Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2009, 23:10   #1891
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Nopes Gogi and Karl. This was a white Gremlin which was lying around in Andheri West for a couple of years, then landed up somwehere in Santacruz after which it disappeared.
Old 15th February 2009, 23:24   #1892
BHPian

A 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, a Mercedes 280s and a W116 280s that was just lying in delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-250s.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-car13.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-w116-280s.jpg  

Last edited by anish9000 : 15th February 2009 at 23:30.
Old 16th February 2009, 01:03   #1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
That was a Pacer not a Gremlin, from Dadar Parsi Colony. Was picked up by a dealer in Borivilli some time ago and is now in the private collection of a friend since around the past almost 6-8 months.

This is another car
Was this car with turel for a while? BTW, Turel's TransAM is back!!
Old 16th February 2009, 10:22   #1894
Senior - BHPian

AMC Javelin in Hyderabad

There used to be an AMC Javelin two door sports coupe with a famous car dealer in Hyderabad in the 1990's.

It was a two tone cream and red fastback with a V8 and auto transmission and it was purchased from Mumbai.

The car was transported to Hyd by truck and while loading / unloading the transmission had got damaged and the car was never used.

It was stored in the basement of a high rise building in Hyd along with an assortment of other cars also owned by this dealer.

Any idea what happened to this car.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:35   #1895
BHPian

Hi Wasif,
Once I have seen Black Humber Hawk inside Wajid bhai's compound opp. Jamia Osmania railway station in 90's, do you know, where it is now.
Also seen Rolls & Maroon Buick or Cadi opp. Care Hospital in Banjara Hills on Road#1.
Another Black Humber Hawk seen with army services, participated few times in Rally's in Sec'bad.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:48   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Hi.

The Humber with Wajid Bhai would most probably be a part of the Pestonjee collection as all the cars were stored at Wajid Bhai's place prior to restoration.

Regardsing the Rolls and teh Maroon Buick of Caddy, I am not aware of these. When I used to live in Hyd there was no Care Hospital on Road No. 1.

There was a Hawk with a gentleman in Sec Bad am unaware if it was from the army.

A collector in Khairtabad had brought back a Humber Super Snipe Pullman Limo from up north. This car was black and used to belong to the Nizam of Hyd.

There was an incident of a bomb being thrown at this car and it was sold off to someone in Gujrat.

There was a moaroon Hawk also in Hyd but it had its roof chopped off. Can't remember where I saw it.

When I was in Hyd the only Rolls there was the Nizam's 1912 Ghost at Chirann Palace.

Ranjit Mallik, a car dealer had two Rolls at one time in Sec Bad but they were subsequently sold. Around late 2001 the Khairtabad collector had purchased a Ghost and then Inder Krishnama in Sec Bad bought the ex Korea State Ghost.

Would love to know about the cars in Hyd now.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:01   #1897

Is that a Cadillac Brougham next to the Cutlass??

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 16th February 2009 at 13:02.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:59   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

Is that a Cadillac Brougham next to the Cutlass??
Dear Sherlok ( Holmes)

It is indeed a Caddy. See the following thread.

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop by randeep04

Have you noticed that this car is damaged, this was done on purpose! And not for a movie!

Regards
Watson
Old 16th February 2009, 14:03   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Dear Sherlok ( Holmes)

It is indeed a Caddy. See the following thread.

A Large Collection of Classic Cars at a Private Workshop by randeep04

Have you noticed that this car is damaged, this was done on purpose! And not for a movie!

Regards
Watson
Harit wasnt this Caddy standing in NCPA for a long time? I Saw her last there as recently as 7 months back, But the agent was quoting too high.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:16   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Better pictures of that Cutlass exist (it was photographed in the same place) earlier in this thread.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:20   #1901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Harit wasnt this Caddy standing in NCPA for a long time? I Saw her last there as recently as 7 months back, But the agent was quoting too high.
No Scooby, I believe this car was sold as scrap by the American Embassy in Delhi. Since it was being sold as scrap, they damaged it. I also believe that this was a special RHD car. I think there is a clearer pic in Randeep's thread.

Harit
Old 16th February 2009, 14:30   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
No Scooby, I believe this car was sold as scrap by the American Embassy in Delhi. Since it was being sold as scrap, they damaged it. I also believe that this was a special RHD car. I think there is a clearer pic in Randeep's thread.

Harit
Very surprising, since even the Mumbai car had the spacers between the fenders and rear lights missing.
Will check again on the NCPA car.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:05   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Was this car with turel for a while? BTW, Turel's TransAM is back!!
Nope. it was never with whom you mentioned.
Old 21st February 2009, 23:18   #1904
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, this can be taken as good news or bad news- most of you'd remember this '55 Plymouth Belvedere that was junking away in a corner of the garage where I'm getting my cars done up...well, this car had finally been bought earlier this week, by a friend who has a '55 Dodge Kingsway and intends to use this car for parts only.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_2463.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_2464.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_2466.jpg

Surprisingly, I found many original cosmetic bits of the car (including 2 whole "Belvedere" front wing badges!) inside the boot!

But in any case, it was a much abused car....plus missing it's original engine (Dieselised with a P4 at one point), which is next to impossible to find...so I guess it isn't really a pity.
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2009, 15:43   #1905
BHPian

Isuzu Gemini...

I have driven past this 'Isuzu Gemini' several times in the past few months. Stopped today to click a couple of pics...

It has been parked by the roadside and left to rust in peace, while serving as a sign-board holder for a garage nearby.

I looked it up on the net and this seems to be a 'first generation' Gemini, manufactured between 1974 - 84.

It is parked on the road which connects old Airport road to Old Madras road. While going towards OMR, keep looking towards your left and you'll spot it.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-isuzugemini1.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-isuzugemini2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks