Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2007, 23:35   #166
Senior - BHPian

late.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Are you reffering to this model?

Were they made here or imported and rebadged? There are hardly any of these around anymore. It would be interesting to see a restored one.

i am sorry .. i am replying to this very old post.. but yes.. we dont see these in mumbai ne more.. but if u go outside mumbai.. ie. vashi..thane area.. and in pune.. there are loads of loads of these used dumpers.. and trucks in the pic.
Old 25th October 2007, 07:27   #167
BHPian

Here is a hindustan 14 used at Madurai for conducting driving classes. Amby lovers can be proud.

Old 25th October 2007, 07:50   #168
Senior - BHPian

^^ Theres something wrong with the windscreen. I think they took out the split screen and put in a single piece windscreen instead.
Old 25th October 2007, 09:45   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post
Here is a hindustan 14 used at Madurai for conducting driving classes. Amby lovers can be proud.
I doubt they will be, considering how the condition of driving school cars normally turns out as they get used! Pity this car ended up as one!

Btw stampro, were standards ever used by driving schools? I was told they werent in Hyd...only Ambys & fiats were....what about in TN?
Old 25th October 2007, 09:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I doubt they will be, considering how the condition of driving school cars normally turns out as they get used! Pity this car ended up as one!

Btw stampro, were standards ever used by driving schools? I was told they werent in Hyd...only Ambys & fiats were....what about in TN?
Stampro are you sure this car is used by a driving school, or is it just being used to learn how to drive by an individual.
Old 25th October 2007, 10:05   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

The grille on this car is from a Morris oxford, this car might just be an import. I cant make out on the badges whether it says 'H' or 'M'.
Old 25th October 2007, 11:45   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Stampro are you sure this car is used by a driving school, or is it just being used to learn how to drive by an individual.
This reminds me of a couple of pics. I'd seen in a yahoo group of a 4-door Herald said to've been in use as a 'driving school car' in Delhi (although it had a B'lore regn.), taken by a Herald enthusiast form the UK....even that car, like this one, had no signs or nameboard of any driving school or anything on it, just an 'L' sticker on the rear windscreen....of course it looked like it had just been freshly painted then so maybe they were yet to add the sign etc...
I also know of some individuals using their own cars used privately for teaching driving & not as a school.
Old 25th October 2007, 11:54   #173
Senior - BHPian

In the first pic, i can see two boards blacked out. I think one is the numberplate and the other is the nameboard of the driving school. And from the looks of the A pillar and the roof, i think the car has seen its fair share of rollovers too!! SAD!!
Old 25th October 2007, 12:04   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
In the first pic, i can see two boards blacked out. I think one is the numberplate and the other is the nameboard of the driving school. And from the looks of the A pillar and the roof, i think the car has seen its fair share of rollovers too!! SAD!!
That could also be poor welding work done to change the windscreen.
Old 25th October 2007, 12:18   #175
Senior - BHPian

guys this car has definately had a windscreen change from the split to the single one. this would help in visibility to the learner. the car might also have had a change of heart (engine). the inside also might have been tampered with as learning school cars have extra brake and clutch pedals on the navigators side as well. man i hope that this is false and it turns out to be a private owned vehicle with a learners board on it.
Old 25th October 2007, 13:03   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The grille on this car is from a Morris oxford, this car might just be an import. I cant make out on the badges whether it says 'H' or 'M'.
Your right Karl this is the Grill of a Morris Oxford. Here are the pics of a Hindustan 14, notice the difference in the grill, But 1 thing confuses me is that this car has the badge with a M on it, did the early Hindustan 14's come with a M badge ?? You can notice the difference in the rear too, the Fuel filler cap and the brake lights..

Old 26th October 2007, 07:15   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

Btw stampro, were standards ever used by driving schools?
I haven't seen any.Can see 800's and santro only.
Old 26th October 2007, 07:16   #178
BHPian

Quote:
It belongs to a driving school.The blackened plate above the number plate carries the name of the school.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:25   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post
I haven't seen any.Can see 800's and santro only.
Yes I do know only those are seen now.......I was referring to the pre-maruti days.
Old 26th October 2007, 16:22   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

My uncle in Ahmedabad had a Phase 1 Standard Vanguard for donkeys years, which he bought from a driving school, so it was fitted with 2 sets of pedals. He sold it around 10 years back unfortunately.

My grandfather had a Wolesley in Bombay back in the day, I dont know which model but it was a small car, around 47. (Regn BMY). He sold it to a driving school, and my mother fondly recalls that later her neighbour, now Congress hotshot Jairam Ramesh, learnt driving on that car. Wonder if it has survived.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks