Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 03:19   #166
Senior - BHPian

maximum a lac and a half. i have not bothered to ask as i just bought a new car and have my hands full with three more that i have to buy. have to complete restoration on many of the cars.
Old 10th October 2007, 03:22   #167
Senior - BHPian

^^Thanks

Iv always wanted one of those big American cars of the late 50s....A Lakh and a half sounds not too bad.
Old 10th October 2007, 03:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

khanak the cars do need work. so you can add to the purchase amount. have added my new car pictures onto my gallery.
Old 10th October 2007, 09:07   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
no stanher i meant DODGE. here you can see it on the car.
Oops! Sorry speedy.....but I thought the Cranbrook name was used only for Plymouths?
Old 10th October 2007, 09:46   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with Stanher...I too thought the Cranbrook was only offered by Plymouth...the equivalent Dodge of the time was probably the Kingsway.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:31   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Oops! Sorry speedy.....but I thought the Cranbrook name was used only for Plymouths?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I agree with Stanher...I too thought the Cranbrook was only offered by Plymouth...the equivalent Dodge of the time was probably the Kingsway.
i thought so too till i saw pictures of this car. maybe dodge badged the car a cranbrook for other markets. all search results point to the plymouth cranbrook and not dodge cranbrook.
Old 10th October 2007, 13:25   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Hey fellas, spotted these classics over the last few days. Im very illiterate as far as classics are concerned. But they were beautiful.
P.S: Mods, please move this into an appropriate thread, did'nt know where to post it.

X
Buddy nosing around Dadar what. These are owned by my friend. The blue and white is a 1952 Dodge Special and the red is a also a 46 Dodge. How did you miss the Westminister standing on the other side
Old 10th October 2007, 15:57   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Heres the 46 Dodge at the 2006 Bombay rally. She seems quite nice to me.

Old 10th October 2007, 18:53   #174
Senior - BHPian

Yes the blue one is a Dodge Kingsway sedan and not a Cranbrook. Dodge never made a Cranbrook and only Plymouth came as a CranbrookThe guy is looking to sell these.. and fast. Any offer above 1.75 for the Blue dodge is acceptable but if one really wants it i could ask for 1.5-1.6 though i doubt it a lot. The red one is not for sale as yet as the papers have not arrived. Last he wanted for it was 4.5 lakhs which is absurd. He also wanted 2.75 for the kingsway but i think time has taught him not to be so unreasonable. The car will go in a few days so anyone interested, do let me know fast.
Old 10th October 2007, 19:00   #175
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the info but the mail sent to me was dodge cranbrook, and on my telling the guy it is wrong. he still insisted so i said maybe it is. the guy knows better.
have the pictures of all three cars. i asked my brother to talk to scooby uncle as he had mentioned on one of the posts for the westminister.
Old 10th October 2007, 21:31   #176
Senior - BHPian

i have seen these cars....they have potential but at this price??? i am not sure...they look roadworthy but there is tons work...but nice cars...especially the austin westminister she has grace...but if the owner leaves them out in the elements for any longer than only the bhangar wala will be intrested....
Old 11th October 2007, 10:11   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing with my Madras pics.....a 20s Baby Austin owned by an elderly garage owner...this car had also participated in the show at DB school Egmore a few months ago if I'm not mistaken...the regn. no. is Guntoor, AP though.....there were 2 more (junked) behind this car.
Note: pic. taken with permission hence not blanking out the regn.

Old 11th October 2007, 10:35   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Continuing with my Madras pics.....a 20s Baby Austin owned by an elderly garage owner...this car had also participated in the show at DB school Egmore a few months ago if I'm not mistaken...the regn. no. is Guntoor, AP though.....there were 2 more (junked) behind this car.
Note: pic. taken with permission hence not blanking out the regn.
theres no hope of those two getting restored, is there?
Old 11th October 2007, 10:46   #179
Senior - BHPian

hey nice finds stanher. the kingway and this baby austin look real nice. the other two austins one of which you can see in the picture is also a convertible and looks restorable to me. does the owner plan to restore it or use them as a donor car.
there are two baby austins convertibles here in delhi being restored.
Old 11th October 2007, 10:56   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
hey nice finds stanher. the kingway and this baby austin look real nice. the other two austins one of which you can see in the picture is also a convertible and looks restorable to me. does the owner plan to restore it or use them as a donor car.
there are two baby austins convertibles here in delhi being restored.
Speedy & AMATMO, the garage folks said the one just behind this one is to be restored.....the 3rd one behind that looked junked beyond restoration....but we can never say....who knows!
Those 2 look like ideal candidates for a 'modified vintage' as discussed in that thread.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks