Team-BHP - 6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/200285-6th-cartier-travel-style-concours-delegance-jaipur-february-2019-a.html)

With the season fast approaching, it is nearing time for the sixth edition of India's premier vintage and classic car event - the Cartier “Travel With Style” Concours d’Elegance comes to Jaipur's Rambagh Palace in February 2019.

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-11.jpg

A Press Release and some images have been issued (attached in this post), I am summarising some highlights below

Quote:

After 5 successful events spread across 10 years in Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad, this time the event comes to Jaipur, at the famed Rambagh palace, which should make for a spectacular setting. Dates have been announced as February 23-24 2019.

In keeping with Cartier’s commitment to promote and preserve Indian automotive heritage, only cars and motorcycles with Indian histories, or recent imports restored in India, will be eligible for entry. Owing to the 2019 event being the first ‘Travel with Style’ Concours being held in West India, entries from the region will be given preference. Only the finest examples in each class will be accepted. Rarity, history, condition and provenance will be taken into account when entries are being selected.

The class list for 2019 is as follows:
Automobiles:
Pre War Classics – up to and including 1945
Post War Classics – From 1946 up to and including 1965
Indian Heritage – Indian made or assembled from 1947 up to and including 1965
Preservation – up to and including 1965
Roadsters – from 1946 up to and including 1969
Pre War Transportation - up to and including 1945 (special class)

Motorcycles:
Veteran – Vintage - up to and including 1930
Pre War - from 1931 up to and including 1945
Post War - from 1946 up to and including 1969

E-mail id for entries: ctws2019@gmail.com
Last date for application submission: October 31st, 2018
If accepted, participants will be notified by an official letter from Cartier.
A 1914 Wolsley 30/40 HP by owner Mr Shivardhan Kanoria was awarded the coveted “Best of Show”, and the 1947 Indian Chief by owned by Mr Arjun Oberoi was awarded “Best of Show - Motorcycle” at the last edition of Cartier ‘Travel with Style’ Hyderabad in 2017.

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-best-show-car-1914-wolsley-30-40-hp.jpg

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-best-show-motorcycle-1947-indian-chief-owned-mr.-arjun-oberoi.jpg

Just 10 days to go for the event, this appeared in DNA, Jaipur edition.

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-20190213_094428.jpg

One week to go, hectic last minute preparations, stress levels at an all time high, it is time to wish all participants the very best for the show.:thumbs up

Cartier has raised the bar for cosmetic restorations , and we are not disappointed.

Lovely venue, exquisite cars, joined on the outside by enthusiasts driving from the South all the way to Jaipur, hope they too are given well deserved recognition for driving, rather than displaying trailer queens:D

Having a little time on my hands, I was going through previous Cartier Posts.

I wondered why this time around people are silent?

I soon had my answer. Those that post even mildly critical posts were not to be invited to exhibit or even attend as invitees.

A lovely thunderbird from Bombay , ( winner in its category, ) is en route, Maharani Gayatri Devi"s Buick convertible, a pebble beach Alvis, a cute Studebaker coupe are just some of the dozen exciting cars moving north from Bombay. :thumbs up

Looking forward to a report and pictures from many invitees, especially Karl.
Participants, good luck and all the best.

Kudos to all the restorers and those nameless mechanics in their workshops, for showcasing India"s best:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogji (Post 4547080)
A lovely thunderbird from Bombay ......

Will in all probability be joining the Jaipur Thunderbird

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-image1.jpg

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-image2.jpg

Cheers

KPS

Look forward to seeing at this Cartier, all the "Cars of the Raj" which took part in the 2018 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-09.jpg

Karl's excellent report of the Pebble Beach event is here for more details of the specific cars

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 4548716)

Attachment 1850872
Karl's excellent report of the Pebble Beach event is here for more details of the specific cars

Thank You so much for posting that picture KPS! Please do post some more!! I was eagerly waiting for this year's Concours d'Elegance, unfortunately couldn't make it since it clashed with my exams:(

Look forward to meeting fellow Team Bhpians at the Cartier’s show today.

Do PM your contact details

Cheers
Sat

Bombay restorers did the city proud. clap:

Hopefully someone will post the results, as well as pictures of this event in one of the nicest locations of all such shows.:)

Was looking forward to a detailed report with pics whats happening guys !

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 4551239)
Was looking forward to a detailed report with pics whats happening guys !

Karl, will do the honours ! Everyone is kind of fatigued right now. :)

This was my first exposure to a Gardner car. Reading up on this manufacturer, makes you appreciate the car even more

Quote:

Priced at $1,795 the 1928 Lycoming Straight 8-powered Model 85 Sport Roadster was a relatively expensive car. Standard equipment unusual for the day included dual side mounts, trunk rack, rear view mirror, automatic windshield wipers and hydraulic brakes. The Gardner also included a unique centralized lubrication system that oiled the front and rear shackles based on the up and down motion of the car. With a 'double drop' frame, it has a low center of gravity making for excellent handling.

Defying logic, Gardner offered 50 different color combinations, 25 different interiors, and the availability of any custom color upon request for 1928; an incredible feat considering it built 3,177 cars that year.

Source
This 1928 Model 85 Poadster is a recent import and quite an outstanding car.

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-image1.jpeg

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-image2.jpeg

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-image3.jpeg

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-image4.jpeg

6th Cartier 'Travel With Style' Concours d'Elegance - Jaipur, February 2019-image5.jpeg

The other car which was new to me was Ansaldo, but let is wait for Karl's detailed report for more!

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 4551587)
This was my first exposure to a Gardner car. Reading up on this manufacturer, makes you appreciate the car even more

This 1928 Model 85 Poadster is a recent import and quite an outstanding car.

Attachment 1852835

Attachment 1852836

Attachment 1852837

Attachment 1852838

Attachment 1852839

The other car which was new to me was Ansaldo, but let is wait for Karl's detailed report for more!

Cheers

KPS

Studebaker too offered a car in any colour as the buyer wanted, this was in the late 20s to early 30s to make all possible sales during the great depression, the cars were simply shipped from the factory in primer and the dealer painted them according to customer choice when he secured a sale.