Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 23:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Incidentally I have a Fantabulous, in total scrap condition. I would like to restore it but have no information to even start the project. Any pictures and literature would be very helpful.
Karlos- PM me with ur email id, I will send you some pics.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:41   #17
BHPian

Lambrettas on sale

I keep coming across Lambys and Lambrettas on sale, most of which I'm not interested in. Looking for a Series 2 from the early 60's. Most of the bikes I come across are 64 and later. If any Lambretta enthusiast is genuinely interested in knowing what is available (mostly in Bangalore), send me a PM. I am not a middleman or anything, I know how tough it is to find a good machine, and I like to see these scoots end up with genuine enthusiasts. If you have any leads to share too, you can PM me.
Old 6th August 2008, 20:23   #18
BHPian

I would like to have an LD or D model Lambretta / Fantabulus / Rajdoot / NSU scooters
Cheers
Old 6th August 2008, 21:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
I keep coming across Lambys and Lambrettas on sale, most of which I'm not interested in. Looking for a Series 2 from the early 60's. Most of the bikes I come across are 64 and later. If any Lambretta enthusiast is genuinely interested in knowing what is available (mostly in Bangalore), send me a PM. I am not a middleman or anything, I know how tough it is to find a good machine, and I like to see these scoots end up with genuine enthusiasts. If you have any leads to share too, you can PM me.
And just to make it totally clear, genuine enthusiasts are welcome to PM me. Exporters, middlemen, brokers, dealers...please don't contact me.
Old 6th August 2008, 22:45   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Incidentally I have a Fantabulous, in total scrap condition. I would like to restore it but have no information to even start the project. Any pictures and literature would be very helpful.
The Fantabulus(check the spelling) was a 175cc Royal Enfield scooter with a Villiers engine and battery and self/kick starter.The same engine was used in the Enfield Sherpa motorbike sold in the 1960's and later the Crusader in the 1970's. So check if you can get a scrap of any of these motorbikes which share common engine parts with the Fantabulus, half of the job is done.Also please write to Royal Enfield who may have the workshop manual.Please post the pictures soon of this scooter.
Quote:
What is the selling price range of Lambrettas these days for the 1960 model and later models?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th August 2008 at 10:53.
Old 6th August 2008, 22:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Incidentally, if anyone's interested, Ive posted about 2 later model s2 for sale:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/929874-post163.html
Old 18th August 2008, 19:13   #22
BHPian

Fantabulous

Apparently, there's a collector who owns a Fanta in B'lore. Just came across this link: No hell’s angels on scooters! - Newindpress.com&
Old 18th August 2008, 22:32   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently, there's a collector who owns a Fanta in B'lore. Just came across this link: No hell’s angels on scooters! - Newindpress.com&
Interesting, although the author seems to have written more about Vespas in the article rather than even the featured scooter (Jawa)...!
Old 18th August 2008, 23:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Interesting, although the author seems to have written more about Vespas in the article rather than even the featured scooter (Jawa)...!
It is a slightly skewed article. Info about the Fantabulous is slowly coming in, maybe Karl can begin work on his Fanta resto. Would be interesting.
Old 20th August 2008, 00:53   #25
BHPian

You may contact Mr.Jaspal Singh who has a lot of Lamby's on offer. His phone number is 9891042999
Old 7th February 2009, 23:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

An ad for some, incl Lamby : SOME OLD BLOCKS
Old 9th February 2009, 23:56   #27
BHPian

Hey guys: Since we talking about a lot of scooters, anyone here has literature/pictures of the Rajdoot Runabout? I need pictures especially of the taillight and decals/badges to complete the restoration of the scoot with me.
Old 10th February 2009, 00:12   #28
BHPian

Posting pictures of Rajdoot Runabout (courtesy: The Hindu : Front Page News : Monday, February 09, 2009)
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta wanted-rajdoot_runabout1.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-rajdoot_runabout2.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-rajdoot_runabout3.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-rajdoot_runabout4.jpg  

Old 10th February 2009, 09:52   #29
BHPian

Thank you Gaddiwale. These are the first pictures that I seen when i googled for it but I needed pictures of the taillight and the front. Im not sure if any badges were there on the leg sheild and want to see how the original taillight looked.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:03   #30
BHPian

Here are some pics of the Runabout with me
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta wanted-image027.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-image028.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-image029.jpg  

Lambretta wanted-image030.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks