Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2007, 13:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

The snap of the Impala

Last edited by Rtech : 6th February 2007 at 14:30.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:43   #47
BANNED

Sigh...Scooby, I'm very, very jealous.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Sigh...Scooby, I'm very, very jealous.
Thanks, but Why were Tbhpians not there in bigger nos.?? only met Rtech and V16
started the thread, hoping more will get enthused.
Youll missed some Superb cars that were seen for the First time.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:59   #49
BANNED

Very sorry sir. Had a prior commitment which could not be avoided. I'm feeling quite bad now seeing all the pics.
Old 6th February 2007, 14:59   #50
Team-BHP Support

It may have something to do with the 7.30am Sunday morning time But still you're right, would expect more people to turn up considering this is an enthusiasts site!
Old 6th February 2007, 15:12   #51
BHPian

Scooby, was the new shape yellow beetle parked ahead of the Impala yours ???
Old 6th February 2007, 15:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

Damn Scooby the Impala looks really beautiful I really wanted to attend but shame I'm stuck here at work

P.S. Any tips on how I can steal it? (J/K)
Old 6th February 2007, 15:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Scooby, was the new shape yellow beetle parked ahead of the Impala yours ???
Was Mine, Now belongs to my elder daughter!
Old 6th February 2007, 15:56   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

heres a few of mine, since most have been covered these are just a few of my favs...

1934 Alvis Speed 25 of Vijay mallya...breathtaking and my pick of the show...

1934 Avon SS of George Soans. A fascinating restoration is documented here

10/12 Avon Restoration Progress

Assortment of british iron...

lineup of cars at the Kala ghoda

1947 Chrysler New Yoker long wheelbase...note the ghastly paintjob, bumpers and everything! the car had an ugly ac fitted as well, and incorrect switches on the dash, wrong front trim and badges...and won a prize! im shocked...

1947 Citroen traction. Fabulous condtion.

1936 Daimler. Needed some work, and i think its a double six, looking at the size...

1939 Dodge Roadster...i found it rather ungainly, though brilliant restoration...

1985 Ferrari Mondian QV...atleast thats wat the entry says...one of two ferraris at the event.

a neat 55 Dukkar...

Feroze Mehta at his best with his 63 fiat whch i drove for the rally...

Fantastic Westland Healey...had seen this car before restoration, u wont believe the work gone into it...

1947 indian Chief

1948 Lincoln V 12 continental

72 maserati of vijay Mallya

1934 Mercedes 500 k

Old 6th February 2007, 22:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Great Pics Karl. A few points, I think thee Ferrari guys meant "MONDIAL"
Was that limo a Ney Yorker or a Windsor?
and the correct no of entries is 124 cars and 50 Bikes....not 124 including bikes as i had earlier mentioned! WOW!! i think it was afirst of sorts.
The best restored prize went to the Jaguar SS and the Second best went to the 39 Dodge roadster, Even I cant make out what (why and who) went into the judging.
Old 7th February 2007, 09:56   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great Pics Karl. A few points, I think thee Ferrari guys meant "MONDIAL"
Was that limo a Ney Yorker or a Windsor?
and the correct no of entries is 124 cars and 50 Bikes....not 124 including bikes as i had earlier mentioned! WOW!! i think it was afirst of sorts.
The best restored prize went to the Jaguar SS and the Second best went to the 39 Dodge roadster, Even I cant make out what (why and who) went into the judging.

yeah, like i said, the ferrari was entered with that name so i couldnt resist...
the long wheelbase chrysler was a new yorker with a windsor badge...i didnt see the engine so i dunno if it still has the original 8 cyl...

terrific number of entries no doubt...wish the venue could take the crowds better...

The jag u speak of was the silver and metallic orange one? I dont belive it...while i didnt get a close look at it, awarding a prize to a car in such wrong colours just isnt on...! it wasnt even an SS to begin with...sigh...lights, mirrors and tyres are wrong too...

did the merc, alvis get anythin?

Last edited by karlosdeville : 7th February 2007 at 10:00.
Old 7th February 2007, 11:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Karl

That Ferrari Mondial was in horrible shape some time back. Looks like someone has given it a new leash of life. Looks quite fine now
Old 7th February 2007, 11:39   #58
Team-BHP Support

The mondial made it to the Juhu regroup, but unfortunately it never made it out again! The ol' italian gremlins at their best it would seem.
Old 7th February 2007, 13:42   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
the long wheelbase chrysler was a new yorker with a windsor badge...i didnt see the engine so i dunno if it still has the original 8 cyl...

terrific number of entries no doubt...wish the venue could take the crowds better...

The jag u speak of was the silver and metallic orange one? I dont belive it...while i didnt get a close look at it, awarding a prize to a car in such wrong colours just isnt on...! it wasnt even an SS to begin with...sigh...lights, mirrors and tyres are wrong too...

did the merc, alvis get anythin?

There was a long wheel base windsor featured in the movie HUM which was available for shoots for movies. I dunno if it is the same car, was rotting away in Goregaon for quite a while along with several buicks (the open top tourer in 1942 A LOVE STORY) and the mustang (Adalat and many of Amitabh's movies and some recent other films where the top was unceremoniously chopped off. This is the one at team motor works at juhu i think and hes buggered it up more)

The Healey and the 500K both won the concours de elegance (well desereved, especially since on about 64 odd healey westlands were ever made)

And even im confused as to what the Jag actually was? Not deserving the First prize at least. The Adler was much better restored....but what can we say.....!!! I likes the 11ood and I think its about time one started collecting these too as soon none will be available.
Old 7th February 2007, 15:23   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

My mistake, after much analysis, the 47 chysler is indeed a windsor...dunno why, but it looked too long up front to be a windsor...usually longwheelbase windsors appear stub nosed compared to a similar new yorker...

the healey and 500K were indeed outstanding...i had seen the healey before restorartion, it was JUNK! commendable indeed...especially since its an aluminium alloy body, very delicate...

i had seen the adler taking shape in pune circa 2000, over a period of a few months...fantastic to watch the whole car being restored, and enjoyed the innumerable trials we took once the car was together....it has a very quaint gearbox mounted ahead of the engine, and gear pattern in a line...front wheel drive...but i much preffered the original white paint scheme...this is just too...er...filmy, just like the jag...to each his own i suppose...

that particular 1100D is a lefthand drive, one owner till the late 90s...current owner bought it a month back...the car is MINT! u need to see it upclose to appreciate it...even the underside is clearcoated to exacting standards...taillights have the correct italian markings...no taxi stuff here!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks