Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 16:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Credit to MFji for most pics. The psychadelic beetle only has a loud paintjob, and is more or less stock mechanically, barring van rims and a replaced stock engine.

Amongst the collection of cars of Sahyadri (forgot to get pics), is also a 1960 convertible bug, which is currently being restored.
ok but i think the guy is not doing justice to the car with such a loud paint job.
my cousin and another friend both have a convertible beetle.
MF thank you for the pictures. the VW formation and the arrow head picture with the passat are a novel idea i hope it is featured by shrini in BSM.
Old 1st October 2007, 17:42   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
ok but i think the guy is not doing justice to the car with such a loud paint job.
Err...Speedy?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/579539-post50.html
Old 1st October 2007, 17:49   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes karl that is for my neice but it will not be seeing the road or any of the rallies. it is going to be her car that stands in the garage for her to play with when she comes. here new toy is my fathers car and the sun roof in it so she seems to have forgotten about the beetle for now.
even if i do it i will not be this loud it will be very sutle and classy. trust me on it. i cant get it on photoshop but will try and draw it on paper. then you can decide if it is loud or not.
Old 9th November 2007, 21:36   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across this most fascinating page on orkut, dealing with an interesting collector, and covering a large event in Shillong.

http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?c...368648&start=1

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=39745594

Some very interesting cars, and stories, though not all are in great shape. The CM got the govt. to sponsor 5 cars. I hope someone up there is reading this!
Id especially like to know more about this supposed 1944/8 Volkswagen. Anybpdy else heard of this guy?
Old 9th November 2007, 22:28   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I came across this most fascinating page on orkut, dealing with an interesting collector, and covering a large event in Shillong.

http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?c...368648&start=1

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=39745594

Some very interesting cars, and stories, though not all are in great shape. The CM got the govt. to sponsor 5 cars. I hope someone up there is reading this!
Id especially like to know more about this supposed 1944/8 Volkswagen. Anybpdy else heard of this guy?
Wow, this is amazing! What a challenge to maintain such cars in a relatively remote place like that!

Interesting to know bout this gent in assam.....ready to buy & maintain classics inspite of his financial situation....remindsme of someone I know very well- 2 persons infact.....one of them is to whose post I'm replying to & the other is the one whose typing this post!

Say, did you notice there are a couple of Heralds (one is changed into a convertible but not too original, the other looks nice) and the nice red Standard (Super?) 10 in that guy's orkut album...
Old 10th November 2007, 02:12   #126
Senior - BHPian

some collection that the guy has got. it is great that the guy thought of something like this it is really creditable on his part despite his not being in top financial conditions. adoption is a better way to do things rather than have the cars rott away. i hope alot of people see it and learn something.

Last edited by speedy : 10th November 2007 at 02:15.
Old 31st January 2008, 12:03   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday morning the Bombay Sappers organised a great military show, and part of the display were these lovely classics.

A couple of flawless buicks. The blue 47 is Ex Maharaja of Bansda.

The army has still retained this 50s Dodge wagon, though im told its been dieselised. It wasnt looking too great. They did have a similar one which they auctioned a few years ago, but that one was MINT! It was bought by Sanas, who stickered it similiar to New York police vans of the era, and is now utterly neglected.

A couple of Fiats, from 34 and 40.

A newly restored 47 mercury.

Ramesh Thakkers 1925 Rolls and 65 MGB, both mint. The rolls has done around 600 miles till date, a fact verified by the Rolls Royce VP!

I missed shooting most of the Poonawalla's Rolls', here is the hardtop converted Phantom III.

Supercop turned MNS man Vikram Bokey brought his Beetle, a genuine convertible. Unfortunately it has Goa's Baretto's signature all over it. Quite a shame in my opinion.

The Chevy, Fordson, and well executed VW/Tempo knock off are part of the same collection.

Old 3rd February 2008, 22:55   #128
BHPian

Hello Everybody

Hello All ,

Landed back on the 1st and it was straight from the airport to the venue of the inaugral "Vintage Safari Run " from Lucknow to Dudhwa National Park and Tiger reserve . A distance of 220 kms each way with a days halt at the park.

The event was organised by the local club with sponsorship from UP Tourism , HSBC and Airtel .

12 cars participated and all made the to and fro journey without any mishaps or breakdowns.

I drove the Plymouth Special Deluxe and made the run in under 5 hrs on single lane roads , small town jams , 4 railway crossings and across a rickety rail - road bridge.

There were stoppages at 3 schools enroute for the kids to have a dekko at the cars and for the sponsors to proclaim on the environment and saving the tiger.

Pictures once I relearn how to do it.

With this years successful run , we expect next year the participants slots to go at a premium.
Old 4th February 2008, 10:26   #129
Senior - BHPian

Nice to have u back here vintageman!! Pls post pics of all your cars too!
Old 7th February 2008, 10:30   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a reminder, the VCCCI bombay rally will be held at Kala Ghoda (I assume) on the 23rd and 24th of Feb. Im definitely coming, jumping in with any of the participants (read Gogiji). Who else will be there?
Old 7th February 2008, 12:22   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just a reminder, the VCCCI bombay rally will be held at Kala Ghoda (I assume) on the 23rd and 24th of Feb. Im definitely coming, jumping in with any of the participants (read Gogiji). Who else will be there?
Me, me, me, me, me. We'll drive down in the tank.
Old 7th February 2008, 12:47   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I will be there with the beetle!
Old 16th February 2008, 00:01   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the VCCCI bombay rally will be held at Kala Ghoda
Karl, let in some more details na. What time, route, etc? Might join in.
Old 16th February 2008, 09:00   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Karl, let in some more details na. What time, route, etc? Might join in.
The route is always disclosed only at flag off. A vague idea of the areas we will cover will usually come in the papers around next saturday. Flag off should be around 9 am for the first car. It will be a delight to watch, I assure you!
Old 16th February 2008, 23:58   #135
Senior - BHPian

i will be there with both my cars
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks