Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2007, 10:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Pakistan has a phenomenal collection. Just browse through these and youll get an idea.

[VCCP] - Vintage&Classic Car Club of Pakistan

yes pakistan has some impressive cars indeed there the rolls royce silver ghost,aston martin db6,the ford thunder bird 57 are some of the very very important cars

but why have they shown cars in india(do they belong to some pakstani person?) shouldnt they be a part of vccci or are those cars shared
Old 25th August 2007, 12:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
but why have they shown cars in india(do they belong to some pakstani person?) shouldnt they be a part of vccci or are those cars shared
like i was telling you two members of VCCCP had come to judge the cars for the VCCCP rally this is when talks for the peace rally between india and pakistan were going on in full swing.
Mr Jim Agha had visited a few people who he knew in india and taken pictures of their collection to post on their website. the cars are part of VCCCI and are not shared.
Old 26th August 2007, 00:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the cars are part of VCCCI and are not shared.
most of the delhi cars are not part of vccci, they are members of hmci. and the sight no where says that the cars in india are any part of vcccp, i cant understand the objection some people have, my cars are there too, so if im ok with it who is anyone else to object.
Old 26th August 2007, 00:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
most of the delhi cars are not part of vccci, they are members of hmci. and the sight no where says that the cars in india are any part of vcccp, i cant understand the objection some people have, my cars are there too, so if im ok with it who is anyone else to object.

they dont mention that, they are not a part of it either

they have just mentioned their members cars

objection,what are you talking about ...no one has had any objection
i suggest you read my post again

i asked this question because of extra information i wanted
i didnt object

the reason i wanted to know that was to find out if those cars are in the hands of Vcccp and might go to pakistan one day or not
just wanted to know if these cars should be considered indian or pakistani cars which might leave the country one day thats it?

which part did you find offensive here

Last edited by AMATMO : 26th August 2007 at 00:22.
Old 26th August 2007, 00:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i agree awini and i am most aware of the heritige motor club india. amatmo was just wondering and thought that the cars were bought from india or at one time were in india now in pakistan. i hope i intrepreted you right amatmo. that is what i meant when i said the cars are not shared. the only thing shared are pictures. by saying VCCCI cars i meant indian cars and delhi is the capital so everything comes under india.
no one is objecting to the cars being there on the site,that is where you are getting it all wrong. i have two people i know whose cars are also featured there. i am infact happy that both side have atleast one more common interest that is cars.
i am sorry if you got offended by my calling the delhi cars part of VCCCI but most people relate to VCCCI and not HMCI. it makes it easier to explain.

Last edited by speedy : 26th August 2007 at 00:41. Reason: missing information
Old 26th August 2007, 01:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
they dont mention that, they are not a part of it either

they have just mentioned their members cars

objection,what are you talking about ...no one has had any objection
i suggest you read my post again

i asked this question because of extra information i wanted
i didnt object

the reason i wanted to know that was to find out if those cars are in the hands of Vcccp and might go to pakistan one day or not
just wanted to know if these cars should be considered indian or pakistani cars which might leave the country one day thats it?

which part did you find offensive here
um...my friend,you read my post too,i didnt mention you or your post, but people i know of have objected to "our" cars on "their" site, and most of them have nothing to do with the cars on the site.so i just got a little worked up, no offence was intended to you or anyone else.
and no, no cars registered in india,older than 1960 i think, can be legally exported out. but loopholes do exist and cars still do go out.but its very rare now.
Old 26th August 2007, 01:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
um...my friend,you read my post too,i didnt mention you or your post, but people i know of have objected to "our" cars on "their" site, and most of them have nothing to do with the cars on the site.so i just got a little worked up, no offence was intended to you or anyone else.
and no, no cars registered in india,older than 1960 i think, can be legally exported out. but loopholes do exist and cars still do go out.but its very rare now.
awini i know how you feel there was the same hostile feeling in bombay a few years ago at the rally when Mr Aga and his compatriate were made to judge the cars. some of the people objecting were not even part of the rally or did not have vintage cars at all. i know this because my cars had participated.
loopholes do exist but things are being done to curb the export of the vintage cars. there is a rolls royce silver wraith rotting away in the custom bonded wearhouse in bombay. i think it was part of this scam.
Old 26th August 2007, 10:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

well then i must admit that would never like to see classics in india dissappaering...doesnt matter if they are taken to pakistan or any other countries

i would never like to see RRs , Bentleys etc going away from the contry...would you?
Old 26th August 2007, 12:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

i dont mind if they are a part of Vcccp,as long as they remain india

cause i feel that the latest RR's and maybachs are just a sign of country's wealth but the custom vintage RR's and maybachs are india's pride they project india's class and show how royal our country was.wont you feel bad if these cars are not in india anymore..?
Old 26th August 2007, 13:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well then i must admit that would never like to see classics in india dissappaering...doesnt matter if they are taken to pakistan or any other countries

i would never like to see RRs , Bentleys etc going away from the contry...would you?
Quote:
i dont mind if they are a part of Vcccp,as long as they remain india

cause i feel that the latest RR's and maybachs are just a sign of country's wealth but the custom vintage RR's and maybachs are india's pride they project india's class and show how royal our country was.wont you feel bad if these cars are not in india anymore..?
dont worry amatmo you will not see the vintage and classic cars dissappearing from the country or being taken to any other country. the laws of the land do not give permission for it and alot of people are trying to ensure this ( my father included).
the cars of yesteryears are the symbol of india's wealth and rich heritage. you might now have the new rolls and bentleys but the grandeur comes with the vintages.
the cars are indian cars so they are not part of VCCCP but only used in their site to show the kind of cars that exist in india.
as long as their are enthusiast and passionate people who value these cars. none of these vintage beauties will dissappear. you can be rest assured about that.
Old 26th August 2007, 13:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

the only way out is and i think the government should allow collectors to import pre- 1950 cars into india ....today the price of these cars are so overheated compared to the international market ...many countries allow this..it's only a question of the government recognizing that today the country has sufficient wealth and enthusiasm to pursue vintage motoring as a passion..
Old 26th August 2007, 13:46   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dont worry amatmo you will not see the vintage and classic cars dissappearing from the country or being taken to any other country. None of these vintage beauties will dissappear. you can be rest assured about that.
Sigh. If only that was true in practice as well. Far too many keep leaving the country every year. 2 are on their way out as we speak. Bikes are still blatantly going out by the container load. Bah.
Old 26th August 2007, 13:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Heres some more pics from the Hyderabad event.

Old 26th August 2007, 14:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the laws of the land do not give permission for it and alot of people are trying to ensure this ( my father included).
as long as their are enthusiast and passionate people who value these cars. none of these vintage beauties will dissappear. you can be rest assured about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Sigh. If only that was true in practice as well. Far too many keep leaving the country every year. 2 are on their way out as we speak. Bikes are still blatantly going out by the container load. Bah.
karl you missed the point brother. i said people are trying to ensure this and the number of cars had reduced drasticaly.
i cannot say about the bikes because i have never been too keen on vintage bikes except for the indian cheif and the harleys.
the people who sell their cars abroad are not enthusiast and passionate about the cars. the cars for them are just a means of earning money. so as long as their are people like you, scooby, v-16, stanher and a whole lot of other includeing me. the cars would not dissapear.
Old 27th August 2007, 16:28   #45
BANNED

we have a Beetle Club in Bangalore,A Group of 20 enthusiasts. We host rallies bi monthly. There are pics, but i do not know how to post. Pls HELP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks