Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 18:45   #436
BHPian

@Racecrafter : Well I guess you posted the pictures in the wrong thread cause I am trying to get the Trans Am back but the owner would not sell at any cost. He has also bought a mercedes cosworth 2.5-16 evolution 2.

Last edited by anish9000 : 30th March 2009 at 18:55.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:12   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecrafter View Post
Hi all, i am new to this website and this forum. It seems like a lot of you are really interested in vintage cars so i thought i would post some pictures of cars that are with me presently....
racecrafter, lovely cars you have there ! All very well restored.
Keep it up !
Old 30th March 2009, 21:16   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussey View Post
racecrafter, lovely cars you have there ! All very well restored.
Keep it up !
Thank you so much, just a small clarification, as the title metions each car, the Transam and red MG belong to a very dear friend of mine and are currently with me for a regular service. The rest of the cars belong to me....

I am sorry guys, i think i have really posted in the wrong thread. I had just posted the pictures thinking some of you would be interested in looking at some vintage and classic cars. The cars are definately not for sale right now. They pictures were posted just for your interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Hi there Racecrafter.

Welcome to the Team!!!

Great selection of wheels you have posted.Are they all part of your collection or are they on sale.

I remember the first car. If i'mnot wrong this is a MG VA with a Tickord DHC body. The car was lying in a deplorable condition with a gentleman on a farm outside of Delhi.Good to know it has survived.

Whats the deal with the Triumph Roadster. Is it a 1.8 or the later 2.0 version.
Wasif you are absolutely right about the MG VA it has taken us a long time and a lot of effort but she is finally on the road...

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th March 2009 at 21:53. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:41   #439
Senior - BHPian

There used to be a Pontiac Formula 400 T top for sale in Hyderabad long time ago.

I went to look at it and was very interested in buying it as it represented the classic muscle car era but unfortunately it had lost its big 6.6 V8 at some point and was sporting some kind of Ford engine.

What a sad way for such a great car to live out the rest of its life.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:25   #440

Is the car still around even if it is with some ford engine.

Quote:
There used to be a Pontiac Formula 400 T top for sale in Hyderabad long time ago.

I went to look at it and was very interested in buying it as it represented the classic muscle car era but unfortunately it had lost its big 6.6 V8 at some point and was sporting some kind of Ford engine.

What a sad way for such a great car to live out the rest of its life.
Old 31st March 2009, 17:29   #441
Senior - BHPian

Hi Racecrafter. Welcome to our forum.

Is your Impala restored now? The onw which was being restored from two cars? I did come to your workshop last year in Jan. I met with an elderly but very knowledgeable gentleman who showed me around very graciously. Are you the same person or a relative? I have covered your cars somewhere on some thread, if only i can find the post.
Old 31st March 2009, 17:33   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecrafter View Post
Is the car still around even if it is with some ford engine.
Good qustion Sir.

I left India some eight years ago and wouldn't know about its survival.

Maybe our fellow member from Hyderabad DKG can tell us more on this.

The car was somewhere in Mehdipatnam.

There was also a lovely little Peugeot convertible similar to yours but even more striking. It was a Pinninfarina desigh with the badges and all. Wonder what came of it.

Wasif

Last edited by wasif : 31st March 2009 at 17:36.
Old 31st March 2009, 18:12   #443

Hi V-16, the old gentleman you met happened to be my father, as for the impala, the bodywork is complete and we are in the process of collecting other parts for the same. In the meantime we have added many more cars which we are also currently working on. Glad to hear that you have seen most of the collection in person. We do welcome anyone and everyone who is fond of classic and vintage cars. They should be for all to admire and enjoy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Hi Racecrafter. Welcome to our forum.

Is your Impala restored now? The onw which was being restored from two cars? I did come to your workshop last year in Jan. I met with an elderly but very knowledgeable gentleman who showed me around very graciously. Are you the same person or a relative? I have covered your cars somewhere on some thread, if only i can find the post.
Old 31st March 2009, 18:14   #444

It would be nice if someone could put us in the right direction about this

Quote:
Good qustion Sir.

I left India some eight years ago and wouldn't know about its survival.

Maybe our fellow member from Hyderabad DKG can tell us more on this.

The car was somewhere in Mehdipatnam.

There was also a lovely little Peugeot convertible similar to yours but even more striking. It was a Pinninfarina desigh with the badges and all. Wonder what came of it.

Wasif
Old 31st March 2009, 18:31   #445

Picctures of a VAuxhall light six with double mounts undergoing restoration
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-picture-702.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-picture-703.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-vauxhall-light-6.jpg  

racecrafter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2009, 18:37   #446

here are some pictures of a 1951 plymouth woody
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-picture-007.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-picture-008.jpg  

Old 31st March 2009, 18:44   #447

some other random picture of cars from the collection
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-0344-195.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-picture-016.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-picture-031.jpg  

Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-triumphroadster1948.jpg  

Old 31st March 2009, 20:18   #448
BHPian

@racecrafter - There is a Mustang in the background of the first Woody pic. Info on that as well.
Old 31st March 2009, 21:27   #449

Very sharp eyes indeed mustang man. Yes it is true that it looks like a mustang but it was a one off car i had built as a 68 mustang replica for someone...right down to the right dimensions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
@racecrafter - There is a Mustang in the background of the first Woody pic. Info on that as well.
Old 31st March 2009, 23:41   #450
Senior - BHPian

Hi Racecrafter,

Short comments on some of your cars.

The Malibu MMB registered was a car lying on Nepean Sea Road, outside Dr. Rossi's (of Ferrari fame) building. But not sure if she was his. The colour was the same. One day she disappeared, and a few years later she was found at Nashik in that factory. Then maybe 3/4 years ago she came to you for restoration along with an earlier Malibu.

A few days ago a friend of mine picked up a similar Vauxhall, but a 7 seater. I am not clear if yours is a 7 seater. Shall post pics if he permits.

About your Peugeot 204, at one time in the 1970's, maybe 1976 or so, there were 2 such cars in Mumbai, yellow and white. One landed up in Kolkotta, was sold to south and the lorry toppled on the way. The other may even be yours. Please tell us the story of its past if possible.

About the Peugeot convertible mentioned by Wasif, well that was a 404 and there were two known to me in India. One was black, probably the one mentioned by Wasif. Where it is now I do not know. It had some trouble with front brakes or suspension. The other one travelled Indore to Hyderabad to Mumbai to Bangalore to Delhi. Somewhere colour changed from yellow to blue. V16 knows this car I am talking about.

There is another similar Woody to your Plymouth, it was JK registered and could even have been a Dodge, now not sure. It came years ago for a rally in Mumbai and you very likely know the owner.

Cheers
Harit

Last edited by harit : 31st March 2009 at 23:43.

Most Viewed