Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 02:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

wish u guys all the luck for the meet. would love to have a look keep me informed pls. thanks cyrus
Old 7th August 2007, 18:10   #32
BHPian

Mumbai Fiat Owners Club

Cyrus, I have been gathering info and contact nos to invite our Fiat owner friends for the coming Sunday meet. Chief guest Taxiwalla has been tentatively invited already. However, he is supposed to give a surprise appearance in mumbai on Wednesday for personal work. Lets hope we are able to catch up with him for brunch or lunch. Busy man!
However, I was just thinking that it being the monsoon most members may not want to bring out their indoor hidden beauties (including myself) but we will be happy to see them and their friends and families in whatever modes of transport they can manage.
Lets keep a central location between North and South mumbai to fall in and meet around 9 ish, giving time to the Sunday late risers.
From there we can drive to a commonly decided location for pet puja and interaction for our first meet. Lets decide upon a Club name and logo then. And Viola! we have A dedicated FIAT owners club in Mumbai - a very informal club - on the lines of FCCI Pune, where each individual owner is equally dedicated and responsible to make it happen and which welcomes not only Vintages or Classics but any stock, modified, unmodified FIAT ever seen on the road.
Later, once club name and logo is agreed upon, we can organise to make car stickers, key chains, caps an apparel to show off our solidarity and Team spirit.
Vow, I think Cyrus has got me excited!
Awaiting feedback and phone numbers / email id's of all members ready to join in.
If you wish to be an early bird call Cyrus Dhabbar on 98190 35163 or Rony Vesuna on 98202 37397 to confirm.
Remember - no strings attached. Plain pleasure and fun sport only.
Old 7th August 2007, 22:44   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Cyrus, I have been gathering info and contact nos to invite our Fiat owner friends for the coming Sunday meet. Chief guest Taxiwalla has been tentatively invited already. However, he is supposed to give a surprise appearance in mumbai on Wednesday for personal work. Lets hope we are able to catch up with him for brunch or lunch. Busy man!
However, I was just thinking that it being the monsoon most members may not want to bring out their indoor hidden beauties (including myself) but we will be happy to see them and their friends and families in whatever modes of transport they can manage.
Lets keep a central location between North and South mumbai to fall in and meet around 9 ish, giving time to the Sunday late risers.
From there we can drive to a commonly decided location for pet puja and interaction for our first meet. Lets decide upon a Club name and logo then. And Viola! we have A dedicated FIAT owners club in Mumbai - a very informal club - on the lines of FCCI Pune, where each individual owner is equally dedicated and responsible to make it happen and which welcomes not only Vintages or Classics but any stock, modified, unmodified FIAT ever seen on the road.
Later, once club name and logo is agreed upon, we can organise to make car stickers, key chains, caps an apparel to show off our solidarity and Team spirit.
Vow, I think Cyrus has got me excited!
Awaiting feedback and phone numbers / email id's of all members ready to join in.
If you wish to be an early bird call Cyrus Dhabbar on 98190 35163 or Rony Vesuna on 98202 37397 to confirm.
Remember - no strings attached. Plain pleasure and fun sport only.
i completely agree with you rony....the criteria for a place to meet up will be parking and something to eat so i have temporarily decided on this place called CREPPE STATION which i am told is in bandra on carter road..(near carter road ccd)...if any one has any other sugestion,it is welcome...also my email id is
cyrus_ccd@hotmail.com
please feel free to contact me for any further info..

also...if eating is not an isue, we can do it at five gardens as there will be plenty of parking space and place to sit...

but as i said earlier,sugestions are welcome...
so please go ahead and sugest something.
Old 7th August 2007, 23:07   #34
BHPian

Crepe Station area is fine with me. Plenty parking and good breakfast in that area.
Lets meet there, eat, chat and take a small convoy of Fiat enthusiasts through Carter Road and Bandstand provided it it convenient to all the enthusiasts.
Old 8th August 2007, 00:31   #35

Quote:

Crepe Station area is fine with me. Plenty parking and good breakfast in that area.
Lets meet there, eat, chat and take a small convoy of Fiat enthusiasts through Carter Road and Bandstand provided it it convenient to all the enthusiasts.
ok then...done deal..but lets make it at 10:00 am..also can u give me a rough idea of how many people will be coming..and if possible can someone get a laptop..
Old 8th August 2007, 22:19   #36
BHPian

Cyrus, I'm working on it and have been co-ordinating with Karl as well. But we are thinking that if we cannot get together over five members for this Sunday then we re-work all over next week to make sure we have better numbers to meet up subsequently on next Sunday. After all, it will be unfair for our Chief guest to come down all the way from Pune and address just 4 or 5 members. However, we still give it a try.....you from your end and me from here and lets hope we can confirm with all participants by Friday evening or so whether we meet or not.
Then 10.00 o'clock is also fine with me.
Old 8th August 2007, 23:28   #37

Quote:
Cyrus, I'm working on it and have been co-ordinating with Karl as well. But we are thinking that if we cannot get together over five members for this Sunday then we re-work all over next week to make sure we have better numbers to meet up subsequently on next Sunday. After all, it will be unfair for our Chief guest to come down all the way from Pune and address just 4 or 5 members. However, we still give it a try.....you from your end and me from here and lets hope we can confirm with all participants by Friday evening or so whether we meet or not.
Then 10.00 o'clock is also fine with me.
WELL..I WAS LOOKIN FORWARD TO IT BUT NEWAYS.....
Old 10th August 2007, 12:51   #38
BHPian

Sunday, 12th August 2007 Fiat Owners meet in Mumbai

Following Fiat Owners contacted and invited for joining us At Crepe Station, Bandra near CCD,(Carter Road) to meet on this Sunday.

1. Cyrus Dhabbar. confirmed yes (Dadar Parsi Colony - Fleet of Fiats)
2. Rony Vesuna. confirmed yes (Bandra - Tata Blocks - Premier President 1973)
3. Feroze Mehta. confirmed yes (Andheri - Fiat Super Select - Inquired worriedly, if parking available at Crepe Station. He was wanting to bring Hindustan Times Press.
4. Kaizad Engineer Tentative (Godrej Baug - Padmini with Contessa Engine)
Pilzad - my friend joining him from Godrej Baug.
5. Riyasp Kothawala. Confirmed yes (Tata Blocks - 93 Padmini)
6. Jayant Shah. Confirmed yes (Traditional Fiat Collector - Requesting to be picked up from Jaslok)
7. Peter Travasso. Confirmed yes (Mahim - Vintage Fiat - Requesting to be picked up from Mahim)
8. Pukzad Nasirabadwala Tentative (Tata Blocks - Fiat Uno Jubilee.)
9. Gogi Singh (Unavailable for contact) Karl pls help contact him.
10. Chowgale - no contact. Am still trying for his number?
11. Ashok Shah. Not interested in such events.
12. Ram Rao. No contact. Will keep trying.
13. Behram Dhabbar. Tentative. Cyrus, please convince Pappa.
Fiat cannot happen without his presence.
14. Darius Hodiwala. (Colaba - 57 Dukkar) Occupied with CA on Sunday.
Cannot make it.
15. Solanki's invited - Tentative (61, Special).

Karl, you are most cordially invited for your Blessings and varied experiences from the past which you can share with us and enlighten the participants in forming the Mumbai Fiat Owners Club.
We are only planning a meet between 10.00 and 12.00 this time. No rally.
Family n friends are welcome.

MODS - I hope that you can accomodate this thread here or else please do the needful.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Following Fiat Owners contacted and invited for joining us At Crepe Station, Bandra near CCD,(Carter Road) to meet on this Sunday.

1. Cyrus Dhabbar. confirmed yes (Dadar Parsi Colony - Fleet of Fiats)
2. Rony Vesuna. confirmed yes (Bandra - Tata Blocks - Premier President 1973)
3. Feroze Mehta. confirmed yes (Andheri - Fiat Super Select - Inquired worriedly, if parking available at Crepe Station. He was wanting to bring Hindustan Times Press.
4. Kaizad Engineer Tentative (Godrej Baug - Padmini with Contessa Engine)
Pilzad - my friend joining him from Godrej Baug.
5. Riyasp Kothawala. Confirmed yes (Tata Blocks - 93 Padmini)
6. Jayant Shah. Confirmed yes (Traditional Fiat Collector - Requesting to be picked up from Jaslok)
7. Peter Travasso. Confirmed yes (Mahim - Vintage Fiat - Requesting to be picked up from Mahim)
8. Pukzad Nasirabadwala Tentative (Tata Blocks - Fiat Uno Jubilee.)
9. Gogi Singh (Unavailable for contact) Karl pls help contact him.
10. Chowgale - no contact. Am still trying for his number?
11. Ashok Shah. Not interested in such events.
12. Ram Rao. No contact. Will keep trying.
13. Behram Dhabbar. Tentative. Cyrus, please convince Pappa.
Fiat cannot happen without his presence.
14. Darius Hodiwala. (Colaba - 57 Dukkar) Occupied with CA on Sunday.
Cannot make it.
15. Solanki's invited - Tentative (61, Special).

Karl, you are most cordially invited for your Blessings and varied experiences from the past which you can share with us and enlighten the participants in forming the Mumbai Fiat Owners Club.
We are only planning a meet between 10.00 and 12.00 this time. No rally.
Family n friends are welcome.

MODS - I hope that you can accomodate this thread here or else please do the needful.
Available, Contacted and Confirmed. Will be riding with and in any willing member's Fiat since mine will not be done till that time.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:53   #40
BHPian

How come our Mod ADITYA is not mentioned in the list ???? Addy arent you going with your Fiat.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:31   #41
BHPian

I have informed Ram Rao.

Although I don't own a Fiat, may I join the club?
Old 10th August 2007, 15:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Nice meet plan. Are ex Fiat owners allowed to come? This seems to be a very interesting meet. Is it compulsory to come in Fiat or can we come in our non classic Japanese sedans? (Read OHC). Is an F430 allowed? (Fiat parent compny after all)

Just kidding. Actually Aditya has a 62 Fiat. I could come with him. Addy where art thou?
Old 10th August 2007, 15:43   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Although I don't own a Fiat, may I join the club?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Are ex Fiat owners allowed to come? This seems to be a very interesting meet. Is it compulsory to come in Fiat or can we come in our non classic Japanese sedans? (Read OHC). Is an F430 allowed? (Fiat parent compny after all)
Just kidding. Actually Aditya has a 62 Fiat. I could come with him. Addy where art thou?
Guys, Cyrus wants people who own pre 1965 Fiats. He is tokin about a FIAT CLASSIC CAR CLUB. Here is post# 7 from this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
buddy i loved your mercs..u a member of the vintage and classic car club arent you...i am tokin about the FIAT CLASSIC CAR CLUB....u need to have a fiat for that..preferably pre 1965..
Old 10th August 2007, 15:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Ok Addys car qualifies. Its a 1962. If that doesnt workout. I'll park my Jap sedan far off where no one can see it and then walk to the meet venue
Old 10th August 2007, 16:03   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Ok Addys car qualifies. Its a 1962. If that doesnt workout. I'll park my Jap sedan far off where no one can see it and then walk to the meet venue
Definitely Addy's car qualifies. You forgot the alternative. All cabs are Fiats. You can take one for the meet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks