Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2007, 12:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
on my last trip to hyderabad i did see a few his bikes...he goes by the name norton singh! while i dont know the exact figure, he does have a ridiculous number of bikes...
Actually, the guy I know is Poppy Singh or sumthing...hez named his son Norton Singh!
U can see the kid sitting on one of the Nortons in my pics...
Old 29th January 2007, 14:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
@stanher: I tried calling you when i was in town on friday. The line wasnt clear and we couldnt hear each.

Heard about the vintage rally but was busy running around, so couldnt make it. btw, did u get a snap of the Jawa 350 that came for the show. He managed to pass me on his way back home ( i guess) and was doing good speeds. That bikes wail never fails to bring about goose pimples.
Oh yea I think it was u who called me at arnd 11 tat day wen I was at the event....sorry cudnt direct u to the event!
I think I did see a jawa ther but no pics...thing is my head was turned more towards the cars rather than the bikes!
I know of this lambretta 'D' model (50s) tat'd come for the tourism day rally last yr......'wish it had turnd up this time too! :(
Old 24th March 2007, 16:11   #18
BHPian

I was there too at the rally. Hyderabad has the largest collection of vintage motorcycles in India. The same cannot be said of the quality of restoration. The new club is a small bunch of enthusiastic members trying to build a club.
Old 26th March 2007, 11:45   #19
BHPian

pupy singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
A friend of mine who took part in this rally was telling my about a Mr. Singh who apparently owns 180 vintage bikes....any idea if this is true
His name is Puppy Singh and every time you meet him he claims that his colection has gone up by 10 more bikes. I have seen all his bikes and none of the are running. They claim frames to be complete bikes/mudguards/engines and petrol tanks are considered as bikes. He has Jawa's/Vespas all kind of junk. There are other real genuine entusiasts in Hyd who own big collections in pristine condition

Most Viewed