Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 15:01   #166
Senior - BHPian

Those are great pics Cyrus and you had the right man Karl "Fiat" Bothe to guide you. If im right he would've given you the life history of all these cars with their numbers which he would've muttered By Heart.
Old 28th June 2007, 21:10   #167

thanks to him i saw some more amazing fiats. .i already have 4. now i want the 1954 millicento that is there in the pics and i want basically watever else i can lay my hands on. so if there are any fiats for sale, contact me....
Old 28th June 2007, 21:45   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Those are great pics Cyrus and you had the right man Karl "Fiat" Bothe to guide you. If im right he would've given you the life history of all these cars with their numbers which he would've muttered By Heart.
I made sure he snapped the golf especially for you! damn wish id carried my camera...there were loads more to click.
Old 28th June 2007, 21:52   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hmm....these cars arent exactly "Rust in pieces" material now are they?
That's right! Truly an indignation, sir! Harrumph!
My car did have a fair bit of rust, but I've got fixed up now anyway....
And btw NIP, the image of MHP 255 is not mine, its Karl 'Fiat' Bhote's! Although its surely ok with him too if you post it....!

Quote:
MHP 255 has since been sold...its in bombay, and pretty messed up now.
Aww...man, that's sad to hear! :(
Old 29th June 2007, 02:25   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those are great pics Cyrus and you had the right man Karl "Fiat" Bothe to guide you.
V-16 - Sir, please do not address Mr. karl by an incorrect name. Please address him by his correct & complete name "Karlos Singh Fiat Wallah", Thank You!!!!
Old 29th June 2007, 09:57   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
V-16 - Sir, please do not address Mr. karl by an incorrect name. Please address him by his correct & complete name "Karlos Singh Fiat Wallah", Thank You!!!!
Wasnt there a Jhango in there somewhere? Tsk tsk...youre slipping up!
Old 29th June 2007, 10:38   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasnt there a Jhango in there somewhere? Tsk tsk...youre slipping up!
Why is tsk1979 slipping up? And yeah Karlos Jango (International Gangster) is your other identity, the alter ego!
Old 29th June 2007, 10:43   #173
Team-BHP Support

Karl, I saw a Red VW Polo on East Street yesterday. It wasn't Rust in Pieces material but a cute little car. Any idea who it belongs to?
Old 29th June 2007, 11:55   #174

there is one messed up golf lying near ruia collage....there was a vw jetta in parsi colony which was a confirmed khatara..havent seen it in a while now....

and have you seen the beetle near almeida park in bandra....pink with some stupid silver or greyish coloured graphics...and the worst part is that none of the wheels point in the same direction...if you know wat i mean...
Old 29th June 2007, 13:43   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Why is tsk1979 slipping up? And yeah Karlos Jango (International Gangster) is your other identity, the alter ego!
aah yes...Fiatwale by day, and Jango by night! hehe

Cyrus, do get us some pics...
Old 29th June 2007, 13:45   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Karl, I saw a Red VW Polo on East Street yesterday. It wasn't Rust in Pieces material but a cute little car. Any idea who it belongs to?

That Polo along with a blue golf was lying for years together at a garage to the left of Mayur thaali joint and the enfield showroom...that place also houses a derelict 48 Ford. Didnt know the Polos a runner!
Old 29th June 2007, 14:07   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I made sure he snapped the golf especially for you! damn wish id carried my camera...there were loads more to click.
I realised it the moment i saw the golf's pics sir, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
there is one messed up golf lying near ruia collage....there was a vw jetta in parsi colony which was a confirmed khatara..havent seen it in a while now....

and have you seen the beetle near almeida park in bandra....pink with some stupid silver or greyish coloured graphics...and the worst part is that none of the wheels point in the same direction...if you know wat i mean...
Oh yes the golf near ruia college is generallyparked opp mani's lunch home. There was a VW variant coupe in the building too which the owner did'nt want to sell but a month later i hear was sold to someone for less than what i had offered. It was in Original paint. Good running condition.
Old 29th June 2007, 14:14   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

saw a clean 2 owner very original variant yesterday...expected 85! hehehe...after been lying in the open for 4 years...
Old 29th June 2007, 21:01   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I realised it the moment i saw the golf's pics sir, thank you.

Oh yes the golf near ruia college is generally parked opp mani's lunch home. There was a VW variant coupe in the building too which the owner did'nt want to sell but a month later i hear was sold to someone for less than what i had offered. It was in Original paint. Good running condition.

i know the owner of the golf near ruia..if someone wants to buy it the owner was a volkswagen enthusiast...had a 65 beetle and a VW VAN...really good shape too...alas he's growing old and tired...he's the second owner though the car was imported from london...its a diesel...
Old 30th June 2007, 11:37   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Heres an interesting pair I found some time back in Koregaon Park...A Ford Corsair and a Chevy Corvair...

The chevy was in decidedly worse shape, and apparently has many mechanical bits missing.

GM felt the pinch when VW's small, efficient and cheap Beetle became number 1 import in the states, and began to make a serious dent in their sales. The corvair was Chevys answer to the VW type 1 and type 3 range, and sported a similar boxer air cooled rear engine specification. This being their first attempt at this layout from a company known for making land yauchts, the car was launched without ironing out the defects. On sharp turns, the car was prone to flip, and placement of the fuel tank meant it would almost surely catch fire. This prompted Ralf Nader to write his landmark book, "Unsafe at any speed", demanding security and safety norms be made mandatory in the US. An ugly battle later, Nader persevered, and changed the face of the American car market. A very historically significant car this!

Most Viewed