Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 14:47   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

R.I.P. Mr. Sharad Kumar Sanghi - Ace Vintage Car Collector

Very sad news, particularly for the vintage and classic car community, ace vintage and classic car collector, Mr. Sharad Kumar Sanghi passed away on 21st February 2020. May his soul rest in peace !

I hope our veterans here can shed more light on his passion and his cars, we should have a thread dedicated to his collection, sometime in the future.

Here is a picture from Cartier 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A special prize, The Cartier Honour Trophy, was presented to eminent collector Sharad Sanghi by HRH Prince Michael of Kent, a Lifetime Achievement award of sorts.
R.I.P. Mr. Sharad Kumar Sanghi - Ace Vintage Car Collector-02.jpg
KartikeyaL is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: R.I.P. Mr. Sharad Kumar Sanghi - Ace Vintage Car Collector

Oh My God. My prayers for his family. He was the owner of Sanghi Brothers, Indore a big Tata truck dealer. I knew him professionally for the entire 1980s and he was a pleasure to work with. May God bless his soul.

I used to rib him that he spent more time with his collection than his business. And he would joke back that he ran the business to fund the collection.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 24th February 2020 at 15:25.
V.Narayan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 17:07   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: R.I.P. Mr. Sharad Kumar Sanghi - Ace Vintage Car Collector

Jeevan Thomas shares this Overdrive article with us:

Quote:
One of India's leading and foremost classic car collectors Sharad Sanghi, passed away on 21st February. Indore based Sharad Sanghi was a true car enthusiast and started collecting cars well before it became fashionable. In fact Sharad Sanghi can be termed as one of the pioneering Indian car collectors as he acquired most of his collection in the 70's and 80's. Almost all of his cars were restored by well known automotive historian Manvendra Singh Barwani and his partner T.P Singh. Sharad Sanghi was very passionate about his collection and only collected classic cars that had a substantial Indian history and heritage. With a collection of some 120 cars, he was also one of India's biggest classic car collectors and at the 2017 Cartier Concourse D'Elegance event held in Hyderabad, he was given the "Cartier Honour Trophy" for helping save India's automotive heritage.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 21:07   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

A very sad loss for the vintage community. Hopefully, his collection gets looked after and cared for by his near and dear ones.

May his soul rest in peace.
Old 24th February 2020, 21:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear of this, pray that his soul rests in peace, Om Shanthi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks