Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2007, 15:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
couldnt resist postin these pics from last times event though...

Im told flag off is from Flora Fountain...
Thanks man, didnt know you had a snap of my Impala. will now download and save it.
Old 1st February 2007, 21:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

I will be entering my 1956 Mercedes 180D..hope to see other BHP ians there..
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:44   #18
BHPian

Hey Guys Il be there too let me know where you guys are going to meet up at the Venue. No Vintage rides here just another Car and Bike Freak.

Scooby: Nice ride I like your Impala. very Well kept.
Old 4th February 2007, 15:42   #19
Team-BHP Support

Sir the pics are toooooooo big is it possible to post thumbnails or reduced to 800X600 atleast.

Thanks a lot.
Old 4th February 2007, 16:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful, wonderful pictures sir!! Thank you so much some of them are god-damn gorgeous!! Lovely, lovely gathering wish I could've been there!

P.S. We all know who the Impala & Rolls belong to but wanted to point out that the LR Defender belongs to a fellow member by the id xtreme power!

Last edited by iraghava : 4th February 2007 at 16:34.
Old 4th February 2007, 17:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
wanted to point out that the LR Defender belongs to a fellow member by the id xtreme power!
Are u sure IRags?! Coz what I was told, was that it belongs to a Newspaper baron and I know for sure, his love for land rovers, (think hes got more than 5or 6 that i know of) in addition to all other suvs in his collection. He took part in the Rally too in his other car. And this LRs a diesel, i was there when some one started the brute and took off ( a driver or a mechanic I presume).. Awesome would love to have one like that....with the lara croft look and a V-8, preferably ( also wish my pop owned a petrol pump)
Old 4th February 2007, 17:34   #22
BANNED

[quote=V-16;367758]Are u sure IRags?! /QUOTE]

Hey Gogi,

He is right. Allan aka Xtreme Power owns it. Its a beauty he had got it for the last Alibaug Tbhp meet.

Viper
Old 4th February 2007, 17:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Man loved the colour...Purple and silver...mean combi
Im trying with the thumbnail feature, thanks to Gordon whos helped me do some copy pasting thingy...lets hope this works, if not ...not a word from anyone of you regarding thumbnails...
Thanks Gordy it works...chercked it in trhe preview..
Mods please delete the LARGER pics of these thumb nails..thanx

OK guys I bring you some pics of the VCCCI Vintage and classic car fiesta thru my lens.
P.S. left the regd nos unsmudged as the names were boldly put up on placards on the cars: Enjoy; Part-I

1948 Lincoln Continental V-12 and Mercedes 500K owned by the same person. P.S. Note the yellow Skoda next to the Lincoln in the 1st pic

A rare Dodge Deluxe Coupe owned by a dear friend. Front-Rear-In-dash Note the Yellow Skoda parked on its left Ishaan this Dodge is owned by the same guy that owns the cars u want so so much

[B]@ Iraghava-This is Him chatting awayto glory on the cell. Now that u know what he looks like, approach him for one of his Chargers, and be prepared to outrun an army or dogs. LOL(Rottwieler, Dobberman, Pittbull Terrier, German Shepard to name a few)[/b]

This Humbers his too

Another Dodge Coupe, a late 30's Convertible, also, another friends car

Notice the rear rumble seat notorious for being called the mother in law seat

Note an Italian 1100 Delite Fiat ahead of the Dodge Coupe and in front of the Fiat is the Red Packard all lined up at a control point at Bandra Reclaimation

...More Follow>>>>>

---------------------------------------------------

Part-II

A 1948 Healey Westland and its beautiful Dash

A 1947 Oldsmobile, The Car from Lage Raho Munnabhai. Note the Rolls Silver Shadow parked on its right

The Lovely 1958 Chevrolet Belair owned by a dear friend

Note the White VW Karmann Ghia on its right, just behind the guy taking pics. Never mind the man giving directions..
Old 4th February 2007, 17:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks again Gordy

A unique 1939 Volkaswagen Tempo Army vehicle

Note the double bench seats, the telescope and the stepneys on either side.

No marks for guessing which Team Mate owns this majestic Seraph and beautiful 59 Impala...With Your Permission Sir

Very Clean Mercedes 180D note the beautiful lines

A huge posse of Buicks were present in all sizes and years, here are some of them; In the 1st pic note the red Packard open top Tourer on its right

One can spot a 1947 Buick Eight Super just behind my Hekflosse. Also note the Daimler behind the Buick

Old 4th February 2007, 18:39   #25
Team-BHP Support

Wonderful pics V-16. absolutely wonderful. took sometime but wait was worth it.

I left the page to load and just came back now to see all the pics. :-).
Old 4th February 2007, 19:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

On behalf of V-16

The third post was pending, here it is.

OOps just realised that should've used the thumb nail option as the screen is being split into frames... sorry mods, can that be done at ur end???
Could'nt help but post three times as max images allowed per post are 20, so had to split em in three posts!!

A Chevy Special Deluxe Open Top and in the background note the Silver & Black Bentley Convertible, next to it a Cream & Black Rolls Royce and behind the Chevy, A red 47 Chrysler Windsor. This was a seven seater limousine

A 1936 Adler Trump owned by another dear friend. This was superbly ground up restored from pieces literally. Note his Ford A right behind the Adler

A Beautiful Chrysler Newyorker Convertible

A Robust LAnd Rover 110 Defender not a part of the Rally. Note a Yellow Morris next to it which participated in the rally

Feroze (KRRISH) Uncle being a sport and posing with his lovely ''DUKKAR" Fiat

Yours Truly with My 1967 Mercedes 200 Heckflosse/Fintail. Note the Daimlers gone and the Chevy Deluxe has taken its place

TRAGEDY BECAME!!
Did'nt participate in the rally coz the car was not going to be ready so decided to just go there and cheer up a few participating friends and in turn ended up driving with them for fun and LO! ny fintails behaving herself so decided to see till when she actually behaved and was surprised to run her for the full leg to and fro of the rally and she never let me down. Wow! on second thoughts i could've participated.... Hope u guys enjoyed the pics!!
Old 4th February 2007, 19:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mate. Really appreciate it
Old 4th February 2007, 20:33   #28
BHPian

Early arrivals at Flora Fountain..the first car to arrive was a Black Fiat.(sorry do not have the pic of that car).

Arrival of the Humber.

Jag..

Spitfire..

Yellow Skoda.

Morris Minors, Guys did you hear the exhaust of the red Morris Minor.

Now the Two Wheelers..

Thats all i have folks..Cheers Ed..

Last edited by egangsta : 4th February 2007 at 20:38.
Old 4th February 2007, 21:16   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, Awesome! Is all I can say!! U've covered it really well V-16, forget bout the size of the images....:-)
Am rather astonished to notice tat the 1939 VW army vehicle is from hyd.! I wonder if the owners live in bbay or drove down from hyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
No marks for guessing which Team Mate owns this majestic Seraph and beautiful 59 Impala...With Your Permission Sir
Uh, sorry if I sound picky mate (I know u've gone thru enuff w/ the thumbnail issue!) but for a moment wen I read this I expected to find a genuine 59 impala (wich happen to be quite rare, even in the US), known for its 'cateye' tail-lamps:

chevy59.com--Mark's `59

.....until the image was shown & actually turned out to be Mr.scooby's 61 impala.....!

And btw uh, Feroze Mehta's fiat aint the 'dukkar', those wer the 50s models w/out the tail-fins....:-)

Oh, yea sorry forgot- U got nice pics. too Ed!

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th February 2007 at 22:18. Reason: Max 2 emoticons per post please
Old 4th February 2007, 22:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics V-16, Egangsta,

Really helps people like me who couldnt make it for the rally.

btw there seem to be a lot of cars there...does anyone have a number?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks