Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2008, 17:40   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Karl and Dussey are right it not a Dodge but a 1946 Mercury also made by ford. This car had a Flat eight side valve engine.
The twin side lights on the bonnet were also found onthe 46 ford but the lower grill as seen in the pic posted earlier as well as the pics I have posted, is different in both the cars and was available only on the Mercury.
Note the grill differences between the two. They shared the same body shell too, with minor trim changes.

1946 Ford also with the side lights
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-1946_ford.jpg

1946 Mercury
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-8041fordmercury1946.jpg
Old 11th August 2008, 18:09   #1502
Distinguished - BHPian

A poor old Jawa (dont know what model) rusting in pieces at the same paintshop where I'm getting my lambretta done up!
It belongs to a friend of the painter's I'm told. 'doubt whether it is salvageable!
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_1103.jpg  

Old 11th August 2008, 18:14   #1503
Senior - BHPian

is there any restorabe bike in mumbai that you guys know of? And is it for sale?
Old 11th August 2008, 19:55   #1504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
is there any restorabe bike in mumbai that you guys know of? And is it for sale?
Im contemplating getting rid of my 72 Jawa to fund other projects, PM me for details. Besides which, you could also contact the Jawa club, they are very active.
Old 11th August 2008, 23:44   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Dear,

Please find out for the parts, I too have Velocette but far better condition and being restored in Hyd.
By the way how much Mr.Puri asking ? Have you seen it ? Puri has lot on sale but I doubt he has any with him. As far as I know he can source you the bikes.

Regards
Girish
Hello Sir:
Yes I read in your posts about ur Velocette and seen the pictures too. No I have not seen the bike but he sent me the pictures which are there in this forum. This bike apparently belonged to his dad, who worked on the engine himself. The parts that are missing were supposedly sold by the people working in his house by mistake. He is quoting 30k for what you see in the pictures. Since you already have one, do you think the price is ok? I am looking out for a such bikes with handgears, but I cant afford to pay a bomb for it (which again is subjective).

I asked Rohan about the parts but he says if I can get it for him then he wouldn't want to sell it. Im sure you know that it is quite difficult, and that is one reason I am hesitant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
A poor old Jawa (dont know what model) rusting in pieces at the same paintshop where I'm getting my lambretta done up!
It belongs to a friend of the painter's I'm told. 'doubt whether it is salvageable!
Hi:
Looking at the front wheel, this Jawa looks like a pre 1969. Would it be possible for you to find out the price of this one? If the price is ok, I would like to pick it up. I have enough parts to get this one up and running. I am surprised that the back footrests are still there on it. It is one of the most difficult to get. If not for the bike, plz ask him if he is willing to part with the front drum and the rear footrests.

Thank you
-pat-

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th August 2008 at 12:49.
Old 12th August 2008, 00:28   #1506

Sorry for the bad picture. Had to take it without anyone noticing. It is lying in a garage near Ballard Estate. Very Close to karans place.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc02674.jpg  

Old 12th August 2008, 00:55   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Cyrus, did you see this car at Dias auto, c/o Sam Rustom & co, Adi Murzban road, ballard estate ? Daryl Dias the owner owns a lovely very very complete 1953 / 54 fiat Millecento. She's white in colour, and lives at Mulund.
There is a Chevy Fleetmaster undergoing restoration at that garage. Is that what's in your pic ??
Old 12th August 2008, 00:59   #1508

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Cyrus, did you see this car at Dias auto, c/o Sam Rustom & co, Adi Murzban road, ballard estate ? Daryl Dias the owner owns a lovely very very complete 1953 / 54 fiat Millecento. She's white in colour, and lives at Mulund.
There is a Chevy Fleetmaster undergoing restoration at that garage. Is that what's in your pic ??
Yup, this is at Sam Rustom. The old fellow came out and was seeing my Left Hand Drive. He really Appreciated the car. And i really Appriciated his Fleetmaster.. Now i have to go and ask him about the Fiat.
Old 12th August 2008, 01:04   #1509
Senior - BHPian

No no, Daryl is a young guy, not the old fellow. In fact he's promised to join our meets with his millecento, once the rainy season is over.
Old 12th August 2008, 01:23   #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
No no, Daryl is a young guy, not the old fellow. In fact he's promised to join our meets with his millecento, once the rainy season is over.
The guy who was sitting in the office was some old guy. He was the one who came out and looked at the car. Please do tell him to join in. Will he sell??
Old 14th August 2008, 10:53   #1511
BHPian

Spotted these cars near Lower tankbund , Hyderabad.

Volkswagen Beetle (only body) and Landmaster.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc00020.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc00021.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc00022.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc00023.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc00024.jpg  

Old 14th August 2008, 11:07   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzrox View Post
Spotted these cars near Lower tankbund , Hyderabad.

Volkswagen Beetle (only body) and Landmaster.
Vinzrox any idea of who owns the beetle? i would be interested in the body shell. got a wicked idea of what to do with it.
Old 14th August 2008, 11:23   #1513
BHPian

Looks like the Landmaster still has the indicators even though it is in such a bad shape..
Old 14th August 2008, 13:32   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Vinzrox any idea of who owns the beetle? i would be interested in the body shell. got a wicked idea of what to do with it.
I may need the fenders pls (both left and right). Can you pls inquire and help me with the purchase pls.

Cheers,
Old 14th August 2008, 14:07   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Nope.. I dont know who owns it.. its lying there from many years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks