Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2007, 22:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Great coverage of the rally V-16 (your W110 looks great!) and egangsta! Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by sajo : 4th February 2007 at 22:15.
Old 4th February 2007, 22:23   #32
Team-BHP Support

Greaat pics V-16 and egangsta!

(V-16 im glad u posted full size images first because i got to save them all easily ...thanks for helping him post thumbs Gordon.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
And this LRs a diesel, i was there when some one started the brute and took off ( a driver or a mechanic I presume)..
Was he inappropriately dressed in a ganji like this fellow link

cya
R
Old 5th February 2007, 00:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, Awesome! Is all I can say!! U've covered it really well V-16, forget bout the size of the images....:-)
Am rather astonished to notice tat the 1939 VW army vehicle is from hyd.! I wonder if the owners live in bbay or drove down from hyd...

Uh, sorry if I sound picky mate (I know u've gone thru enuff w/ the thumbnail issue!) but for a moment wen I read this I expected to find a genuine 59 impala (wich happen to be quite rare, even in the US), known for its 'cateye' tail-lamps:

chevy59.com--Mark's `59

.....until the image was shown & actually turned out to be Mr.scooby's 61 impala.....!

Im sorry i must be loosing it how could i make such a mistake, it is indeed a 61 and not the ''Cat's eyes" 59. Thanks for bringing it to my notice....how did i post 59??/
and the Vw tempo is owned by a Maharashtrain gentleman whom I met for the first time today.

And btw uh, Feroze Mehta's fiat aint the 'dukkar', those wer the 50s models w/out the tail-fins....:-)

Oh, yea sorry forgot- U got nice pics. too Ed!
Thats absolutely right. I could've sworn it was a dukkar. but the front gives it away and anyways i will post a pic of the 180D which clearly shows the non fin tailes rear. I stand corrcted and many thanks for it bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Awesome pics V-16, Egangsta,

Really helps people like me who couldnt make it for the rally.

btw there seem to be a lot of cars there...does anyone have a number?
There were 124 entries inclusing the bikes

Last edited by V-16 : 5th February 2007 at 00:23.
Old 5th February 2007, 01:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

More PIcs...THE FINAL EPISODE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I will be entering my 1956 Mercedes 180D..hope to see other BHP ians there..
Mole, Buddy, Is this your ponton 180D? If it is, congrats! Its a great looking car, loved the foggers...amazing.
Amazing Pics Egangsta Buddy. And look everybody I have used the THUMBNAIL OPTION ...No offence meant, none taken so guys chill, I was just kiddin.

SOME MORE PICS OF THE RALLY

The 180 ponton's Amazing Pristine Interior

The VW Tempo. This vehicle really caught my fancy

The Giveaway non round back of the non fintail 50's fiat note its rear to the left of the ponton as correctly pointed out by Stanher

The rear of the open tourer Buick

And yet another Buick Sedan Rear

Another look at the The Dodge Coupe'sFront and Rear

Another pic of the Belair

The Ever Smiling Hormuzdji Cama behind the wheel of his Superb Rolls. He has a fleet of Fantastically maintained and restored cars and is the only person I know of that drives a different one of his classics and vintages to work EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Old 5th February 2007, 10:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:

The Giveaway non round back of the non fintail 50's fiat note its rear to the left of the ponton as correctly pointed out by Stanher

V-16, the fiat your talking about in the pic left of the ponton, if am not mistaken was driven by Karl as i saw him arrive in that car and it was parked next to the ponton.there was another fiat parked to the right of the ponton was a 'Dukkar' Fiat and was the first car to arrive early in the morning.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:37   #36
Team-BHP Support

Was a great turn out of cars! Some rare example (500K!!) made it here! My ride for the event was this beautifully maintained 1968 Mercedes 250C. Man, this thing flies, and is ultra smooth as well. And everything works as it should, even the 4th pedal which operates the windscreen washer!

Old 5th February 2007, 10:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Was a great turn out of cars! Some rare example (500K!!) made it here! My ride for the event was this beautifully maintained 1968 Mercedes 250C. Man, this thing flies, and is ultra smooth as well. And everything works as it should, even the 4th pedal which operates the windscreen washer!
WOW!! thts a really beautiful merc. the only thing i dont like about it are the tints...other than that it looks like it just rolled out of the showroom....iv noticed that most of the cars here are in excellent condition....

if youve taken more pics at the rally pls post them....im dying to see more...

Last edited by khanak : 5th February 2007 at 10:51.
Old 5th February 2007, 10:51   #38
BHPian

V-16 here is the pic of the 'Dukkar' Fiat parked on the right hand side of the Merc,sorry about the pic quality,taken from a phone cam..

Cheers Ed..
Old 5th February 2007, 10:54   #39
BHPian

amazing Pics V-16 and Egangsta, wish i could get up early, and see them in real anyways thank you very much for posting the pics.

DAMMmmm the 11.20 Show at INOX - By the way out of the TOPIC.
Old 5th February 2007, 14:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

V16 and Gordon---Very Good coverage Bosses.
Keep up the Good show. Tbhp should have been there in bigger nos.
Old 5th February 2007, 20:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

[quote=V-16;367951]Mole, Buddy, Is this your ponton 180D? If it is, congrats! Its a great looking car, loved the foggers...amazing.
Amazing Pics Egangsta Buddy. And look everybody I have used the THUMBNAIL OPTION ...No offence meant, none taken so guys chill, I was just kiddin.

yup V-16 thats my car...glad you liked it..thank you guys for the lovely pics of my car..we used to have a heckleflosse just like urs when i was a kid....would love to line up my ponton with your heckleflosse for a pic..
Old 5th February 2007, 21:26   #42
Team-BHP Support

Nice one Amol. She looks great. Sad, I couldn't come yesterday.
I see you've managed to get the old Bombay number for your baby.
Old 5th February 2007, 21:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

[quote=the mole;368445]
Quote:
yup V-16 thats my car...glad you liked it..thank you guys for the lovely pics of my car..we used to have a heckleflosse just like urs when i was a kid....would love to line up my ponton with your heckleflosse for a pic..
Anytime u want mole, anytime. Am negotiating for another one as a parts car.. lets hope i get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
V-16 here is the pic of the 'Dukkar' Fiat parked on the right hand side of the Merc,sorry about the pic quality,taken from a phone cam..

Cheers Ed..
Thanks Mate for this, I was wondering how I made a mistake in recognising a Dukkar and the other one ...at least now i know im not loosing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
V-16, the fiat your talking about in the pic left of the ponton, if am not mistaken was driven by Karl as i saw him arrive in that car and it was parked next to the ponton.there was another fiat parked to the right of the ponton was a 'Dukkar' Fiat and was the first car to arrive early in the morning.
Ohmigosh!! I did'nt realise that, that was Karl. There was another 1100D, a dark Grey one LHD, who was driving that one?

Last edited by V-16 : 5th February 2007 at 21:55.
Old 5th February 2007, 23:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

thanks aditya you were one of the first to ride the car....maybe we should have our own team bhp vintage & classic get-together what say folks..yup i got the original number restored..
Old 6th February 2007, 10:35   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

phew, finally back in pune after an exhaustive rally...unbeliveable cars this time....a genuine 500K merc on top of my list, followed closely by that gorgeous alvis...i wish i had more time for better photos, the venue was just too crowded...anyways, will post them soon.

i was driving Pheroze "krisshh" mehtas 63 Fiat 1100, MRX 9000, got lost after 2 turns...i gotta learn bombay city! The other interesting Fiat was Rony VEsunas 64 1100D, just sold to Irfan mogul...the condition of the car is astounding...even the underside is clearcoated and shines like every other part...its a LHD 1200cc...

V16, missed meeting you! Edward, Amol and others that i met for a short while, my apologies...im never fully focused at a vintage car event, so always running around...

Can u PM me more about reverting to the original number on the ponton merc? im a HUGE numberplate enthusiast...

Cheers
Karl

Most Viewed