Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 18:15   #1786
BHPian

Re: Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Anyone can throw some light on how valuable this Pillarless Impala is.....?

LHD Automatic, done genuine 21,000 miles on the odo.

Car is picked up by my friend yesterday.
2 Beetles also visible in the pictures.. Where is this?
Old 24th December 2012, 18:26   #1787
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
2 Beetles also visible in the pictures.. Where is this?
Both the Beetle's were at Kerala, Now at Bangalore, along with the Impala
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 23:09   #1788
Distinguished - BHPian

A 1972 Premier President that I spotted in Kolkata a few days ago. The car, as will be evident is not very original.
The paintwork (Bayers Blue) is from the late 1980's or early 1990's, when the car must have been much cared for by its owner. Maruti 800's, Omnis and Premier Padminis were quite popular in this colour shade during the late 1980's and early 1990's..

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-dsc00201.jpg

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-dsc00202.jpg

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-dsc00203.jpg

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-dsc00204.jpg

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-dsc00205.jpg

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-dsc00206.jpg

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-dsc00207.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 09:38   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This car along with 2 other beetles were up for sale in Kollam in Kerala.
The OLX ad for these were also mentioned in the classics available thread in this forum.
Black impala is originally from Coimbatore and was owned by the family of the ExMP From Nilgiris.The car was bought by the present owner in Kollam for Rs.80000/- in 2004.The price demanded for the car when it was advertised for sale a few weeks back was Rs.800000/-.This figure is known to all those who had responded to the advt.I dont know what price it got sold for.
I seriously doubt the 21000 miles .it has definitely done much more than that because if my info is correct it was used regularly in its heydays
Also Does this car have an original valid RC?

Quote:
Both the Beetle's were at Kerala, Now at Bangalore, along with the Impala
One of these beetles actually came from Bangalore itself courtesy Javed(Green Topolino) to Kollam an year back.Now it has gone back to Bangalore !!!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 25th December 2012 at 09:57. Reason: Consecutive posts
ajay99 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 13:09   #1790
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
This car along with 2 other beetles were up for sale in Kollam in Kerala.
The OLX ad for these were also mentioned in the classics available thread in this forum.
Black impala is originally from Coimbatore and was owned by the family of the ExMP From Nilgiris.The car was bought by the present owner in Kollam for Rs.80000/- in 2004.The price demanded for the car when it was advertised for sale a few weeks back was Rs.800000/-.This figure is known to all those who had responded to the advt.I dont know what price it got sold for.
I seriously doubt the 21000 miles .it has definitely done much more than that because if my info is correct it was used regularly in its heydays
Also Does this car have an original valid RC?

One of these beetles actually came from Bangalore itself courtesy Javed(Green Topolino) to Kollam an year back.Now it has gone back to Bangalore !!!
Yes, That Pista Green Beetle was in Coimbatore , came to Bangalore in 2011, again this year Feb went to Mr Rahim at Kollam. And finally bought over by my friend Ravi last month, currently a daily driver.

His yellow Beetle is coming down here for a Restoration as Mr Rahim has decided against selling the car.

And definitely we have not paid 8 lacs on that Impala, its come at a good price, and yes it indeed has documents but needs updation for the last 6 years. Will keep you guys posted once the car lands here, its on transit
Old 25th December 2012, 16:15   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this 1946 DESOTO on the sea link a few minutes back. Was headed towards town and I think this car was for a while in Bandra, khar area.

Cheers

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-image3565086021.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-image3565086021.jpg  

kasli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 16:57   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, That Pista Green Beetle was in Coimbatore , came to Bangalore in 2011, again this year Feb went to Mr Rahim at Kollam. And finally bought over by my friend Ravi last month, currently a daily driver.

His yellow Beetle is coming down here for a Restoration as Mr Rahim has decided against selling the car.

And definitely we have not paid 8 lacs on that Impala, its come at a good price, and yes it indeed has documents but needs updation for the last 6 years. Will keep you guys posted once the car lands here, its on transit
I was taken to see the pillarless ChevyImpalaa by a broker a few mnths ago and price demanded was six and a half lacs . There was also a Dodge Kingsway for sale there then. But broker had mentioned the Impalaa do not have papers.
Old 25th December 2012, 17:56   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Spotted this 1946 DESOTO on the sea link a few minutes back. Was headed towards town and I think this car was for a while in Bandra, khar area.

Cheers
Some more snaps taken at breach candy . Suddenly it was all over the place . Cheers

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-image195943947.jpg

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-image1688070279.jpg
kasli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 17:59   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Was this car ever in Mysore/Coimbatore ? I am talking of a decade ago at least that could be another one
Old 25th December 2012, 18:03   #1795
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
I was taken to see the pillarless Chevy Impalaa by a broker a few months ago and price demanded was six and a half lacs . There was also a Dodge Kingsway for sale there then. But broker had mentioned the Impalaa do not have papers.
Well , sorry to disappoint you, there were NO BROKERS involved in the whole process, it was Me, my friend ( Beetle owner) and, My friend ( buyer ) to take it smoothly . The papers are intact and the price is much lower than what u had quoted. There was no bargain, one simple visit by my friend is all what it took to convince the gentleman to hand it over.

Quote:
Was this car ever in Mysore/Coimbatore ? I am talking of a decade ago at least that could be another one
A Decade ago, yes, it was in Coimbatore, before moving to Kollam - Kerala and now finally here in my city for the rest of its life.

And background work has started to get this ELEPHANT as reliable as a daily runner

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 25th December 2012 at 18:07.
Old 25th December 2012, 19:34   #1796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some more snaps taken at breach candy . Suddenly it was all over the place . Cheers

Attachment 1030807

Attachment 1030808
Quote:

Cheers

Attachment 1030760
Must be an old Bombay car with its BM registration. Also feel the car must have surfaced recently from hibernation now as it has probably not been seen in the rally circuits or referred to here on teambhp.
Old 26th December 2012, 09:23   #1797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Some more snaps taken at breach candy . Suddenly it was all over the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Must be an old Bombay car with its BM registration. Also feel the car must have surfaced recently from hibernation now as it has probably not been seen in the rally circuits or referred to here on teambhp.
I would often see the car at Bandra, though never saw it move. Earlier pics are seen at this link.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...ml#post2220009 (Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India)

Kasli - any idea if it was dieselised?

Last edited by karlosdeville : 26th December 2012 at 09:25.
Old 26th December 2012, 14:03   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Well , sorry to disappoint you, there were NO BROKERS involved in the whole process, it was Me, my friend ( Beetle owner) and, My friend ( buyer ) to take it smoothly . The papers are intact and the price is much lower than what u had quoted. There was no bargain, one simple visit by my friend is all what it took to convince the gentleman to hand it over.

A Decade ago, yes, it was in Coimbatore, before moving to Kollam - Kerala and now finally here in my city for the rest of its life.

And background work has started to get this ELEPHANT as reliable as a daily runner
Sir, Why should me be disappointed? When the broker took me to see the car it was not advertised for sale anywhere including the net . Then the papers was not available. Wish you good luck in getting the TN papers of the car

Last edited by kishorelal : 26th December 2012 at 14:04.
Old 27th December 2012, 00:28   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I would often see the car at Bandra, though never saw it move. Earlier pics are seen at this link.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...ml#post2220009 (Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India)

Kasli - any idea if it was dieselised?

That is not a 1946 Desoto. The 1946 Desoto has the front mudguard running into the door - so also the Dodge. It will be much longer and with fluid drive. That is a 1946 Plymouth with the grill from a Desota. Mohaan
mohaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 07:14   #1800
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaan View Post
That is not a 1946 Desoto. The 1946 Desoto has the front mudguard running into the door - so also the Dodge. It will be much longer and with fluid drive. That is a 1946 Plymouth with the grill from a Desota. Mohaan
Wow. Thanks Mohaan. This is a new learning for me. I did check with google baba and here are the pictures and the results

1946 Plymouth
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-1946-plymouth.jpg

1946 Desoto
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-46-desoto.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks