Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 04:03   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Was at Hard Rock Cafe today. Parked my car in the lot and on my way out spotted this incredibly long car which I couldn't get my eyes off.
On a closer look, noticed that it was a Rolls Royce, Silver Spur II.
Unfortunately, it was lying there unattended. There was dust all over and cob-webs in the wheel wells. The spirit of ecstasy was also missing

Anyone know who it belongs to??

Attachment 343036

Check out the Santro standing next to it which looks nothing more than a baby's toy
Attachment 343037

Attachment 343038
Looks like a good car whcih will not need much doing to it to bring it back to its glory.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:55   #872
Senior - BHPian

Did the car have Delhi registration, if so I know whom this might belong to.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:26   #873
BHPian

allana13 - Yes, it's a good car which one can do up without much hustle, relatively. Couldn't manage interior pics, since it was too sunny. The car's a real looker, but it's definitely been lying there since maybe a couple of months.

the mole - It's a Maharashtra registered vehicle. The font on the number plate is also pretty old fashioned.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:42   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was at Hard Rock Cafe today. Parked my car in the lot and on my way out spotted this..... Rolls Royce, Silver Spur II. Unfortunately, it was lying there unattended. There was dust all over and cob-webs in the wheel wells. The spirit of ecstasy was also missing Anyone know who it belongs to??
These Silver Spur's are lovely cars, but require regular and professional maintainance. Just ask any owner. And when they get tired, this is what happens. There was a silver coloured Bentley, similar model, in Bandra lying in a worse condition.
In 1996 I went to United Motors at Govandi workshop with my brand new Merc 124 for minor work. I was allowed to roam, saw some very nice cars including a Chevy Monte Carlo, 300 Convertible of the 1950's, 350 with hydraulic suspension leaked out, and THREE Rollers Silver Spur, all 3 had suspension problems, partially sitting due to hydraulic failures and were waiting for parts. All three belonged to directors of that company.

Cheers harit
Old 5th May 2010, 12:12   #875
Senior - BHPian

Here this is the car your talking off. It belongs to a Parsi gentleman who shuttles abroad quite a lot. The car is in use when he or his daughter comes to India. The spirit of extasy goes into the grill to avoid being stolen. So it is all there. The car has not been abandoned by the owner and nor does it require any work. I have driven the car with my friend and was to bring her for the Vintage car rally but my friend did not get up in the morning. Just attaching another picture so that it is not said that i am talking off another car or off my hat. It does not belong to the owner of the land.

@ Harit uncle the Bentley you speak of belongs to a Parsee Gentleman K.W. right. The persons cars and property are under some litigation and the sad part is he has bought the car cheap in bad condition and then it just went worse due to lack of care.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-30102009263.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 5th May 2010 at 12:20.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:17   #876
BHPian

Well, one would definitely pay to see this sight. Gleaming, shiny hatchbacks and sedans surrounding a majestic, yet very very dusty Rolls

I wonder why they don't simply put a cover on or get her a shelter!!
Old 5th May 2010, 12:30   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, one would definitely pay to see this sight. Gleaming, shiny hatchbacks and sedans surrounding a majestic, yet very very dusty Rolls

I wonder why they don't simply put a cover on or get her a shelter!!
The car used to be in a cover till it got stolen/torn and the driver incharge only comes there a few days before the owner is going to arrive to clean and take her home. They only have open parking unfortunately. The sad part is they live here only a few months in a year to really know whats happening. I spoke to the daughter and her reply was "what Rolls". I had to show her the pics and then she said "OH! its there still".
Old 5th May 2010, 12:36   #878
BHPian

Man why dont they sell her to some one who will love her 7 care for her. She is is beauty. The mother of all

Speedy buddy no chance you can find out can you and i will go and buy the lottery in the mean time to afford her
Old 5th May 2010, 12:48   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Man why dont they sell her to some one who will love her 7 care for her. She is is beauty. The mother of all

Speedy buddy no chance you can find out can you and i will go and buy the lottery in the mean time to afford her

They have plenty of dosh but due to their lack of being here it looks neglected. The car is in full working order, nothing wrong with it except the lack of a bath everyday.

I had spoken to them the day i went to see my S600. I had actually spoken for both cars then not knowing that the Rolls belonged to someone else. I have been told whenever they decide to part with her, i would be their first choice .

Last edited by speedy : 5th May 2010 at 12:50.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:52   #880
BHPian

You luck man speedy and i am jealous

Anyway keep us posted when your collection grows
Old 5th May 2010, 13:39   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
You luck man speedy and i am jealous

Anyway keep us posted when your collection grows
I just think i saw what GTO posted and yes a bit off luck too with finding her stand along side the S600 and then the links came along to the owners.

It has been almost a year and i dont know how long it would take. Shall remind them again if they have a change of heart. I like the advance booking system, so i know what to expect in the future and can budget myself accordingly .
Old 5th May 2010, 13:54   #882
Senior - BHPian

Speedy you couldn't resist letting them pics out of you phone - finally

Last edited by canonball : 5th May 2010 at 14:00.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:20   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I just think i saw what GTO posted and yes a bit off luck too with finding her stand along side the S600 and then the links came along to the owners.

It has been almost a year and i dont know how long it would take. Shall remind them again if they have a change of heart. I like the advance booking system, so i know what to expect in the future and can budget myself accordingly .

In light of the fact that you may be its future owner, if was you i would start taking care of the car from now itself.

A good wash once or twice a week could go a great distance in protecting the value of the car
Old 5th May 2010, 15:37   #884
Senior - BHPian

Hey Speedy bhaiya whilst you are at it mere ghar bhi do teen gadiyo ki dhulayi karna I want to increase value sar
Old 5th May 2010, 16:03   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Hey Speedy bhaiya whilst you are at it mere ghar bhi do teen gadiyo ki dhulayi karna I want to increase value sar
He just might but you would have to put your money where your mouth ususlly is and commit to selling your cars to him !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks