Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
A lot of T Bhpians visited this event, surprised no one has bothered to comprehensively cover it. For whatever it's worth, the Cartier event's politics and pettiness aside, it's a treat to see loads of vintage cars together and a full report would be eye candy.

The audacity of Cartier to openly discriminate amongst invitees seems to hark back to the British Raj where it wasn't uncommon to find, in all their crassness, signs admonishing Indians from entering certain places.

Looks like for fear of being deleted from future invite lists a lot of TBHpians also seem to have chosen to not voice their disgust at such discrimination.

Are enthusiasts in India so compromised that just to be a part of this charade they willingly subject themselves to being openly discriminated against or do I see a quiet resignation amongst fellow enthusiasts that individually they cannot make a difference.

Utterly shameful !

A compressive set of snaps and details will follow from my side but please be patient only due more urgent things to complete

Cheers
kasli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:59   #32
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
A lot of T Bhpians visited this event, surprised no one has bothered to comprehensively cover it. For whatever it's worth, the Cartier event's politics and pettiness aside, it's a treat to see loads of vintage cars together and a full report would be eye candy. !
Karl's detailed report is expected shortly. He has 1000+ pictures to sort and prepare his report. Having missed the event, I too am eagerly waiting for Karl's report.

From the pictures so far, the quality of restoration is superb. The Pebble Beach winning Lanchester is truly a beauty. The only convertible Lanchester ever built is a very unique distinction, but sadly did not win at Cartier.

Amal's Impala station wagon shows us what a perfectionist he is!

On the winners, I was quite surprised that cars recently imported under the new import policy participated and won prizes

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 23:16   #33
BANNED

Re: 4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi

Well, the Karlopedia is here It just cant get better than this. I will complete my set of pic posting, while i look forward to Karls detailed report..
Attached Thumbnails
4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7187.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7188.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7189.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7185.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7184.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7183.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7182.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7180.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7181.jpg  

4th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - 14th March 2015 at New Delhi-img_7179.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 18:00   #34
BHPian

Mod Note: Karl's comprehensive event report is located at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Some authentic, came with the car. Some replica, but correct to a royal car. Some just plain added.

Secondly the imported cars can be registered and driven on roads.

Wondering which cars are the ones with the red plate 'creative' license.

I may be confused but read this earlier, Page 18 of Faster's Collection thread, hence the question about the ability/legality of using the pre-1950s imports on the road:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Wow, now that imports have opened to some extent, (still can't register them for road use ), ex-India cars keep popping up.
Cheers harit

Last edited by GTO : 24th March 2015 at 11:08. Reason: Linking to report
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks