Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoyster View Post
Seems to be in good shape!
You interested in it??
Old 18th April 2007, 10:48   #122
BHPian

dream come true!!!

i work at b.u.bhandari auto ltd as *** works manager<heading fiat division>the owner's father is a hardcore oldie fan. well known car restorer mr. dilip desai looks after the oldies... when like minded peoplecome together.. u get paid for ur dream jobs...
in the due cource he has deputed the resroration jobs to me... so i find my self enjoying the beauties like ford mustang convertable inline 6 80%restored , chevelle v8 undes rest,beetle under rest,,impala body painted now ,engine under resto,lincon continental jstarted tin work,
so ..... keep fingers crossed...,,,
there r very few lucky ones who get the chance to work on latesd as well as classic at the same time ,,, and get paid 4 it!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th April 2007 at 11:18. Reason: max 2 smileys, please follow the rules
Old 18th April 2007, 12:21   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hey V-16, Those cars have been lying there since ages. There's also a Rolls Royce, another XJ(not sure if its an R), couple of W140 Merc, 5-series, VW Golf, a soft-top 500(or a 560) SEL, Lotus Elan.

Have pics but cant post due to privacy reasons.
Old 18th April 2007, 21:16   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Hey V-16, Those cars have been lying there since ages. There's also a Rolls Royce, another XJ(not sure if its an R), couple of W140 Merc, 5-series, VW Golf, a soft-top 500(or a 560) SEL, Lotus Elan.

Have pics but cant post due to privacy reasons.

The soft top 500s sold and the red golf diesel has some wierd graphics on it. and the rolls, an early 70's junk. I had offered a sum for her but he wanted some crazy price worth 10 such cars. I just walked away. Eventually i think some ''bhangarwalla'' will pick her up..
Old 19th April 2007, 09:24   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The soft top 500s sold and the red golf diesel has some wierd graphics on it. and the rolls, an early 70's junk. I had offered a sum for her but he wanted some crazy price worth 10 such cars. I just walked away. Eventually i think some ''bhangarwalla'' will pick her up..
It sure crazy isnt it, how guys like these refuse to sell their cars for a reasonable price when it comes to people like us & quote the moon in front of us......only to eventually not mind letting them go for scrap value! Its a mad mad mad mad world!!
Old 19th April 2007, 09:58   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to prove my point, here's a 1955 'dukkar' Fiat 1100 I saw at a garage here (along w/ the Merc. W108 I posted in another thread).....very complete & original barring the wheels, side-trim, petrol tank flap, front indicators that belong to a Standard 10....plus a few other things....but he's asking 60k for it!! I doubt if it's worth even half of that.....so my guess is it'll go to a Kabadiwala as well unless some miracle takes place!

Last edited by Stanher : 19th April 2007 at 10:02.
Old 22nd April 2007, 00:14   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, looks like I was right about a miracle taking place- I'm told the above car sold for 45k just a couple o days ago!

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd April 2007 at 00:17.
Old 25th April 2007, 00:26   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
10)Triumph TR3 Frogeye
Uh, sorry Gogi bhai, just curious- are you calling this car 'Frogeye' because of how its headlights are mounted or did you think the model was called as 'Frogeye', which it wasnt; that was the nickname of the Austin Healey Sprite....I dont like this design much though....
Old 25th April 2007, 00:30   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Uh, sorry Gogi bhai, just curious- are you calling this car 'Frogeye' because of how its headlights are mounted or did you think the model was called as 'Frogeye', which it wasnt; that was the nickname of the Austin Healey Sprite....I dont like this design much though....
Might be it was called the bug eye....??!!
anyways Chief, pl check on the merc!!
Old 26th April 2007, 09:49   #130
Senior - BHPian

DKW Van

[How much for the DKW please advise. Thanks
Old 26th April 2007, 11:25   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
[How much for the DKW please advise. Thanks
the van aint for sale...last i heard he was making frankies in it...
Old 26th April 2007, 14:59   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Might be it was called the bug eye....??!!
anyways Chief, pl check on the merc!!
Uh, nope it was called jus the TR2-3........

Yeah I told my mech. to get in touch with the Merc. guy......he may be going that side in a few days so I'll go with him & ask about the Merc.

Btw, 'hope your fiat 1100's coming along fine...

Last edited by Stanher : 26th April 2007 at 15:02.
Old 14th May 2007, 19:42   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

OK guys, back with more pics........here's a very original (barring the hubcaps...ugghhh!) 60s Morris Oxford A60 Farina parked at a local scrapyard waiting for its turn to be broken!
I'd seen this car sitting outside someone's house once, around a month ago....but didnt get to take any pics. of it then......pity it ended up here!

This is my mech. who told me about this car.....he kinda liked it so wanted to pose for a pic. with it!

Old 15th May 2007, 00:03   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat 1100 select, found at the same scrapyard......parked just a little beyond the Morris. We'd actually gone there to get some spares off this car before it got scrapped...ended up getting many though!

Appears to be what was once a very original car (still had the original Italian-made side-indicators & tail-lamp assemblies) later deteriorated.

Here's my mech. posing for a pic. again!

Still had the original upholstery intact....although the door pads were too rotten...we did take the seats though...

Here's some of our 'loot' after parting out the car for whatever parts that we could take:

Here's the front end after being stripped out (they are taking off the original rims for us)......resembles a granny w/ a toothless grin!

And the rear minus its cosmetic jewellery.....this was before we had gone there again today & taken out the rear glass....we sure were grateful to this car!

Old 15th May 2007, 00:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Well I did see this thread and after reading your comment it feels great coz I dont have any money to buy anything
Where is Shankar when you need him...

Godfather

Most Viewed