Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 15:35   #46
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End

Wow, did not expect this international coverage !

The blue car is Dr Ravi prakash's Lanchester with the boat end !

Once owned by Motilal Nehru !
Old 30th April 2012, 15:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Am racking my brains on the other one
How about this FIAT! Has this been counted?
Attached Thumbnails
KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-fiat.jpg  

Last edited by funkykar : 30th April 2012 at 15:37.
Old 30th April 2012, 16:19   #48
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
How about this FIAT! Has this been counted?
Very much counted, funkykar. See serial # 3 which is a 1927 Fiat 507.

I met Arun, how come I missed you?
Old 30th April 2012, 18:09   #49
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

The media coverage has been mind blogging. Here are the articles in English, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Urdu, Telugu, Hindi .......

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-andhra-jyothi.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-andhra_jyoti_pg_12capril_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-daily_thanthi_pg_42c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dinakaranpg_162c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dnapg_32c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-eenadu_pg_122c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-esanje_pg_82capril_301.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-kannada_prabhapg_32c_april_302c20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-malayala_manorammapg_22c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-prajavani_page_12c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-prajavani_page_22c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-sakshipg_7_april_30_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-samyukhta_karnataka_april_302c_pg_11.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-sanjevani_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-siasat_pg_12c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-the_hindu_april_302c_20122.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-the_new_indian_express_city_expresspg_12c_april_302c_20121.jpg

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-the_times_of_india_april_302c_20121.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-vijayakarnatakapg_5_april_302c_20121.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-vijayavanipg_12c_april_302c1.jpg  

KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 21:35   #50
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

The general public enjoyed interacting with the owners at UB City.

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-img_0167.jpg
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Wasif, here is the list,

01. 1909 Wolseley
02. 1926 Willys Knight
03. 1927 Fiat 507
04. 1928 Lanchester....................
55. 1971 Beetle

I seem to be missing 2 cars which I cannot recollect. At Bangalore we do not have the pedigree of the cars like in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata or Hyderabad. Most of the cars have come from outside the state. Doc brought in cars which were mainly open top so that people could drive and enjoy. Cheers KPS
Looking at the list, I too am missing something. No Mallya car?

Cheers harit
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:03   #52
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Looking at the list, I too am missing something. No Mallya car?
Cheers harit
Mallya cars are the privilege of Mumbai Rallies only. We have not seen cars from the Mallya stable in KVCCC rallies for quite some time now.

Cars from the Khoday's stable are also rare these days. They have closed their workshop on Brunton Road, as I understand that they are going to develop that property. I only wish Khoday cars were part of the rallies. Their 1939 Packard would have been wonderful to see.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinand View Post
Hi,

Yes, the chevrolet impala was in bad state with the trim screwed in with screws all along the length, but it somehow seemed to get a lot of attention!

The jaguar belongs to Advaith motors i suppose, there was a sticker on it which said Advaith in case Advaith and Khodays are one and the same, i apologize.

This car said Willy's Knight on it.

This vauxhall was quite ugly and strange. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Some pics from my end. Very similar angles to the pics which Ajmat has posted, hence posting very few, sorry if it looks repeated.

It was a very nice rally with lot of nice cars, it was very nice to meet KPS as well. Thank you sir for taking the time to show your car.

regards,

Srinand.
I do agree that impala needs some cosmetic restoration but the word "in bad state" is very harsh to use. Some of the positive points in this car which was not recognised were
1.The mechanical condition of the vehicle which did not breakdown on the road like most of the good looking cars.
2.It was the only impala in the rally.
This vehicle is under restoration with the principle " mechanicals first and other things next"
All the owners might not have enough time or resources to restore the car at a single stage as genuine restoration is a tough job. Such harsh comments will discourage owners from bringing cars to the rally. To the best of my knowledge KVCC is a car enthusiast club and not a club of elite people only.
ARUN.V is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 07:31   #54
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
This vehicle is under restoration with the principle " mechanicals first and other things next". All the owners might not have enough time or resources to restore the car at a single stage as genuine restoration is a tough job.
Fully appreciate your point of view Arun and well put across. This is the right way of going about the restoration and I do hope that you will be able to complete the next stage by the time of the next major rally in 2013. Guess a proper paint job could make a huge difference

Having said that, you must be able absorb criticism without too much emotion. Sometime through third partys views, you pick up points which you would have otherwise missed, as you are normally sooo... in love with your car

Your reply shows maturity and I am sure you will understand the posts in the right spirit. As a fellow enthusiast, I wish you all the very best.

Cheers

KPS
Old 4th May 2012, 22:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V

I do agree that impala needs some cosmetic restoration but the word "in bad state" is very harsh to use. Some of the positive points in this car which was not recognised were
1.The mechanical condition of the vehicle which did not breakdown on the road like most of the good looking cars.
This vehicle is under restoration with the principle " mechanicals first and other things next"
All the owners might not have enough time or resources to restore the car at a single stage as genuine restoration is a tough job. Such harsh comments will discourage owners from bringing cars to the rally. To the best of my knowledge KVCC is a car enthusiast club and not a club of elite people only.
Hi

In regards to the impala which has been spoken far and wide. What looks like a complete car. Cosmetics is subjective and secondary . Paint and all gloss is not always the outcome of ownership and practicality . An example of a regular participant of all vintage car Events in Mumbai is the BHAGAT Morris and Wolseley both are in any lay men's term Shabby but they are mechanically fit. They would point to point beat me hollow in regards to reaching the desired destination even with all my means and resources.

So let's not judge and respect the owner and the car that it came / participated and added equal glamour to the event .

Cheers
Old 5th May 2012, 15:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
Dear Sir,

I sincerely apologize for having hurt your sentiments. It was never my intention to do so. But the car does require some cosmetic work and my comments probably are in comparison to the other cars that were present and my stupidity in saying something like what i did without much thought. I surely hope you will look past this insensitivity of mine.

Yes, this was the only impala in the rally and has magnificent presence. I completely agree with you sir that a good running car is better than a good looking one.

In fact a friend of mine and i noticed the person who was driving the car (possibly you?) after parking it closed the door with a push from about 3 inches on the driver side and the door closed with the best of noises i have ever heard from a closing door. So i presume that a lot of work is going into this car to make it as fantastic as possible in every aspect.

Sir, neither am i a member of the KVCCC or any other elite club, so i am no one to pass judgement, it was merely a statement that i made in a moment of hurry, i sincerely hope you will look past this incident as an honest mistake and not with the intention of hurting anyone. This is also a wonderful step taken by the club to showcase cars which are works in progress rather than just the completely restored ones. This makes people like me think and believe that this is not a hobby for only the rich and famous.

regards,

Srinand.
Old 8th May 2012, 22:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
This beautiful 1949 Buick has been a one family car. The grandson of the original owner owns this car now....
Hi,
I was a little late for the show and reached just a few minutes before the flag off. Saw the Buick at flag off.I went around the whole route with the cars and later i returned in the afternoon to the hotel but it was not there. Did it complete the rally?
Great Plymouth you have!! I saw you too but dint want to disturb. I must have taken 20 pics of it. Lovely

Last edited by karlosdeville : 9th May 2012 at 09:21. Reason: Removing entire quote
car love is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 23:19   #58
BHPian

Here are more pics from my side....
Attached Thumbnails
KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dsc00148a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dsc00167a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dsc00175a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dsc00202a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dsc00224a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dsc00244a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-lan1a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-lan2a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-lan3a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-lincoln1a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-lincoln2a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-lincolna.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-ply1a.jpg  

KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-ply2a.jpg  

Old 8th May 2012, 23:22   #59
BHPian

Could you tell me what this was? Couldn't figure out..
Attached Thumbnails
KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-dsc00265a.jpg  

Old 9th May 2012, 01:21   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinand View Post
Dear Sir,

I sincerely apologize for having hurt your sentiments. It was never my intention to do so. But the car does require some cosmetic work and my comments probably are in comparison to the other cars that were present and my stupidity in saying something like what i did without much thought. I surely hope you will look past this insensitivity of mine.

Yes, this was the only impala in the rally and has magnificent presence. I completely agree with you sir that a good running car is better than a good looking one.

In fact a friend of mine and i noticed the person who was driving the car (possibly you?) after parking it closed the door with a push from about 3 inches on the driver side and the door closed with the best of noises i have ever heard from a closing door. So i presume that a lot of work is going into this car to make it as fantastic as possible in every aspect.

Sir, neither am i a member of the KVCCC or any other elite club, so i am no one to pass judgement, it was merely a statement that i made in a moment of hurry, i sincerely hope you will look past this incident as an honest mistake and not with the intention of hurting anyone. This is also a wonderful step taken by the club to showcase cars which are works in progress rather than just the completely restored ones. This makes people like me think and believe that this is not a hobby for only the rich and famous.

regards,

Srinand.
Dear Srinand

My intention was also not to hurt you but just wanted to highlight some of the good points of the car and iam always open to comments and suggestions from others which helps me in restoring the car to perfection.
Thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks