Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 14:33   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Is it possible to post alll the pictures in a new thread devoted to that collection.

Also that Buick is very interesting and with an AP plate. Wondering if you can shed more light on its history?
Why a new thread? This thread is dedicated to the same collection. Anyways, most other pics have already been posted, so you aren't missing anything (else I would have uploaded earlier itself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I would be interested in knowing about the current location of this car.
As we have discussed before, I don't know where it is now.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:18   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Some great shots of the museum can be found here, including pics of the Porsche, 30s Buick Limo and 50s sedan, not present earlier on the forum. Also pics of Indrojit's Jaguar.

Classic Cars in India - a set on Flickr

Attachment 214833
Attachment 214834
Attachment 214835
Attachment 214836

If you go through the whole album you will also see a Dodge Kingsway, an Alfa, an Adler Trumpf (Junior?) and a BMU regd. Mk 7 Jaguar, all of which have been seen recently in Bangalore rallies, spruced up.

One Rolls (silver) is now in Bombay, and so is the Porsche I'm told.
Karl have you seen the Porsche in person? Any idea where it is in Mumbai?

Although the rear badge says Turbo her fenders sugget otherswise! She is a narrow body.

Last edited by canonball : 26th October 2009 at 13:26.
Old 26th October 2009, 18:55   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Karl have you seen the Porsche in person? Any idea where it is in Mumbai?
I had seen it many times, though many years ago, and never gave it a detailed look, so I can't recall any details. I do not know the current whereabouts/status, though I was told she is being restored.
Old 26th October 2009, 23:45   #64
BHPian

The Porsche has a Turbo badging on the whale fin, but Targa badgings on the B-Pillar. Is that possible? Lovely Martini pin striping around the car. And it seems to be missing its front end?
Old 27th October 2009, 08:46   #65
BHPian

IS the cars in the pics belong to ramesh thakker if so he s had an porsche of mallaya which he him self crashed in nandi hills long time back that car used to be an orange colour

Last edited by imperial.s.a : 27th October 2009 at 08:47.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:05   #66
DKG
Senior - BHPian

A 911 crashed by Mallya is in Hyderabad with a friend, being restored with a new shell.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:44   #67
Senior - BHPian

DKG.

This crashed Porsche you are refering to is it a second Porsche owned by Mallya to have met with an accident.

I remember he had bought the Porsche that was in Hyderabad with Nag in the late 80's which was subsequently driven into a wall on the way out of Windsor Palace in Bangalore.

Incidently it was being driven by his then girlfriend Nilima sister of Kiran, Bakhtiyar Khan's wife. Their other sister was married to Siraj and they used to have a silver Ford Capri. Do you know what happened to these cars ?
Old 27th October 2009, 11:01   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post

Incidently it was being driven by his then girlfriend Nilima sister of Kiran, Bakhtiyar Khan's wife. Their other sister was married to Siraj and they used to have a silver Ford Capri. Do you know what happened to these cars ?
Hmm, Nilima used to live below my mother, she passed away last year RIP. Siraj drives old Mercs in Bangalore if I recollect
Old 27th October 2009, 11:11   #69
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I am told the 911 in Hyderabad is the one which was crashed by Mallya and the lady. I don't think Nag ever had a 911. He did have a 924 or a 944, not sure what happened to it.

Siraj bhai used to have a Singer which presently is with Ramprakash Agarwal. Yes Ajmat he does have a W124

Last edited by DKG : 27th October 2009 at 11:13.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:37   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I am told the 911 in Hyderabad is the one which was crashed by Mallya and the lady. I don't think Nag ever had a 911. He did have a 924 or a 944, not sure what happened to it.

Siraj bhai used to have a Singer which presently is with Ramprakash Agarwal. Yes Ajmat he does have a W124
Yes DKG Nags car was a 944 which then went to Mallya and was subsequently crashed.

Siraj bhai also had the Ford Capri. This is the person who was married to Renu also Nilima's sister. Had some interior design business

Sad to heart Nilima passed. Was a very colourfull personality !!
Old 27th October 2009, 12:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

This car is also Mallya's and was reportedly crashed on the Bangelore Mysore road. I believe thakkar bought it as is and from the pics she seems to have been tinckered back to shape but the A pillar is completely warped this tub is useless as it has become what they call in VW/Porsche lingo a BANANA! So no amount of fixing will ever allign that warp Targa's are famous for this. She need a new suframe & front end the rest could be transplanted

Last edited by canonball : 27th October 2009 at 13:02.
Old 27th October 2009, 18:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

My memory on the story about this 911 goes like this. The car belonged to a staffer of the American Consulate in Mumbai, a young dashing man, has to be with a car like that. He was posted elsewhere after a short while and this car went to STC. Remember the pictures of this car in a movie with the STC serial number dangling from the rear view mirror?
At that time there were very very few Porsche's in India, so this was a sensation. Mallya bought her and promptly added the rear spoiler. That was NOT original on this car.
Thereafter the accident happened, sometime thereafter she was with Ramesh Thakkar and then went on to wherever. The wreck was for sale for a long time. I believe in this shuffling around vital parts were lost/misplaced.
Good Luck to the restorer and may he bring her back ti her former glory.

Cheers harit
Old 27th October 2009, 19:50   #73
BHPian

May I add my two bits to the above?
The Porsche discussed in the previous posts was silver grey in colour when it was parked at the STC showroom on Hughes Road in Bombay.
Must have walked past that showroom at least twice a day for close to three years ,for a glimpse that car.
By a quirk of fate the very same showroom today, plays host to Porsche Mumbai.
C'est la vie.
Old 27th October 2009, 20:02   #74
BHPian

So Mallya had both a 911 and a 944 in the 80s? And were both crashed? His 944, I believe was black or a dark blue. It had huge yellow McDowells decals on both sides between front and rear wheels on the bottom part of the door. It was with a friend's dad for a while. I didnt know it was ex Nag. Nags son had mentioned his dad had a 911 in the 80s. I take it, it was the same 944? Did Nag ever have a Ferrari in the '80s?
Old 27th October 2009, 21:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

So how did the grey silver targa trun black with martini strips? I was thinking how could it be black when harit claims she is the same STC car. Are we talking the same car guys?

Phew these are not the only two exotics in a way that Mallya has destroyed there is a black late 80's 560?/500 SEC with AMG kit and wheels that he? (girlfriend?) totalled as well the guy who fixed it had a tough time soldering the aluminum hood back together - saw her get tinkered in front of my eyes. At this rate how many exotics has he distroyed any ides folks? a real car killer if you ask me

Last edited by canonball : 27th October 2009 at 21:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks