Team-BHP - Another VW Beetle Restoration
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Another VW Beetle Restoration (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/211072-another-vw-beetle-restoration-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Convertible (Post 4662107)
Are you buying a new harness? Or is the existing wiring in good condition?

Wiring is good, its been converted to 12V at some point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 4662123)
That is one interesting to read work flow shared with us. Thanks for taking up such a project on a car like this one. I am excited to see the end of this soon. I am sure it is an herculean task and going to take time. Just a small request, the photos do absolutely no justice to depict what you are doing to the car. I suggest you modernize the photos.
I am also tempted to find myself an old mini cooper and give it a go. All the best for your reincarnating endeavor.

Thank You Visaster. Yes its not a easy task for me as this is my first restoration & it will take long as most parts are not available locally.

Good work Layzone, like your commitment to this rebuild. Fixing it right the first time is the best approach.

Keep up the updates.

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 4662993)
Good work Layzone, like your commitment to this rebuild. Fixing it right the first time is the best approach.

Keep up the updates.

Cheers

KPS

Thank You KPS, Congratulations on your VW1300 acquisition. Your post on the Plymouth restoration inspires newbies like me.

There is a lot of work to be done on the bug & will update it here.

Excellent job, thanks for sharing. Still a way to go. You found out what all Beetle owner know. They rust badly! What you experienced with the body not bolted on to the chassis is not unusual. It also shows the design of the Beetle. All strength is in the chassis and you can just bold on a body to your liking.

Just one question, you mention a clutch slider tool? What's that, tool to align the clutch?

Good luck with the rest of the project
Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 4665297)
Excellent job, thanks for sharing. Still a way to go. You found out what all Beetle owner know. They rust badly! What you experienced with the body not bolted on to the chassis is not unusual. It also shows the design of the Beetle. All strength is in the chassis and you can just bold on a body to your liking.

Just one question, you mention a clutch slider tool? What's that, tool to align the clutch?

Good luck with the rest of the project
Jeroen

Thank You Jeroen. Yes a long way to go, getting delayed because of two reasons. If have to correct something if done wrong & for parts.

Sorry my bad for mentioning clutch slider it is technically clutch installation alignment tool. Thank you for pointing this out. I do not know if this tool is available with Ratilal (Mumbai ) . Did forget to order this tool along with the parts purchased & I didn't want to wait for more 3 to 4 weeks. So just made one at the lathe shop (pics above).

A switch knob helped to get the ivory shade.

we followed step by step as per CV video on steering wheel resto...

Chassis painted & ready for further work.

I know this should not be done first.

new snubber rubbers as the old ones were cracked & were tied up with a wire .

the beam fitted and lubricated wherever necessary

This car had no steering dampner also no provision to fit one, neither a bracket on the beam & none of the tie rod had the hole like the one on the new one.

Old shock absorbers being used for time being, would like to replace them. Experts can youll advice some locally available options.

Nice work but what is it with the black and white photos?

replaced the bearings & seals