Team-BHP - Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/168152-classics-coffee-bangalore-classic-car-drives.html)

The Bangalore Classic Drives final got going clap:. The Mumbai Classic drives have been an huge inspiration for all us to get our cars on the road. Thanks Mumbai guys.

So when Rayan called and said we have been discussing for too long, let us get started. We formed a Group of fellow enthusiasts and we did our first drive to a resort "Emerald Isle" past Hoskote. Mr. Edward Rodricks hosted us all breakfast. Unfortunately he was not in town and his son Christopher Rodricks played the host's role to perfection.

Here are pictures of the drive

Waiting at K R Puram
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3293.jpg

Christopher's Austin Devon Sport
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3294.jpg

1973 VW
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3295.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3296.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3297.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3298.jpg

Raghu's 1946 MG TC
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3302.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3303.jpg

1967 VW
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3301.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3299.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3300.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3306.jpg

Bulletboys Mark 2
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3310.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3308.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3312.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3311.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3313.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3314.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3315.jpg

Chris's Austin Devon Sport
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3316.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3317.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3318.jpg

1947 Buick Roadmaster.
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3309.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3321.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3323.jpg

3.2 litre engine
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3324.jpg

We had a Norton, AJS and BSA in the group too

Thanks to all and the Rodricks family in particular.

Cheers

KPS

Pictures of my 1954 Dodge at today's drive

At K R Puram as we wait for the other cars to join
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3291.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3292.jpg

Chris wanted to see the car's roof system working
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3319.jpg

With the roof in place
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3320.jpg

The hood uses the Dodge Hydraulic System
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-dscn3326.jpg

Cheers

KPS

Great going KPS and it's nice to see a group out in the garden city ! Important to keep these drives neutral and everyone being the boss !
:) love the Austin !

Had a great time this morning. Yes Kasli, we are trying to keep things neutral, no politics/ egos etc; End of the day the cars and the drive is the focal point. You Mumbai guys have been an inspiration too, so we finally decided to put a date and time to kick start our drives. Was a rather decent turn out today with around 15 odd cars and 3 bikes.
Looking forward to many more!

Congratulations Guys! This is a great way to keep your cars in shape. Maybe in the near future we can have a Bombay- Bangalore meet midway at Belgaum. I am sure many Bombay people will be game. regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 3801494)
Congratulations Guys! This is a great way to keep your cars in shape. Maybe in the near future we can have a Bombay- Bangalore meet midway at Belgaum. I am sure many Bombay people will be game. regards

I am on and the roads awesome ! Cheers

Picture of the Norton, AJS and BSA which gave the cars company

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-bikes.jpg

Cheers

KPS

More pictures from Facebook

View from inside the Buick
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d00.jpg

Toll with the usual excitement of people in their modern cars asking the standard questions on year, price, fuel etc. Once we crossed the barricades, line becomes single for the cars, we got some breathing space
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d0.jpg

Past the Toll, we regroup and the locals come to inspect the cars
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d01.jpg

Checking with one another how the cars are performing
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d1.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d2.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d3.jpg

Brat001 stands proudly in front of his wonderful Buick
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d4.jpg

This is a very original Elegant
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d5.jpg

Different shades of blue
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d6.jpg

Raghu & Byas joined us at the Toll
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d7.jpg

Tim having a blast in his 1967. He uses this car on a regular basis
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d8.jpg

The breakfast was sponsored by "Emerald Isle" owned by the Rodricks family. Excellent food and great ambience
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d9.jpg

Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-d10.jpg

Cheers

KPS

Beautiful collection of Vintage Cars as well as Motorcycles at once called "Garden City" of India.

Congratulation Guys for keeping the spirits of get-together alive and wish you all to have the event again in upcoming years.

I really like that number plate especially "MEN" on 1973 VW Super Beetle Convertible which were built at Karmman factory!

What lovely cars & pictures. hope you guys have many more events & vehicles in the future

Nick,
MEN is the old Mysore State/early Karnataka plate issued in '72. Car is a '71 model btw.

Other quick corrections on the VWs -- the other red convertible is Tim's '65 (not '67). Ian's offwhite bug MEV 5xxx is a '71 model as well. I'm not sure on the white GDA bug -- I think it is between '61-63.

Byas

Congratulations on starting the Bangalore Classic Drives! With the number of scenic locales around Bangalore, I'm sure that your drives will get longer and more enthusiasts/collector will join in. Way to go!

On a side note, did the Austin Devon belong to Doc at one point of time? I recall seeing a very similar car in a similar paint scheme in Doc's farm years ago.

Unbeknownst to me, i was riding through Koramangala when i happened across this gorgeous Buick RoadMaster parked on the side of the road with its hood open. Of all the things to see parked casually in Bangalore, i did not expect an immaculate Super Eight!

So i stopped to admire the beauty and turns out that it got overheated a bit and was cooling down. Chatted a bit with another gentleman who was with the owner about his enviable collection.

I would to love know when is the next classic car drive. It would be an absolute joy to gawk at these beauties.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbz180 (Post 3804009)
On a side note, did the Austin Devon belong to Doc at one point of time? I recall seeing a very similar car in a similar paint scheme in Doc's farm years ago.

That is very correct. This car was with Doc before he sold on the car

Austin A40 Sports (1951-53, only 4011 units produced)
Classics & Coffee - Bangalore Classic Car Drives-devon.jpg
Picture source : Facebook

Here is more information on this is a relatively rare model from Austin

Quote:

The Austin A40 Sports debuted at the 1949 London Motor Show[2] as a four-passenger, aluminium-bodied convertible version of the Austin A40 – carrying an Austin of England nameplate, bearing Austin's Flying A hood ornament, and designed and manufactured in conjunction with Jensen Motors.
Production of the A40 Sports, which was intended as a sporty touring car rather than a true sports car,[2] began in November 1950[3] for model year 1951. By the time production ended in 1953, about 4,011 [4] examples had been produced.
Source

Cheers

KPS

Nice going guys, have the drive every Sunday, and enjoy. Politics will come and go, people will join and leave, just keep the core purpose going, i.e. to drive. A bit later you could add bikes and other groups, classics, Beetles, Mercs etc.

The Austin A40 Sports was originally a Bandra car, I had seen it there. Then it moved to a collector and onward to Doc.

The Buick, is it a Super or a Roadmaster? Whatever the reply, it's a car which was doing the rounds before.

Two Beetle convertibles is nice, what is their history? Mumbai has about 7 convertible Beetles.

Raghu's MG is always nice to see. Just keep it up!

Cheers harit