Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2007, 12:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Vintage Car / Bike Show. Chennai Jan 7th 2007

Hi team,

Yesterday, Chennai hosted a vintage car n bike rally at Besant Nagar beach, Chennai.

Sat nite : nitrous, headers and myself decide to go and check it out.

Sunday, Jan 7th:

Day started for me very very early!!! 6.30 am... i usually am asleep till 10 am... lazy sunday mornin types u know LOL....

anyways nitrous picked me up and we drove to header's place which is around 20 mins away (considering sunday mornin traffic)....

Parked nitrous's car outside the apartment and headed to Besant nagar beach via Marina in headers' 4X4 Jeep... beautiful drive i must say... driving along the beach in a convertible tank (seriously) was really cool and relaxing...

we reached the venue and there was a band playin... more like a marriage band... would have preferred something more melodious though...

Islero was a plesant surprise at the venue...

headers' jeep gang assembled just as the vintages were being lined up.... i guess they are called jeepers creepers or somethin...

there were also some old bikes like triumph, BSA, matchless etc...

highlight of the day were the SBK's... lotsa honda's and R1's... there was an '06 R6, MV Augusta, Repsol Honda, 2 RD's and some very loud bullets....

The SBK's made a grand entry.... all revv happy and attracting drones of people instantly from the vintages.... LOL..... the sound was way too addictive and orgasmic..... LOL!!!

we wound up at 1030 hrs after the SBK's sprinted on the besant nagar beach road twice... much to the enjoyment of the public...

P.S. the beach road was cordoned off by the police.... (not entirely though....)

pics are in the next post... hope you all like 'em as much as I did clickin them... Enjoy!!!
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2007, 12:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is a CJ-5... my favorite Jeep... She is American and has lovely curves and nice rubber... LOL...

The CJ-5 alongside a Mahindra Classic...

A chevy vintage... unusual purple color...

The Morris Family... Sisters i guess... Both colors were beautiful and i couldn't make up my mind which was better....

The Austins....

The Citroen...

Fiat...

Continued...
Old 8th January 2007, 12:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Continued with more pics...

The Chevy Impala...

From L-R :

Headers, Nitrous, the owner of the CJ-5 and his buddy who also owns a jeep... Sorry i can't recollect the names... and Islero....

The Paratrooper's Bike... It still runs... Standing next to another vintage.

A nice red Convertible...

An MG Convertible... with Islero posing next to it...

The Triuphm TR-3...

Contd...

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th January 2007 at 13:07.
Old 8th January 2007, 13:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Another Vintage Chevy...

And now... The most awaited... the SBK's....

The 2006 Yamaha R6....

One Gleaming Blue Immaculately maintained Vintage.... had been restored beautifully and had lovely leather seats, wooden running boards, carpets, etc...

The ZR-12R....

And thats me next to the 2 beauties.... hopefully i shall own an SBK someday...

The MV Augusta and the R6....

An old VW... Oops.. I forgot the model name...

Now for some more fun.... We hopped into Header's Jeep and went skimming on the sand... was awesome !!!

Nitrous at the wheel...

Well i have some videos of the SBK's doing a few runs on the beach... will post them soon...

Hope you all enjoyed...

The event had a very good turnout and was surprising as we were expecting only a handful of auto enthusiasts....

P.S. Dear Mod's.... this event was covered by the media. Thats why I havent blanked out the regn nos of the vehicles... Hope this is posted in the appropriate section. Thnx.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th January 2007 at 13:11.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2007, 16:01   #6
BHPian

cant believe i didnt get to know about the event....especially when there were RD's and SBK's on show

aditya, could you get the best video of the lot on youtube ? i guess its a lot easier to access than rapidshare

-J-
Old 8th January 2007, 16:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
aditya, could you get the best video of the lot on Youtube ? i guess its a lot easier to access than rapidshare

-J-
IMO the best one is the R6 burnout... will post it ASAP.
Old 8th January 2007, 17:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

ok here goes... the 3 best video's IMO...

R6 Burn Out :

The SBK Lline up :

The Sprint :

Hope y'all like 'em.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2007, 18:54   #9
BHPian

cool man !

thnx a ton....gave me a feel of being there !

but do remember to buzz me the next time you hear of somethin like this....

@trooper : hope u enjoyed the event, pal

cheers,

J
Old 8th January 2007, 23:16   #10
BHPian

Hey Aditya,

Out of curosity - were any of show cars for sale. I know that here in the US - at most classic car concourse's they owners like to show of their beauties but also offer the models for sale and sometimes use the concourse to assess the cars value? Does the sam count for India cause the MG and Triumph are looking mighty nice. Thanks.

vcash
Old 8th January 2007, 23:18   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
headers' jeep gang assembled just as the vintages were being lined up.... i guess they are called jeepers creepers or somethin...

there were also some old bikes like triumph, BSA, matchless etc...

highlight of the day were the SBK's... lotsa honda's and R1's... there was an '06 R6, MV Augusta, Repsol Honda, 2 RD's and some very loud bullets....

The SBK's made a grand entry.... all revv happy and attracting drones of people instantly from the vintages.... LOL..... the sound was way too addictive and orgasmic..... LOL!!!

we wound up at 1030 hrs after the SBK's sprinted on the besant nagar beach road twice... much to the enjoyment of the public...
the Jeep Club's called Jeep Thrills...not jeepers or creepers.

its nice to know that there were 'some' BSAs and 'some' triumphs. the whole point of a vintage show was so that people see and admire these carefully preserved/restored beauties, maybe appreciate them and know a bit about them.

it was a pity to see the glory taken away from the oldies in one fell swoop, the moment a more modern and expensive machine fired up. the one day that these vintages could shine in pride, they sure wouldnt have gone back home feeling on top of the world.

@n_aditya, good of u to upload the pics so patiently man.

@slipstream: yeah man, i sure did.

the_trooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2007, 10:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

[quote=the_trooper;350967]the Jeep Club's called Jeep Thrills...not jeepers or creepers.

Oops... My bad... Apologies...

P.S. Vcash, Generally these vintages are not up for sale IMO.... at least at shows... maybe someone can throw more light on this.
Old 9th January 2007, 13:38   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

very nice...wish i was there...some real rarities popped up eh?

Im trying to hunt down a 50s standard 10 that was at the show...MDU 6070 (am i right?) can anyone help me out? or can u guys put me in touch with the organisers?

cheers
karl
Old 9th January 2007, 14:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

there is an old standard 10 parked outside my colony, rusting. we could just tow it off.
Old 14th January 2007, 13:04   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This is a CJ-5... my favorite Jeep... She is American and has lovely curves and nice rubber... LOL...

Hey I know of a similar jeep here at hyd......check out my pics. of it in the hyderabad collection thread.......it happens to be a RHD jus like this one as it'd been sent as a sample for the Indian Army, who eventually rejected it & was finally auctioned off at Delhi..........I thot it was only 1 of its kind in India until I saw this.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks