Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2007, 17:42   #1
BHPian

Pics: Vintage Car Rally Nagpur 2007

The Hitavada OCJC Vintage Car Rally 2007 was flagged off on Sunday 25th February, 2007, from the Kasturchand Park, Nagpur.

Although the quality of maintainence and restoration on almost all the cars left a lot to be desired, it was still good to see the spirit of the participants, who have at least managed to keep these pieces of history in running condition. Given a little encouragement and proper restoration knowledge, these people can bring Nagpur on the center-stage of the Vintage and Classic Car and Bike movement in India.

Here are a few pictures from the event. Enjoy!

<Hitavada OCJC Vintage Car Rally 2007, Nagpur>

Nagpurians, interested in Vintages and Classics, get in touch.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th November 2011 at 12:36. Reason: Link had to be removed as it doesnt work anymore.
Old 26th February 2007, 11:29   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

good show...very often you can spot the rarest of the rare at small events like these...like that velocette LE!
and i was thrilled to see another standard 10, just like mine...there are just a handful left in India now...
Old 27th February 2007, 11:09   #3
BHPian

Yes, there was an old Japanese mini tractor (Kubota) at the rally. That was very rare. The guy had found it in scrap in Tumsar, a small town near Nagpur, and managed to restore it!
Old 27th February 2007, 18:52   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Yes, there was an old Japanese mini tractor (Kubota) at the rally. That was very rare. The guy had found it in scrap in Tumsar, a small town near Nagpur, and managed to restore it!

woah! thats great...any pics?
Old 28th February 2007, 01:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics buddy. That Velocette was unique. The Caddy sure needs a lot of care but by its entry being made in the event is evident that the owner is thinking of taking care of it....he is... is he not?? well i certainly hope so!!
Old 1st March 2007, 00:35   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
good show...very often you can spot the rarest of the rare at small events like these...like that velocette LE!
and i was thrilled to see another standard 10, just like mine...there are just a handful left in India now...
Yes I'm equally thrilled about the 10 (pennant!)......Karl, maybe you should try & contact this gent & itnroduce him to the standard motor club (seriously!).....
One question though- was the pennant actually sold under the name "standard 10 deluxe" in India??
Anyways, awesome pics. newcoolgadgets!! Keep it up!

Last edited by Stanher : 1st March 2007 at 00:40.
Old 1st March 2007, 00:38   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, and newcoolgadgets- reg. the lambretta in the last of your pics. that's a 'D', the 1st lambretta model sold in India, followed by the LD..then finally of course the most common Li models....
Old 1st March 2007, 23:20   #8
BHPian

Stanher, thanks for that info on the Lambrettas. I was myself confused whether it was really an Li.

I am not sure about the name 'Standard 10 Deluxe' either. I will be going down to the owner's place to take some more pics of the Standard. Will try to get more info on it soon.
Old 24th March 2007, 15:59   #9
BHPian

I am new here and this is my first post. The Norton is cannibalised. It has to be an early Featherbed '54, but still not original. The Velocette LE's paint job is not original. I thought Nagpur had lot of good bikes. Did Feroze participate with his Tiger & Star Twin?
Old 27th March 2007, 15:55   #10
BHPian

As I said in my first post above, the quality of restoration on most of the cars and bikes was amateur, to say the least. To the credit of most of the owners, they have managed to keep them running.

I do remember seeing a Triumph Tiger but cannot remember seeing a Star Twin. I will check my pics to see if it was there.
Old 16th December 2008, 15:13   #11
manukale

When is the next Vintage Car Rally in Nagpur?

My native is Nagpur. When we were kids we used to go to see the Vintage Cars - almost every year "The Hitavada" used to organise. Now I am at Mumbai but still wish to attend the rally. Please let me know when thenext is being organised.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks