Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post

Thanks for the pictures - can someone identify the car in Harit's photo ?

I think you are right about the radiator shutters - for some reason I always thought they were thermostatically controlled.
I thought Harit's snap the car was a Humber , Chevrolet Deluxe or a Packard from the grill and hood slats. Could be wrong on the cars but these were two choices I made after carefully seeing the snap here again. But pretty cool to find the exact tree and background ! Wow

Cheers

Vintage Car Drive to Mahabaleshwar - 2nd Edition (Nov/Dec 2012)-image3829432557.jpg

Chevrolet 1937 master deluxe

Last edited by kasli : 22nd January 2013 at 07:47.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vintage Car Drive to Mahabaleshwar - 2nd Edition (Nov/Dec 2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Unbelievably in 8+ years of Team-BHP, this was my first ever Vintage car event!............Harit dug into his big bag of photos and pulled out a perfect match! The black & white photo is from 69 years back!........
Well, you can always catch up
This photo is one of a set involving what I presume is a Parsi family, some military person, and the lady on the tree appears to be the standing man's daughter. Many had told me that this picture was taken in the club, so I carried it along. On the reverse side of the photo Mahableshwar 1943 is mentioned!
Surprising to note that the tree had hardly grown. Also, the level of the ground seems to have been raised, this was found out by Rehan when he tried to get the exact angle on my photo. His camera has a ghosting feature, or whatever it is called.

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures - can someone identify the car in Harit's photo ?.....................
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
I thought Harit's snap the car was a Humber , Chevrolet Deluxe or a Packard from the grill and hood slats. Could be wrong on the cars but these were two choices I made after carefully seeing the snap here again. .........Cheers
Well, the car is a Chrysler, I would say 1938. There are more pictures of this car, may post later. My regular scanner was overworked, the one I use now takes too long.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 18:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures - can someone identify the car in Harit's photo ?

I think you are right about the radiator shutters - for some reason I always thought they were thermostatically controlled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
................Well, the car is a Chrysler, I would say 1938. There are more pictures of this car, may post later........Cheers harit
Here is the car, maybe this photo was also taken at the Mahableshwar club. I have circled the monogram, it says Chrysler.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Drive to Mahabaleshwar - 2nd Edition (Nov/Dec 2012)-chrysler.jpg  

harit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 11:43   #49
BHPian

Guys, It has been a long time since the Mahableshwar group met. How about a simple evening/dinner with wives/husbands to chat and enjoy ourselves?

Aniruddh are you listening?
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 13:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Guys, It has been a long time since the Mahableshwar group met. How about a simple evening/dinner with wives/husbands to chat and enjoy ourselves?

Aniruddh are you listening?
Just read and sending a mail across to everyone from the first and second run . The third run if still game after the long trip ! Can also be accomplished or Mole can take that run on behalf of all of us and others can join !

Cheers
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 10:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Just read and sending a mail across to everyone from the first and second run . The third run if still game after the long trip ! Can also be accomplished or Mole can take that run on behalf of all of us and others can join !

Cheers
Greetings we really don't have to go October November we can always go December, January or even February. Why don't you guys finish the Rajasthan run. We can always take a feel for how many people want to go after that, and I can make the arrangements.
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 11:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Greetings we really don't have to go October November we can always go December, January or even February. Why don't you guys finish the Rajasthan run. We can always take a feel for how many people want to go after that, and I can make the arrangements.
Lets fix some dates in January towards the end. I am ready and I am sure the entire Mahableshwar group. How much in advance does the club have to be booked?
Old 8th July 2013, 12:26   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets fix some dates in January towards the end. I am ready and I am sure the entire Mahableshwar group. How much in advance does the club have to be booked?
I am also game for that period. Mole if you can check for dates in Jan /Feb 1st week. I am sure the group will be ready

Cheers
Old 8th July 2013, 12:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bulldogji, Group bookings for a minimum of 10 rooms and maximum of 15 rooms have to be made atleast three months prior. So one can safely say that we should put in our request late September to mid October. But i will call up the club and check. How about 24th 25th January with return on the 26th.regards mole
Old 8th July 2013, 13:07   #55
BHPian

The 24th of january works for me, Aniruddh can you check with the rest please?
Old 11th July 2013, 19:36   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I have pictures of some of the cars leaving the city for Mahabaleshwar, is it too late to post the pics considering the fact this years drive is being planned already?
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 20:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
I have pictures of some of the cars leaving the city for Mahabaleshwar, is it too late to post the pics considering the fact this years drive is being planned already?
Please post it will be great . Never too late at all .

Cheers
Old 12th July 2013, 00:42   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Some half decent clicks as you people sped away...

Can someone guide me as to where to put pictures of classics i've clicked roaming in and around the city?
I can only distinguish Fiats,VW's,Packards easily and have no great knowledge about the others unless I have pictures of their badges

Thanks and Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Car Drive to Mahabaleshwar - 2nd Edition (Nov/Dec 2012)-20121130_064947_14-copy.jpg  

Vintage Car Drive to Mahabaleshwar - 2nd Edition (Nov/Dec 2012)-20121130_065055_1-copy.jpg  

Vintage Car Drive to Mahabaleshwar - 2nd Edition (Nov/Dec 2012)-20121130_065056_13-copy.jpg  

Vintage Car Drive to Mahabaleshwar - 2nd Edition (Nov/Dec 2012)-20121130_065112_2-copy.jpg  

Vintage Car Drive to Mahabaleshwar - 2nd Edition (Nov/Dec 2012)-20121130_065112_20-copy.jpg  

///RMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 11:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some half decent clicks as you people sped away...

Can someone guide me as to where to put pictures of classics i've clicked roaming in and around the city?
I can only distinguish Fiats,VW's,Packards easily and have no great knowledge about the others unless I have pictures of their badges

Thanks and Cheers!
Well why not create a thread and call it Rutwij's classic car diaries.
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 11:46   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here's a general thread in which you can post the ones you're not sure of. If members feel the posts are better suited in a more specific thread, they can report it and we'll move em over.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ars-india.html

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks