Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2018, 10:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vintage & Classic Car Online Auction : Nov 20-21, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
everyone is a first time buyer sometime, including big name collectors worldwide, I don't mind the lesser cars fetching a high price, it then justifies making the effort to restore them, as for the Silver Wraith at nearly 2 crores, there are plenty of better options one can import at that price point. and legally too... time to hoard up and mothball cheap early Maruti Zens, Gypsys and Honda City Vtechs...
Talking of better options,there is a pre-50 RR for sale in South India below 1 crore.It is with a collector turned restorer
. As for the lesser cars fetching higher prices, the acquisition cost of the Mark1 ambassador at 7.5 lakhs definitely looks irrational since there are lots of near concourse Mark1 cars available at better rates.It may also be noted that the 69 beetle with an ambitious starting bid did not get sold
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 15:24   #17
BHPian

Re: Vintage & Classic Car Online Auction : Nov 20-21, 2018

Tweety bird tells me that the Delhi auction scheduled for Feb 2019 has already seen a dozen cars promised.

No cars as yet from Bombay, many from the North, some from the south.

I wonder if the Rolls mentioned in an earlier post, ( pre 1950 for less than a crore) will be offered?

It would be interesting to see what it would fetch.
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed