Team-BHP - The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/146689-statesman-vintage-classic-car-rally-19th-jan-2014-kolkata.html)

This year's iteration of the prestigious rally will be held on 19th January. Please refer to the leaflet below for details and passes.

The Calcutta club, ( VCCI ) has a good list of sponsors, but like most clubs, judging is often questioned.

If wishes were horses, there would be no self styled experts, only enthusiasts having fun:uncontrol without bothering about prizes.

Wishing all participants all the best, enjoy your cars, have funplease:and post pictures of all the cars and bikes please for those of us who cannot be present.

Thanks in advance.

Which is the car on the pamphlet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperRetard (Post 3345703)
Which is the car on the pamphlet?

It looks to be a 1940/41 Chevy sedan. But in all likelyhood it is a reference image just googled, not an actual participant.

I'm looking forward to detailed images - Prithvi, John, Shrivardhan and others, please do the honours.

I will do the honors...these are all participants.

Morris Minor, Morris 8, Fiat 128 3 door and the blue one is undoubtedly one of the worst cars in the world -- according to a British individual!lol:lol:

No prizes for guessing.

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-photo0547.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-photo0548.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-photo0563.jpg

The festivities started today! To start off, the list of the participants in this year's Rally. Tomorrow is the Main Rally. I'd rather let the photos do the talking. Till tomorrow then! Have fun, stay safe, and keep revving! God Bless.

The list has almost 175 participants, it is such an amazing thing to watch and my anxiousness is increasing to see the pictures of these beauties. I would request all of those who would be witnessing this event to get the maximum pictures that you can get of the event.

Watching these beauties live and together in these numbers is one of a dream come true moment for an automotive enthusiast.

Another entry for longest distance travelled ;) from where I don't know the distance was calculated

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasli (Post 3347746)
Another entry for longest distance travelled ;) from where I don't know the distance was calculated
Cheers

Paris and Kolkata, Harit seems to be every where :D

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-1.jpg

Quote:

Another entry for longest distance travelled ;) from where I don't know the distance was calculated Cheers

Hey Kasli, firstly you must always credit photos you receive from others, na? Here credit may be given to Yash. But were there no other cars? Please do ask for more photos also of other cars.
From where you ask? But surely you know the answer. You always know more than we think you do.:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 3347752)

Yes, is it not a pity that Mumbai is not included in your list? The result of jealous politics by the owner of our local club. As one can see, one does not need that organmisation under its present owner to take part in events. There are other better organised and hospitable avenues:D

Cheers harit

Quote:

Cheers

This Ford is in amazing condition, who restored it, finish of paint and chrome is superb. Any more pics of the interior, engine and its history ?

Car 17 is us. My Uncle's driving his 1968 Mercedes.. No. 140.
Remember seeing the other Model A at the Mumbai vintage car rally..

Greetings from Kolkata, BHPians!

Here are the first shots of the day (Grand Parade and Wiggle Woggle) :

The models walk the ramp.

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8619.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8621.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8620.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8622.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8773.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8774.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8775.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8776.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8623.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8624.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8625.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8626.jpg

Just a quick question : I have about 158 photos. Is it possible to edit my first post to accommodate all the photos in one single post? I do not intend to break any of the Forum posting rules please. Moderators, please help.

Showcase on the ramp

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8627.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8628.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8629.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8630.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8631.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8632.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8633.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8634.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8635.jpg

The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally. 19th Jan 2014 @ Kolkata-dscn8636.jpg

Quote:

Another entry for longest distance travelled ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 3347752)

Nice to see your entry Harit. The car looks very pleasing and well presented. Is the front bumper normally so far out? Looks a bit much.

What are the tell tale differences from 1928 - 1929 - 1930 for Model As?