12:24. Reason: Just leaving the specific amounts out. Kindly understand
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05
Few points needs to be clarified.d
I know the Dossa's were represented by some family members, were their Mahableshwar club charges cleared by them or by Aniruddh/Amol?
If I owe anything, please collect. Finish the issue.
I will clarify on this point. Money was paid by the VCCCI ( to their credit) immediately after a demand note was raised by the club for 14 rooms, 15 th room was paid by me directly as i am a club member. Having said that the issue remains of the rs that was budgted per car and taken from all owners including myself and aniruddh towards common expenses like breakfast and lunch buffet at sayaji, tolls, flat bed truck and mechanic support from VCCCI, and other expenses that may have occured at the club. However everyone was aware that on the day of the drive and that weekend we incurred only expenses for breakfast and lunch on the return at sayaji. The promised mechanic a and flatbed to be provided for VCCCI for reasons unknown was not available. As a consequence grave inconvenience was faced by some of the members like the phantom 2 and white ponton which was stranded to the owners inconvenience at various places. This could have been avoided if the flatbed was there. Anycase! There was general anger and many people including buldogji felt that VCCCI should refund money for sevices it did not provide. Aniruddh worked out the math and was man enough to see it through. What was received was generously given away to the zapps so the question of these allegations is unclear. Iam totally behind aniruddh in this matter, as he was the only one to show them the accounts and hanker for a refund. Which also i understand was graciously given after buldogji put in a word with the higher ups.

In the end it was a question of donating our money to VCCCI or the zapp family and everyone chose the ZAPPS. What was wrong? Also bear in mind according to aniruddh's calculation no dossa money was given up to the zapps.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2012 at 12:25. Reason: Just leaving the specific amounts out. Kindly understand
the mole is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 11:17   #21
BHPian

Scooby, I am in complete agreement with what you state. Mole, sadly, I now believe the money from VCCCI was not GRACIOUSLY given. All credit to Anirudh for the well organised drive.

After Mr Pranlal bhogilal passed on VCCCI has new office bearers. The new secretary, a young enthuisast, who is also on this forum must clarify. His silence is baffling. In the absence of any statement from VCCCI, I must conclude that the stories spread by them are , well just stories. NO money was wrongfully extracted from VCCCI. In fact they still hold a sum of money for services promised but not given. ON bad mouthing some of us, I would only say that people who live in glass houses should refrain from throwing stones at others.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2012 at 12:26. Reason: Just leaving the specific amounts out. Kindly understand
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 12:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

I just went through this thread and am greatly disturbed with the allegations put on Kasli by VCCCI. As we all know nothing in VCCCI moves without the Big Mans aknowledgement or approval, removing a sum forcefully in paisa's is a long shot you can forget in thousands.
As Kasli has given the break up of the cost involved and also the Balance amount pending by VCCCI of Rs 8000 odd. In my humble opinion everyone should meet the VCCCI office bearers and the Big Man and ask for their records..that is if they have any. If anyone has doubts concerning Kasli, i do not have an issue in refunding the Rs 50,000 to to everyone here and also to give another Rs 50,000 to VCCCI's Big Man as Donation towards organizing Rallys properly and also in good weather conditions. I assure u even this donation would not be used towards better organization of events.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 14:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Speedy there has never been a shred of doubt about kasli's integrity. I have worked with him closely on this drive and I can vouch that there is no basis for the allegations. It was simple accounts which do not require so much discussion.

Don't worry we are with him, meanwhile let's all work to make the next edition more successful, kasli and I will continue working on it. I think this drive has empassioned with endurance drives in our car. I prefer this more than just displaying our cars. Here you are one with the machine in one big adventure. Sometime in the future we may do new zealand who knows :-)

Maybe we can expect some participation from your off roading pals and you.

Last edited by the mole : 6th June 2012 at 14:54.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:19   #24
BHPian

Hi Mole, When is the next drive? New zealand? How about Ladakh next year? That will really be a test of man and machine. Kasli and you worked hard to make the Mahableshwar trip memorable for all of us. Everyone who came, and many who could not, know the reasons for the slander. In my case even my family was not spared.Why? only Nitin can answer.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about Ladakh next year? That will really be a test of man and machine.
Ladakh is definately do-able, infact Dnyanesh and his biker friends, did this run two years ago on some classic British Bikes.

April/ May is a good season to do this drive. Lets aim to do this in 2013, by then another Mahableshwar drive will instill more confidence in some of the members.
Old 6th June 2012, 17:43   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, request you all to please keep discussions to the point and not get personal. Those points can be taken forward through PM. We are about to go to Pebble Beach, the whole world is watching us. This is not what they need to read, we will be the laughing stock! Thanks for your understanding.
Old 6th June 2012, 18:12   #27
BANNED

Its appalling to see the state of such a beautiful thread.

Such things are always bound to happen while co-ordinating a grand event such as this. Also, the main culprit always remains behind the scene, silently watching all the fun, while hapless people who have nothing to hide does all the Ranting, and remain at the receiving end

VCCI is not a part of T-BHP so my request to moderators is to DELETE all the unwanted replies and keep the thread at its happy best.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 21:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole

Ladakh is definately do-able, infact Dnyanesh and his biker friends, did this run two years ago on some classic British Bikes.

April/ May is a good season to do this drive. Lets aim to do this in 2013, by then another Mahableshwar drive will instill more confidence in some of the members.
Ladakh I am definitely in and all support in organising please involve me . That's a 100% in once again for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville
Guys, request you all to please keep discussions to the point and not get personal. Those points can be taken forward through PM. We are about to go to Pebble Beach, the whole world is watching us. This is not what they need to read, we will be the laughing stock! Thanks for your understanding.
We are on an open platform and there is seriously nothing so great on Pebble beach front. There are far greater shows. Buts let's keep this at a level . It's not got anything todo with the pebble beach or international people once again. We are a great country and community.

Cheers

Last edited by karlosdeville : 7th June 2012 at 09:25. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 7th June 2012, 09:28   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
We are on an open platform and there is seriously nothing so great on Pebble beach front. There are far greater shows. Buts let's keep this at a level . It's not got anything todo with the pebble beach or international people once again. We are a great country and community.
Absolutely agreed, my point is only that we are a very well respected platform, where everyone comes to learn about the Indian vintage and classic car scene - from India or otherwise. Lets not let these petty issues distract from the larger picture, and lose focus on great cars and great enjoyable events like the Mahabaleshwar drive. So count me in for Ladakh too, if I may join in a humble Fiat
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 11:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Maybe we can expect some participation from your off roading pals and you.
The only issue we face is the sunday morning clash of interest, Offroading and classic car drives. Once the Caddy is 100%, you will see me with her at the drives.

Quote:
How about Ladakh next year?
A great thought. Even other state Members and owners can be roped in to make the drive even more memorable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks