Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:51   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Shyam will pass out on seeing this

They are a Standard Herald Mk1, probably 61-62 going by the colour scheme, an early Standard 20 van, and a rare Austin Mini estate.
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:32   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I think Shyam will pass out on seeing this
Not quite but close! *Shockked, sniff, sob*

The Herald is probably in its original paint too (seemed tove been blue & white- Karl, your turn to pass out! )....what a shame!

Pawan, could you find out if there is any chance of getting the Herald (which I want as a parts car only, it looks too gone to restore)......or atleast if you could pluck off the side-trims/badges on it?

Where in Bangalore did you see these?

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th January 2008 at 17:27. Reason: 3 smileys
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:37   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The Herald is probably in its original paint too (seemed tove been blue & white- Karl, your turn to pass out! )....what a shame!

Pawan, could you find out if there is any chance of getting the Herald (which I want as a parts car only, it looks too gone to restore)......or atleast if you could pluck off the side-trims/badges on it?

Where in Bangalore did you see these?
will ask and see didnt want to stick around and take more pics as its on private property but will go tomorrow and ask.

will pluck them off to.

the car is in pennya inside a field where a palce called metro motors is which still has a lot of machines still there.
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:10   #889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
a rare Austin Mini estate.
Back in 1974, when we moved from the UK, this car was on sale at an automobile agent cum real estate agent called "Auto Associates"

This car was white. I remember being taken around in it as an 11 year old, looking at houses. Exhaust was leaking and puffs of blue smoke came in during gear changes!
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:11   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
will ask and see didnt want to stick around and take more pics as its on private property but will go tomorrow and ask.

will pluck them off to.

the car is in pennya inside a field where a palce called metro motors is which still has a lot of machines still there.
Thanks!

Pennya.......hmm.....never heard of the place....anyways, GOOD LUCK with the parts atleast!
Old 28th January 2008, 01:30   #891

Rust in pieces, can you share the address.

Hello,

It is very sad to see these beauty's rusting in pieces. Will it be possible to get address of cars rusting in Pune. I am looking for a restoration project for sometime, it would be nice if you can share address details.

Thanks,
Rabi
Old 30th January 2008, 12:25   #892
Senior - BHPian

Was in baroda in last month...found this rare piece in baroda palace gardens

1910(i think)Merryweather fire engine

Old 30th January 2008, 12:47   #893
Senior - BHPian

DDDAAAMMMNNNN!!!!

Someone save her please.
Old 30th January 2008, 12:52   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

A '56 Fiat elegant rotting away....the front & roof (& I think bootlid as well) was badly damaged by a fallen wall and they couldnt find a replacement body....so the owners decided to give up on it...

Old 31st January 2008, 10:05   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Was in baroda in last month...found this rare piece in baroda palace gardens

1910(i think)Merryweather fire engine
Looks like someone wreaked out all their hatred of the British Raj (during which time this fire engine was imported) on the poor thing!
I agree it should be saved.....but if its owned by the Govt. there is hardly any chance I guess! :(

Our local authorities have a lot to learn more about preserving vintage vehicles than just putting a coat of paint (that too by hand!) every now & then....the Bedford Bus at B'lore bus station also is a case point, although thats much better off (atleast for the time being!)...
Old 31st January 2008, 11:56   #896
BHPian

Rusty Fintail - nostalgia....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
This thread is like a morgue.
Hi Guys .
Found this 1963 W111 220 in the compund of a house near by..It was bought by the owner when he was in college.He used to be one those flashy guys who had good collections of cars then ... I have vague memories him owning a chevy also.Now the guy has decided to abandon it ....for reasons unknown......I have been trying to trace this car out for a long time as its the first merc I had a ride in when I was a kid (I was eight then).I was told that the car was sold a long time ago.Recently I met the owner and he tol me he still has the car. As a kid I always used to admire it when ever I used to see it on the road.The owner happens to be a friend of my dad and one day he took me for a spin.From that I was bitten by Fintail bug!!. As you can see from the pics its a rusted heap now....Will make a nice parts car...body trim..mechanicals and a good engine......but I dont think the owner will part with it.
Regards to all
[url=http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bug0005wk5.jpg]/URL]

cheers:
Old 31st January 2008, 14:17   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

A VW Golf (maybe 70s/early 80s?) thats been sitting idle at this spot for quite some time....

Old 31st January 2008, 15:03   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeve View Post
Hi Guys .
Found this 1963 W111 220

cheers:
Peeve, it is so sad that people leave their cars to rust like this due to sheer neglegence on their own part.

A little about this mercedes.

As the front clearly shows, this is a W111 S class 220 or 230 S...

Or is it?? Looks like the rear of the W110?? It has the light cluster of a W110? Whats this kitsch?? Two in one car?..

@#1#@
The rear lights should be like this

Now notice the inside.
A W111, should be a six cylinder, twin carb, petrol fueled car. This one is a floor shift diesel. Notice the Heater Glow Plug on the RHD next to the amp meter. There is also a starter switch. This shows that he car has some other engine and gearbox..probably an indegenious matador or something else. This is a Kerala number and many cars like this exist in the south with diesel conversions, which are still runnig strong, unlike this specimen.
This is a Kitsch car put together. Are you sure this was a 220S?

Old 31st January 2008, 17:03   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

A sad sight for all Beetle lovers......from what the mech. told me, this car was used as a parts donor for another Beetle that is being restored inside the garage...bodily looks gone incidentally...

Old 31st January 2008, 19:38   #900
Senior - BHPian

Shyam, if hes selling, Ill be interested in the Steering wheel and the one white Ivory knob on the dash. Also the boot open knob.
More importantly I would like also to get two or three rims of the VW if possible for a certain friend whose car needs at least two such wheels

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks