Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 07:21   #61
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Could you tell me what this was? Couldn't figure out..
This is a 1939 Austin 14 owned by the KVCCC president and has been in long term ownership.
Old 9th May 2012, 21:33   #62
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
I do agree that impala needs some cosmetic restoration
Hi Arun,

I was seeing the pictures of the car from 2009 Gardenia Rally & 2012 Taj Rally. Clearly there has been not much change in the car exterior, hence I guess that the car is in a covered parking. I would suggest that when you plan to start the restoration, please first start working on the trims first. For my Dodge, it took me almost 2 years to get the Hood Emblem. Parts are costly, hence start collecting. If you are patient you could pick some good deals. Once you have the trims to your satisfaction then only start the rest of the work as the mechanical's are good.

2009 Rally
KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-chev.jpg

2012 Rally
KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-chev1.jpg
Old 11th May 2012, 14:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Hi Arun,

I was seeing the pictures of the car from 2009 Gardenia Rally & 2012 Taj Rally. Clearly there has been not much change in the car exterior, hence I guess that the car is in a covered parking. I would suggest that when you plan to start the restoration, please first start working on the trims first. For my Dodge, it took me almost 2 years to get the Hood Emblem. Parts are costly, hence start collecting. If you are patient you could pick some good deals. Once you have the trims to your satisfaction then only start the rest of the work as the mechanical's are good.
Yes, the car is in a covered parking. I will definitely consider your suggestions while taking up further restoration. I do agree that the trims are to be concentrated first as they play a very important part in giving a look to the car and the parts are very costly. I have also imported some cosmetic parts for the vehicle. Which model of Dodge do you have, is it completely restored or under restoration.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 11th May 2012 at 15:47. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 12th May 2012, 19:52   #64
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
Which model of Dodge do you have, is it completely restored or under restoration.
I am currently restoring a 1954 Dodge Convertible

Cheers

KPS
Old 17th May 2012, 16:24   #65
BHPian

Hi,
Does anybody know where the upholstery work was done on the Standard Herald that was at the show (the red interiors)? I am thinking of a similar job on my Fiat.
Cheers
Old 17th May 2012, 20:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Hi,
Does anybody know where the upholstery work was done on the Standard Herald that was at the show (the red interiors)? I am thinking of a similar job on my Fiat.
Cheers
Hey!
Just PM Pavan Kadam, he knows a very good liner who does all his cars and also doing Arun's Fiat currently. He is a pro in Vintage cars upholstery!
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks