Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2007, 23:33   #346
Senior - BHPian

Speedy is this an important car..or is it significant car...or just ordinarty american
cause i found a newer model of this car(looks like a recent model but might not be the latest) in bangalore white in colour..i dont which segment it belongs to...can you tell me? i didnt get any respose in the bangalore thread
Old 25th August 2007, 23:47   #347
Senior - BHPian

GS no interior pictures

Amatmo this is not an important car but an ordinary american car. it does not belong to any segment but yet can be brought for a classic car event
Old 25th August 2007, 23:56   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
Speedy is this an important car..or is it significant car...or just ordinarty american
cause i found a newer model of this car(looks like a recent model but might not be the latest) in bangalore white in colour..i dont which segment it belongs to...can you tell me? i didnt get any respose in the bangalore thread
Ford Falcon is one of the biggest name in automotive history. It has been sold since 1960.
Original production began in 1959 in Australia. Still remaining the most popular Ford model in Australia, today the Falcon is only built in this country and production still continues steadily.
Since 1960 when the model was first introduced, over four million Ford Falcon's have been manufactured in various versions. Available in sedan, station wagon, panel van and as pickup trucks, the Falcon has been a versatile automobile.
The Falcon has became popular as both taxi cabs and police vehicles in Australia and New Zealand.
Ford Falon variants have been designed to race in touring car races held in Australia for many years. In 1969 the'XW' which came with a bigger V8 was 351 cubic inches and produced up to 291 hp (217kW) and the Canadian designed 'Windsor' engine. This GT model is still considered to be a valuable collectible model today.
Old 26th August 2007, 00:25   #349
Senior - BHPian

so does it belong to the class of camry/superb/maxima or A4/passat/c-class/3 series
thanks for the info

Last edited by AMATMO : 26th August 2007 at 00:26.
Old 26th August 2007, 00:45   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so does it belong to the class of camry/superb/maxima or A4/passat/c-class/3 series
thanks for the info
in its time according to me it belonged to the class of honda city/corolla/optra bracket. more of a common man car, not extra ordinary class
Old 26th August 2007, 00:54   #351
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the info
I think it belongs to the Camry/Superb segment. You can have more info about the current Falcon here: Ford - Falcon Specification Data
Old 26th August 2007, 01:09   #352
Senior - BHPian

GS i think amatmo was mentioning about the picture posted by us or did i intrepret it wrong.
Old 26th August 2007, 01:16   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
GS i think amatmo was mentioning about the picture posted by us or did i intrepret it wrong.
Quote:
I think he meant the newer model speedy. If he is talking about the Falcon in the pics we posted then I can't compare it with camry/ superb/ A4/ Passat/ 3 Series/ c class.
Old 26th August 2007, 01:53   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my bad but i still wont consider it in the same class as a camry/ a4/ 3 series/ c-class. it is a nice car to drive and comfortable but it still has something lacking.amatmo has also mentioned that the car looks like a recent model but it might not be the latest. if it would be the latest one i would think again.
i thought he wanted to know in its time the falcon we posted could be compared to the following cars of today. likes of the camry/ c- class/ 3 series etc.

Last edited by speedy : 26th August 2007 at 01:55. Reason: missing information
Old 26th August 2007, 09:05   #355
BHPian

Hello Everybody ,

Here are the pictures of the garbage dump Ford V 8 , I have seen it reach this stage over the last 20 years.

Old 26th August 2007, 10:35   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my bad but i still wont consider it in the same class as a camry/ a4/ 3 series/ c-class. it is a nice car to drive and comfortable but it still has something lacking.amatmo has also mentioned that the car looks like a recent model but it might not be the latest. if it would be the latest one i would think again.
i thought he wanted to know in its time the falcon we posted could be compared to the following cars of today. likes of the camry/ c- class/ 3 series etc.
well speedy i wanted some information and history of the model you have posted....and since i had spotted a newer version i was curious to know the importance of this car and which segment it belongs (what cars it competes with) cause i have always believed it too be a D-segment

and after looking at it i would certainly prefer it over an accord
Old 26th August 2007, 13:30   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hello Everybody ,

Here are the pictures of the garbage dump Ford V 8 , I have seen it reach this stage over the last 20 years.
oh man the car is beyond repair and i dont know what to say. how could someone and the kids offcourse do this.

Quote:
well speedy i wanted some information and history of the model you have posted....and since i had spotted a newer version i was curious to know the importance of this car and which segment it belongs (what cars it competes with) cause i have always believed it too be a D-segment

and after looking at it i would certainly prefer it over an accord
alot of confusion what to say but i hope you did get your answer at the end of it all.
Old 26th August 2007, 17:03   #358
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god! that ford makes me cry!! We had several of them in our family in the early days(tanx to an uncle who kept buing one ford after another, bought a chrysler, desoto, and finally decided the ford was etter adn bot 3 more, one at a time ie)!!! Is the roof all bent coz of some accident damage or is it plain rust???
Old 26th August 2007, 17:58   #359
Senior - BHPian

jayd like vintage man had mentioned earlier children use to sell of metal from the ford to buy sweets and other things.
due to excessive sun and god knows how many monsoons this ford has gone through, and oweing to rust the car has deteriorated over the years. soon i dont think you could find the car looking like this also.
back when my father was in school our family had a hillman and a chevrolet woody.
Old 26th August 2007, 18:55   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in its time according to me it belonged to the class of honda city/corolla/optra bracket. more of a common man car, not extra ordinary class
Sorry Speedy!! it was in the Camry class, AND, it was a well built very dependable daily runner from Australia, and not Common mans car in India!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks