Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2016, 22:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Thanks Karl! i'm also happy to note that the annual event has made a lot of owners to take interest in building cars to the next level.

Pics of the bikes have been shared. Please do have a look.

Tempting to drive down .. , knew the real a roads a smaller car is a must . Good turn out and great snaps
Old 24th October 2016, 08:23   #17
BHPian

Re: The 2016 CVC Heritage Motor Show, Cochin

Beautiful, aren't they?

Thanks for uploading.

I need a small help, folks? When I used to be very young there was a car at home. I only have a vague memory of it. It looked very similar to the one on the 27th photo, bearing Regd. no. KLT 437. When I jog my memory I recollect the front to be very similar and almost the same colour. One thing I don't find in the picture is that that old car had a Stop signal nestled in its B-Pillar. The signal used to be manually operated, something you see in the school buses.

Can anyone identify the car I describe?
Old 24th October 2016, 13:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
I need a small help, folks? When I used to be very young there was a car at home. I only have a vague memory of it. It looked very similar to the one on the 27th photo, bearing Regd. no. KLT 437. When I jog my memory I recollect the front to be very similar and almost the same colour.
The Car you are looking for may be an Austin 30 or 40 (I am sure Vintage Gurus can confirm what KLT 437 is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
One thing I don't find in the picture is that that old car had a Stop signal nestled in its B-Pillar. The signal used to be manually operated, something you see in the school buses.
Its not a stop signal to start with; they are the following;

Trafficators are semaphore signals which, when operated, protrude from the bodywork of a motor vehicle to indicate its intention to turn in the direction indicated by the pointing signal. Trafficators are often located at the door pillar. or B Pillar as they are referred to.

The car in question - they would have been Mechanically operated and definitely not hand operated as you seem to remember. Even if they are conked, there is no way to operate them manually (by hand) from inside a moving car (like you see in the stop signs on school buses in India)

Refer to this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trafficators

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 24th October 2016 at 13:09.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 04:35   #19
BHPian

Which one is this? The one with the misfit alloy and dirty spare wheel? Why no details about the car?

The 2016 CVC Heritage Motor Show, Cochin-img_20161025_043122.jpg
Old 25th October 2016, 17:51   #20
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraholic View Post
Which one is this? The one with the misfit alloy and dirty spare wheel? Why no details about the car?

Attachment 1570305
That is a wanna be Mercedes 540K, built on a Tata Estate Chassis (subject to correction). Since it is not original, no details have been given

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 09:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
The Car you are looking for may be an Austin 30 or 40
Thanks a lot.

I think this is the car I was thinking about. Austin 40. Of course, it was beige not black. Look at the contraption that I mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2016 CVC Heritage Motor Show, Cochin-austin-40.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks