Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2007, 06:38   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The grille on this car is from a Morris oxford, this car might just be an import. I cant make out on the badges whether it says 'H' or 'M'.
It is a "H". That justifies that the photo can be in this thread.
Old 27th October 2007, 19:12   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Karl - I had a Wolseley as well - BML7349 - a 444. My lights on BLL4919 when we took photographs are from the Wolseley. You cannot get them for love of money today. The 15/50 supplement of the 444 had a "MANUMATIC" transmission. Manual shift but no clutch pedal. A microswitch in the gear shift knob operated a solenoid which actuated the clutch hydraulically. All this in 1957, when I was born ! My dad bought the car in 1979 for 4000 and I sold it in 1981 for 12000. Sob sob !

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 3rd November 2007, 17:22   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Karl - I had a Wolseley as well - The 15/50 supplement of the 444 had a "MANUMATIC" transmission. Manual shift but no clutch pedal. A microswitch in the gear shift knob operated a solenoid which actuated the clutch hydraulically.
A similiar system was offered on my Standard 10/Pennant, they called it 'Standrive'. The system never worked, and was prone to chronic failure and soon discontinued. I have a manual copy of it if you like.

Old 3rd November 2007, 22:31   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A similiar system was offered on my Standard 10/Pennant, they called it 'Standrive'. The system never worked, and was prone to chronic failure and soon discontinued. I have a manual copy of it if you like.
You mean to say your pennant actually had this system??

But it doesnt have any such badges that say so....? So I presume it was eventually converted to the regular system?
Old 30th November 2007, 17:10   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Manvendra Singh is the author of the book "THE AUTOMOBILES OF THE MAHARAJAS" . he is also the co-author of the book "HOW THE MAHARANIS CONQUERED THE ROADS" .

stanher the books are available in the book stores and you can buy it.

The Manvendra Singh has only written "THE AUTOMOBILES OF THE MAHARAJAS" co-authored with Sharda Driwedi. The 'other' book is a chapter of the book, and not been published separately.
Old 30th November 2007, 23:34   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
The Manvendra Singh has only written "THE AUTOMOBILES OF THE MAHARAJAS" co-authored with Sharda Driwedi. The 'other' book is a chapter of the book, and not been published separately.
the other book name i got while doing a google search so i mentioned it.

@ Stanher there is a red convertible Herald for sale in last months Autoindia. hope you checked it out.
Old 1st December 2007, 00:30   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Nope speedy havnet touched Auto India for ages! What was the price of the car?
Old 1st December 2007, 00:47   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nope speedy havnet touched Auto India for ages! What was the price of the car?
the 1963 Standard Herald, cherry red two door convertible. asking 65,000. if you want i can PM you the persons name and number.
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:55   #189
BHPian

Quote:
believe it or not, ive always dreamed of finding a mint old shape 800 to preserve for future generations....infact ive collected all the original catalogues and manuals...
i learnt to drive on one... there are at least two such cars in Delhi, one is a white car owned by a sardarji... its car number 1 !! the other is a powder blue car owned by an air force officer, im eyeing both, and a red deluxe owned by an IAS officer, but though untouched and complete, the paint on the red car has faded.
Old 2nd December 2007, 11:11   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
i learnt to drive on one... there are at least two such cars in Delhi, one is a white car owned by a sardarji... its car number 1 !! the other is a powder blue car owned by an air force officer, im eyeing both, and a red deluxe owned by an IAS officer, but though untouched and complete, the paint on the red car has faded.
I remember seeing an interview of the Sardarji who bought car number 1...I also remember him saying his 3 daughters will decide what to do with it after he passes on, and he isnt willing it to any of them!

Car number 5 (red) is also in delhi Im told, having covered 700 km to date.

Incidentally MAF 1, MAF 2, and MAF 3 are all still in Pune and in regular use, in white, blue and red respectively.
Old 2nd December 2007, 14:10   #191
Senior - BHPian

I think we have a dedicated thread for the good ol SS80! I've finally managed to get hold of the manuals and parts manual for it!!!
Old 2nd December 2007, 16:35   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I think we have a dedicated thread for the good ol SS80! I've finally managed to get hold of the manuals and parts manual for it!!!
Great, I cant seem to find my brochures! How about putting up some scans on that thread?
Old 5th December 2007, 01:14   #193
BHPian

I spotted this Fiat parked in a bylane of Mahim in Mumbai. I wonder if it's been featured on Team BHP before? It looks like one of the early models, but I'm not sure how original it is.

Edsel Rulez! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2007, 05:54   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
a "MANUMATIC" transmission. Manual shift but no clutch pedal. A microswitch in the gear shift knob operated a solenoid which actuated the clutch hydraulically.
Interesting! Sounds like the 1957 version of this > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...lat-shift.html !

cya
R
Old 5th December 2007, 09:35   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
I spotted this Fiat parked in a bylane of Mahim in Mumbai. I wonder if it's been featured on Team BHP before? It looks like one of the early models, but I'm not sure how original it is.
Thats a 55-6 Fiat 1100, the first if the lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks