Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 00:16   #136
BHPian

about any mustangs in india

guys i was going through this forum and how i realised there are so many people doing all this. yes in this rustes section i was looking for a ford or a mercury 2 door for restoration work and my love for them . so if anyone spots them please let me know .

and guys you r doing a gr8 work.

hey karl i think you are the same person i messaged on the standard club yes ive found myself a standard 2000 and i think it would be in best condition of any standard 2000's in india .its almost final just have to get the noc.

take care
Old 15th May 2007, 19:16   #137
BHPian

about 1st car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Hmm.. I did not visit this thread for some time, it's with Fazal of FRK.
I don't know whether he wants to sell them but you for sure can try.
the first car in the picture is an alfa from1960's dont know exactly what model.
Old 15th May 2007, 21:17   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amannarwal View Post
hey karl i think you are the same person i messaged on the standard club yes ive found myself a standard 2000 and i think it would be in best condition of any standard 2000's in india .its almost final just have to get the noc.
guilty as charged...keep us posted on the 2000...strangely, im very fond of that monster even in its indian avtaar!

i found a treasure trove of spares for the 2000 in bomaby, let me know if you need anything.

cheers
karl
Old 15th May 2007, 21:20   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Fiat 1100 select, found at the same scrapyard......We'd actually gone there to get some spares off this car before it got scrapped...ended up getting many though!

Still had the original upholstery intact....although the door pads were too rotten...we did take the seats though...

congratulations on a great find shyam...believe me, you picked up some priceless stuff! unfortunately the upholstry is not original...the pattern of stitching is though...
Old 15th May 2007, 21:50   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Tks Karl.....yup you sure can say we were lucky!
Hmm.....pity bout the upholstery though......but as you say, since its the original pattern, I guess I can pass it off as the original one itself wehn I sell the car!

Btw, I did finally take your advice & decided to take the rear windscreen atleast, as it'd be difficult to reproduce a new one, unlike the side window glasses which are flat ones......the front one had wiper arm scratches on it so didnt go for that.....and yea, surprise surprise, we took one more thing from the car today (its going to be scrapped tomorrow I'm told)....the ORIGINAL jack- the side-jack, similar to what was used on the Standard 10s!! Got it quite cheap too!
I understand you insert it in that little slot at the sides, found under the body sills....will take pics. of it later....

Last edited by Stanher : 15th May 2007 at 22:07.
Old 16th May 2007, 21:40   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

the ORIGINAL jack- the side-jack, similar to what was used on the Standard 10s!!I understand you insert it in that little slot at the sides, found under the body sills.
great, but dont ever use that jack...theyre notorious on a flexed body...your complete running board might collapse if jacked on that point...use the regular one
Old 16th May 2007, 22:18   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
great, but dont ever use that jack...theyre notorious on a flexed body...your complete running board might collapse if jacked on that point...use the regular one
Geez I didnt know that! Thanks for letting me know.....did you see the pics. I mailed you btw?
Oh, and I forgot to take the bootlid stay, mine's not working properly....luckily I'm told the car is still there for a coupla more days, so time for 1 last visit....
Also my mech. suggested I take the bumpers as well....I have good ones for my car but these could atleast be of help to someone else he said...anyways, uh...how much do you feel I should pay for the bumpers?

Last edited by Stanher : 16th May 2007 at 22:27.
Old 18th May 2007, 21:10   #143
BHPian

thanks i would be getting the car by end of june vecause of my hectic schedule and its located very far so lets see what is needed then but its in mint condition except the fact that i think the previous owner have either drillled holes on bonnet as vents or may be there is rubber coating is only for show (as i saw in the picture)
Old 14th June 2007, 13:40   #144
BHPian

Looking for classic vw beetle

I am interested in getting a vw beetle in running condition. Can take care of restoration like painting etc.
Please pass me the info if you come across one, I am in Bangalore.

Thanks.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:15   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks i would be getting the car by end of june vecause of my hectic schedule and its located very far so lets see what is needed then but its in mint condition except the fact that i think the previous owner have either drillled holes on bonnet as vents or may be there is rubber coating is only for show (as i saw in the picture)
aman are you talking about MFC 2282, the dark blue 2000? I can tell you everything that there is to know about the car...the vents on the bonnet are stuck on rubber ones, so no worries...
Old 15th June 2007, 23:07   #146
BHPian

a beetle being restored with a maruti engine(went there to get its rust pictures but they had started work on it).ot has a unicef badge on its front left door
Old 15th June 2007, 23:11   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
aman are you talking about MFC 2282, the dark blue 2000? I can tell you everything that there is to know about the car...the vents on the bonnet are stuck on rubber ones, so no worries...
actually its a tamil nadu number and white on colour so i think its different than the one you know. and i wonder why two 2000's have those fake rubbers vents.
Old 16th June 2007, 10:37   #148
BHPian

Quote:

a beetle being restored with a maruti engine(went there to get its rust pictures but they had started work on it).ot has a unicef badge on its front left door
will this be for sale? location? price?
Old 16th June 2007, 15:39   #149
Senior - BHPian

We found a 1967 Ford Mustang Mark 1 in chennai.
Very bad state. But, restorable.
2 days of following up with the owner and he refused to sell it.
@Karl and the other veterans: Pls start a thread on how to talk a scrap vintage car owner into selling it off.
Also, is this beetle worth buying?

Last edited by nitrous : 16th June 2007 at 15:54.
Old 16th June 2007, 16:38   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
We found a 1967 Ford Mustang Mark 1 in chennai.
Very bad state. But, restorable.
2 days of following up with the owner and he refused to sell it.
Thats slack...

Did you make him an offer he couldn't refuse?? (qoute - Godfather)

good luck mate..

Most Viewed