Team-BHP - Vintage Rallies & Shows in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Vintage Rallies & Shows in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/25237-vintage-rallies-shows-india.html)

Hello Everybody ,

I recollect a few years back there was a lot of enthusiasm about a India Pak vintage car rally , which as I understand came to a nought , inspite of the efforts of the Delhi & Mumbai Vintage Clubs .

I think this is an appropriate forum to find out how many people would be interested in having a "India Gate - Gateway" Vintage Car Rally.

I know there are some very big collectors in India , but would they be interested in getting the cars to do what they were meant to do instead of parking them in the garage with a occasional venture to a rally in the local shows.

If there can be a Paris - Beijing Rally, the Mille Miglia Storica and the London to Brighton run - why not a "India Gate ~ Gateway" , planned well over the next 2 years for the initial venture.

you know there have been a large number of long distance events for classic cars of late. Most of them havent been publicised though. The one to start the boom was the rally of the raj, featuring a large number of Indian and international participants, driving from Bombay to Delhi or somewhere thereabouts. Endurance events finally are the best test for a well restored classic.

there was also the peace rally which was to take place but dont know what happend to that my bro had gone for the raikie also. it was to start from delhi and go into islamabad

Ah yes, finally remembered to pop into this thread, which has been slipping my mind the last few days!

I'd like to announce here that there is a vintage/classic rally on 15th Aug. here at Lumbini Park (opp. the secratariat) organised by DECHAA (DEccan Heritage Automobile Association)....everyone's invited (& Hyd. bhpians are also expected!) to attend/participate although I've been informed that the lunch following the rally would need to be paid for by the individual attendees.

stanher want to see pictures from the rally on the post for sure.

Its that time of year again!

15th August will also see the Fiat Classic Car Club of India have its biannual event, starting from the Agricultural College grounds, Pune, at 7 30 am. A short programme, and we will proceed to and terminate at the Centre for Police Research, Pashan. PM me for more details if interested.

Cheers
Karl

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 529194)
Its that time of year again!

15th August will also see the Fiat Classic Car Club of India have its biannual event, starting from the Agricultural College grounds, Pune, at 7 30 am. A short programme, and we will proceed to and terminate at the Centre for Police Research, Pashan. PM me for more details if interested.

Cheers
Karl

will it be a fiat event? or will other classics also be present? Im thniking of coming down to pune for this one.

A India-Pakistan peace rally would be good way of showcasing the classic and vintage beauties left behind in Pakistan during the black partition days. I would be game for such an event but what i fear is, the people who would want to hog the limelite such an event is likely to create and turn it around to suit the event to their purposes and even make it a machinery of their personal propaganda, thus sidelining the actual sentiment of the event.
Would have loved to take part in the Fiat rally in Pune but have the yearly staff get-to-gether planned for the vwry same day so will have to sadly decline. But please participants, do write up a full report with pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 529441)
will it be a fiat event? or will other classics also be present? Im thniking of coming down to pune for this one.

It is essentially a Fiat event, but everyone is welcome to join, and every year we have a fair number of other classics tagging along.

We'll miss you Gogi! 26th Jan you better be there with the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 529479)
A India-Pakistan peace rally would be good way of showcasing the classic and vintage beauties left behind in Pakistan during the black partition days.

There has been talk of it for ages, and im seeing ads in all the magazines for such an event by the Heritage Motoring Club in Delhi in November I think. Awini would be able to tell us more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 529699)
It is essentially a Fiat event, but everyone is welcome to join, and every year we have a fair number of other classics tagging along.

We'll miss you Gogi! 26th Jan you better be there with the car.

My loss entirely I assure you.
Come 26th Jan ill be there for sure and if all goes well with the car"s" ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 529479)
A India-Pakistan peace rally would be good way of showcasing the classic and vintage beauties left behind in Pakistan during the black partition days. I would be game for such an event but what i fear is, the people who would want to hog the limelite such an event is likely to create and turn it around to suit the event to their purposes and even make it a machinery of their personal propaganda, thus sidelining the actual sentiment of the event.
Would have loved to take part in the Fiat rally in Pune but have the yearly staff get-to-gether planned for the vwry same day so will have to sadly decline. But please participants, do write up a full report with pics.

i agree with you completely. everyone forgets the true essence of the pupose of the event and just want to gather brownie points for themselves. the talks just keep going on for years of hosting such events but i guess due to lack of their own personal gains the event just remains a distant hope. would not take my cars for such events but would rather be a silent spectator.

Quite correct speedy , there has been a lot of talk regarding the Indo Pak rally . It has been going on for a couple of years now and everytime after the initial media hype and hullabaloo the organisers just seem to put the idea on hold till the next season . I had visited the organisers at Delhi and Mumbai when the idea was first mooted and found the responsible persons at the organisations behind the events already quite laid back & negative about the whole thing, There was no drive to get the rally organised.

The Rally of the Raj and the Himalayan Rallies were there but ( I think ) , I could buy myself a car for the expenses entailed for these events .

vintageman the expenses are still alright as long as you have such events. probably once in a lifetime oppertunities for some of us to explore unchartered grounds see new cars and restoration jobs of our neibhours. you get to meet alot of people with similar intrests exchangeing note and a nice holiday with your passion.

Yaayyyyyy!!!!!!!! Success atlast!!! :Cheering: *phew*

Here's the first pic. (I think!) I took on entering the venue (a bit late this time! & on a khattara bajaj chetak to boot!)....
Morris Minor & Sunbeam Talbot...the latter belongs to a vintage car restoer who also owns a Triumph Mayflower, which was also presentat the rally: