Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 22:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

nice picture stanher. like the sunbeam talbot. very well maintained cars i must say. hope to see one picture a day. something to look forward to everyday.
Old 16th August 2007, 00:12   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks speedy! Yup looks like it'll be one pic. a day at this rate!
I wonder if its feasible for the mods. to club all these posts togtehr into one single long post later...it'd been done to one post of mine in another thread once...

OK here's the next: Renault Dauphine, not sure if it was driven down from B'lore for the event or residing here:

More to follow.....jus dont hold your breath.....no idea how long it'll take!

Last edited by Stanher : 16th August 2007 at 00:17.
Old 16th August 2007, 00:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

wow stanher have not seen the renault dauphine before and it looks great. this seems to be the only one in the country.
Old 17th August 2007, 00:14   #19
Team-BHP Support

Posts Moved -> Fiat Classic Car Club India Rally - 15 August 2007

On karlosdeville's request, all posts pertaining to the Fiat Rally that took place on 15th August 2007 have been merged with this thread -> Fiat Classic Car Club India Rally - 15 August 2007.
Old 24th August 2007, 22:27   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

On stanher's request, here are some more pics of the Hyderabad rally.

Old 24th August 2007, 22:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

karl is this an austin a bit confused here and which is the car in the background? any clue

Old 24th August 2007, 22:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
karl is this an austin a bit confused here and which is the car in the background? any clue

that looks like the 71 citroen DS speedy (if i am not wrong)
Old 24th August 2007, 22:58   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Many thanks Karl! Still having trouble uploading via imageshack! Maybe I've a slow server....!

@ Speedy- yup thats an austin 1300, a smaller version of the 1800 'land-crab'...

And yes thats a Citroen DS21, owned by an eminent classic collector here- Karl had uploaded pics. he took of this very car plus most of his collection in the 'hydrabad colelction' threads....

Last edited by Stanher : 24th August 2007 at 23:06.
Old 24th August 2007, 23:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
wow stanher have not seen the renault dauphine before and it looks great. this seems to be the only one in the country.
its a rear engine car right? i think there is one more unrestored somewhere... dont remember where(not very sure)

Last edited by AMATMO : 24th August 2007 at 23:06.
Old 24th August 2007, 23:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Many thanks Karl! Still having trouble uploading via imageshack! Maybe I've a slow server....!

@ Speedy- yup thats an austin 1300, a smaller version of the 1800 'land-crab'...

And yes thats a Citroen DS21, owned by an eminent classic collector here- Karl had uploaded pics. he took of this very car plus most of his collection in the 'hydrabad colelction' threads....
i thought as much it was a citroen ds21 from the light on the hood but it looks higher then it should normally be maybe thats because it is standing next to the austin
Old 24th August 2007, 23:40   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

@Amatmo- yup the Dauphine is a rear-engined car.......I read somewhere that there were plans to have this car assembled in India back in the early 60s but in vain!
@ speedy- I guess the Citroen had been raised on its suspension wjhen I took this pic....the driver of the car did it for a while in front of the public....was video'd by the press as well!
Old 25th August 2007, 00:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

was it the dauphine or another model that was to be made?
it must be quite a sight watching the air suspension lift, oh man i haope you know someone who has taken a video of it. my uncle has a mercedes 70's model with air suspension and raises and lowers itself. forget the model now.
Old 25th August 2007, 01:08   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
There has been talk of it for ages, and im seeing ads in all the magazines for such an event by the Heritage Motoring Club in Delhi in November I think. Awini would be able to tell us more.
when lahore happens it happens... lets see if and when it does.
as far as the cars in pakistan are concerned, they still have some very rare prewar cars there, including most of the nawab of bhawalpurs stable which were locked up because of a family dispute till a couple of years ago... they still have a couple of V16 cadillacs there, and Amilcar CGS, Bentley red label etc. but believe it or not, they have a much better collection of post war classics than here.imports were not restricted there as they were here, so lots of caddy, lincoln,jags ,austin healeys, mg etc... even some porsche and ferraris, and an amphicar too!!
Old 25th August 2007, 01:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
when lahore happens it happens... lets see if and when it does.
as far as the cars in pakistan are concerned, they still have some very rare prewar cars there, including most of the nawab of bhawalpurs stable which were locked up because of a family dispute till a couple of years ago... they still have a couple of V16 cadillacs there, and Amilcar CGS, Bentley red label etc. but believe it or not, they have a much better collection of post war classics than here.imports were not restricted there as they were here, so lots of caddy, lincoln,jags ,austin healeys, mg etc... even some porsche and ferraris, and an amphicar too!!
i have heard of the nawab of bhawalpurs collection. i believe most of the cars have been sold, do you know anything about it.
across the border there are some really beautiful cars had met a gentleman a few years ago from the vintage and classic car club of pakistan and he had showed photo's of some of the cars there. aurburns, cadillacs, corvettes. lincolns, pierce arrows, delage, rolls royce, bentleys and plenty more. he was also mentioning about haveing cheaper import duties and most of the cars were easyly brought into the country. even today the people send their cars to U.K. to get restored or to have their apholstry made.
Old 25th August 2007, 09:26   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Pakistan has a phenomenal collection. Just browse through these and youll get an idea.

[VCCP] - Vintage&Classic Car Club of Pakistan
Closed Thread

Most Viewed