Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 16:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19

Pre-owned luxury car dealer, Big Boy Toyz, will be organizing a vintage and classic car auction on December 19, 2021.

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-building-vintage.jpg

The online auction will be listing a 1960 Volkswagen Beetle for which the bidding starts at Re. 1. Besides the Beetle, 19 other cars will be up for grabs. These include Rolls Royces, Cadillacs, Buicks, Chevrolets and Land Rovers. These cars come from renowned collections from all over the country and are being displayed at BBT's Gurgaon showroom.

BBT has designed a software to enable bidders to participate in the online auction. The cars will be available for a period of 14 days from the date of going live.

Bidders can choose from two plans - The Enthusiasts Plan is priced at Rs. 1 lakh and allows bidders to bid on 2 cars, while the Connoisseur Plan offers 4 cars with no upper limit on the value for a deposit of Rs. 2 lakh.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th December 2021 at 16:05.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 19:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19

I believe this is the auction where the famous 1959 pink Cadillac de Ville of Mr Diljeet Titus is also to find a new home.

Quote:
They say that no car museum is complete without the ultimate excess of the 1950s—the car with the biggest tailfins ever: the Cadillac de Ville from 1959. With Cadillac and Chrysler competing in the 1950s on a race to make the biggest tailfins possible, the end of the decade saw Cadillac making the ultimate epitome of ‘50s kitsch. Although it was not much appreciated in the years that followed, these Cadillacs are highly sought after today, and Diljeet Titus’ collection has the perfect example.

And before we forget, remember that in the tailfin Cadillac we had one very important fan: USSR Prime Minister Nikita Krushchev. As he mentioned in a report on United Nations proceedings in 1960: “I’m riding here in an American Cadillac car. It’s a good car, seating seven.

Diljeet Titus is now parting with the car, and it is part of a 19-car Historic Auction auction which is running until the 20th of December—a rare opportunity to get that pink Cadillac you have always dreamt of!
The link:

https://magazine.derivaz-ives.com/fi...ays-dreamt-of/
Old 17th December 2021, 09:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I believe this is the auction where the famous 1959 pink Cadillac de Ville of Mr Diljeet Titus is also to find a new home.

The link:

https://magazine.derivaz-ives.com/fi...ays-dreamt-of/
There are two different Auctions. One is the BBT auction and the other is the Historic Auction where the Cadillac is on Auction.

https://historicauctions.com/
IndrojitSircar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 15:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

MS Dhoni had the winning bid on the Vintage Land Rover Series 3 in an online auction for vintage vehicles conducted by Big Boy Toyz.

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151325_instagram.jpg

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151335_instagram.jpg

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151344_instagram.jpg

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151353_instagram.jpg

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151401_instagram.jpg

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151410_instagram.jpg

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151420_instagram.jpg

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151438_instagram.jpg

Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-smartselect_20220118151454_instagram.jpg

Link

Link (MS Dhoni's impressive car and bike collection)

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th January 2022 at 15:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 18:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
MS Dhoni had the winning bid on the Vintage Land Rover Series 3 in an online auction for vintage vehicles conducted by Big Boy Toyz.
The former Indian Captain definitely has a good choice when it comes to automobiles, I would even say that it’s as good as the field he used to set. That Series 3 would look really nice alongside his Nissan Jonga.

Do we know what was the winning bid, just curious!
Mat095 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:34   #6
BHPian

I couldn't be happier that this beauty of mine has gone to none other than MS Dhoni!!! I restored this from ground up with a lot of blood, sweat and effort. Super happy that it's gone to one of the most famous people In the country. What upsets me though is that there is no mention of the creator/owner of the vehicle and all credit has been taken by the agency!
P.s.- if it wasn't for the amazing car, iDhoni would have never bought it.

One can take the art out of the artist but not the artist out of the art!!!

Congrats once gain to None other than MS Dhoni

A picture of my car freak son with the Landy! Happy Motoring.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-img_20210727_184637__01.jpg  

Abhimanyu88 is offline   (308) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 22:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhimanyu88 View Post
I couldn't be happier that this beauty of mine has gone to none other than MS Dhoni!!! I restored this from ground up with a lot of blood, sweat and effort. Super happy that it's gone to one of the most famous people In the country. What upsets me though is that there is no mention of the creator/owner of the vehicle and all credit has been taken by the agency!

I'm sure it's an amazing feeling! You know, a restoration thread of that car would be something we all eagerly look forward to, I'm sure.

It must have been really heavy on you to part with that car after putting in so much effort to build it back. There must have been some really inevitable reason for selling-off that car.

Whatever be the case, the car sure has been restored in an impeccable way.

What are the engine specifications, by the way? Please share.

Thanks!
Big Smoke is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 23:06   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
I'm sure it's an amazing feeling! You know, a restoration thread of that car would be something we all eagerly look forward to, I'm sure.

It must have been really heavy on you to part with that car after putting in so much effort to build it back. There must have been some really inevitable reason for selling-off that car.

Whatever be the case, the car sure has been restored in an impeccable way.

What are the engine specifications, by the way? Please share.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks, yupp was a beautiful restoration. The only reason for selling this were the NGT issues in delhi, I do drive my other cars regularly but this being a diesel I always had the issue of the cops impounding it. This had to let it go.

Will look for a petrol one now and build it up even better than this. The engine was is 2.25 litre 4 cylinder diesel, all original.

Have about 5000 pictures of the detailed build, took over 2 years to do, will surely share soon. Sharing below what It looked like when i bought it.

Was a ground up restoration.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19-screenshot_20220118161909.jpg  

Abhimanyu88 is offline   (120) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 08:30   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks, yupp was a beautiful restoration. The only reason for selling this were the NGT issues in delhi, I do drive my other cars regularly but this being a diesel I always had the issue of the cops impounding it.
Kudos to you for restoring this regal beast. Ohh boy it looks so beautiful. I had seen a similar one (not sure it may be a defender) in Udupi last year and I couldn't stop drooling over it.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks, yupp was a beautiful restoration. The only reason for selling this were the NGT issues in delhi, I do drive my other cars regularly but this being a diesel I always had the issue of the cops impounding it. This had to let it go.

Will look for a petrol one now and build it up even better than this. The engine was is 2.25 litre 4 cylinder diesel, all original.

Have about 5000 pictures of the detailed build, took over 2 years to do, will surely share soon. Sharing below what It looked like when i bought it.

WOW BUDDY.

Amazing work. Really proud of you. Big thumbs up to your efforts.

Last edited by drjaygoyal : 19th January 2022 at 09:21. Reason: Spelling mistake
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:

Truly an artistic restoration. Please pen down your restoration journey. It would be a joy to read.
MithunSathianat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Impressive work ethic and remarkable restoration The original when you bought it and the final finished product is unbelievable. Please do share a separate thread on behind the scenes of restoration.
Old 19th January 2022, 11:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:

I'm sure every single member on this forum will join me in appreciating and showing you gratitude for the immaculate job done in the restoration of this Landy!
The fact that perhaps India's most loved motorhead is now it's custodian is a massive kudos to the stellar job by you and your team. It's just such a pity regarding the lack of mentions though.
Have you considered perhaps stamping your name/brand/signature (like Stinger/Renntech do with their Porsches) in a discreet location on the vehicles you restore?
Uthappa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 12:01   #14
BHPian

Quote:

Hey really have high regards for people like you who take on such projects. I just wanted to know where did you find this vehicle and if one were hunting for a landy how do you search for one?
Old 19th January 2022, 12:15   #15
BHPian

Quote:
That's quite unfortunate. Cars older than 50 years can be registered as vintage on which the NGT ban rules don't apply. Just curious, did you not consider getting the car registered as vintage with the DL VA number plate?

Quoting the Big Boy Toyz website:

"Vintage and Classic car owners can now register their cars and drive them on public roads. As per an Amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act published in the Official Gazette, Vintage and Classic Cars that are more than 50 years of age shall be registered in respective states are per the rules of the Motor Vehicle Act. These cars will be given a special VA Series of number eg DL VA XXXX for Delhi state. Being registered and compliant under the MV Act shall allow users of these cars to ply their vintage and classic on public roads. The earlier ban by the Transport Ministry and various Courts meant that vintage and classic cars came under the rule that banned petrol cars of 15 years and older and diesel cars that were 10 years or older from plying on public roads"

https://www.bigboytoyz.com/blog/driv...n-public-roads
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks