Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2007, 16:09   #61
Team-BHP Support

That's what happens when you have two D-I-Y guys (rice_tuner and myself) in a classic and it breaks down. All we ended up with was a lot of grease on ourselves and a missed Team-BHP meet.
What luck! A car that runs so beautifully most of the time breaks down on D-day! Looks like she loves my mom more than me.
Old 12th August 2007, 18:43   #62
BHPian

FCCCI - Mumbai meet

Aditya, you were not too far from the location we were at. Just one call to any of us and you could have given us a chance to show the Team spirit, Bro.
Anyways, Hope to see you on Sunday, October 7th, 2007 for the fun rally as jointly decided today.
Karl and Kiran - You were missed!
And Yes! I'm sure todays meet was a great source of encouragement for all the Fiat enthusiasts who participated today. We had a lot of discussion over breakfast with the oldest Fiat owner (Peter Travasso) and youngest Fiat enthusiast (Darius Dhabbar) in company.

FIAT - Here we come!
Old 12th August 2007, 19:49   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
October 7th, 2007 for the fun rally as jointly decided today.
Oct 7th? Great...very auspicious day!
Old 12th August 2007, 22:07   #64

hey guys..we had tons of fun today..thank you all for coming..missed aditya though..will upload pictures soon..
Old 13th August 2007, 01:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Historical Event: Formation and First Meet of the Fiat Classic Car Club Mumbai

I guess it was inevitable. A Bombay Chapter of the Fiat Classic Car Club. How else does one explain this thread which was started just a few days ago and presto, the Bombay Chapter was formed and a meet arranged all in just a few days, a few calls and a few posts. Thats enthusiasm for you.
Thank you all for coming. It was a lovely clear day, not very sunny but one could not call it overcast. President (Ronny) was to pick me up from my residence after picking up Peter Travasso. Which classic or vintage car enthusiast has'nt heard of him and his 1919 Fiat. The years are showing but his enthusiasm is on par with anyone of us, maybe a shade better. God Bless you Peter.
Due to a sudden change in plans I opted to drive myself as I might have to leave the meet for a while and get back. Jumped into my Innova (how ironic is that?!) since my Fiat was not yet ready and reached Crepe Station off Carter Road where we were scheduled to meet around 10.00 a.m.
I was alone and a few minutes early when i reached. I was told there would be atleast 10-15 of us so I made sure that they had room for us when we all came in.
Just then President pulled in, driving the 1221 LHD Fiat. Seated next to him was Peter. The grand old Fiat Man. Just as I was crossing the narrow lane to go and meet President and Peter, the rest of the gang pulled in together. A convoy of Fiats old and new and behind them in his Sonata V6, was Feroze (Uncle) Mehta. This was also attended by This is the first time I formally met many of the Members.
Firstly The President of the Fiat Classic Car Club Of India, Subhash Karmarkar, Behram Dhabhar (actually you can call him a Keeda of Fiats. I have yet to meet anyone with such a through knowledge of Fiats) and his two sons. We know his older son Cyrus Dhabhar. Then there was Riyasp Kothavala so famous for his English Policeman Act astride his spanking Norton on many a VCCCI rally, Pilzad who came in with Kaizad Engineer and many other friends whose names I do not remember, sorry mates im bad with names but appear anywhere before me and Ill recognise you, i swear. I also met an enthusiastic lot of youngsters, three i total actually, all from my area and we had never met. Guys welcome to the club.
It was a pleasure meeting all of those, whom I met for the first time and those whom I already knew from before viz, Ronny Vesunia aka President, his son who navigated my Golf Gti to victory in the last VCCCI rally ( and hes booked for the next 10 rallies as my navigator), Kaizad Engineer who made many a modded car eat his Fiat's Turbo-ed dust (armed with a turbo charged Contessa engine) in the last speed run, Feroze Mehta, and Peter Travasso.

After some formal introductions we all set out to occupy our little private dining place in Crepe Station. Food and car talk was the order of the day. Behram whipped out his laptop and showed us some extraordinary pics of fiats all over India. Out of all, his collection is worth seeing.
All of us registered for the Bombay Chapter of the Fiat Club and the Bombay Chapter was formed on this Day. A lot of brekfast was ordered. I remember ordering something taht was called Farmer's Breakfast or something. After the breakfast we all drove down to Carter Road and lined up the Fiats only for a picture. These ones I have posted so I do not appear in them. Hope someone has taken mine

Here are the pics.

The Formation of the Fiat Classic Car Club-Mumbai

Those who were present: Three are missing from this pic. Kaizad Engineer and his friend Pilzad who had left earlier and of course ME whos clicking away
Seated from left Feroze Mehta in a golf cap and Ronny's son- the super navigator flanked by two members who stay in my area. Seated behind is another enthusiast Pritam with Ronny in a cap, Cyrus Dhabar, Subhash Karmarkar, Peter Travasso. Seated Opposite in an orange and white striped T-shirt is Behram Dhabhar and his son. Standing next to Behram, is another member

The line up at the Crepe Station Parking

A well kept Padmini owned by an enthusiast whose name i forget

Another Well kept Padmini owned by the boys who live in my area.

A Uno Diesel owned by another enthusiast. I think his name was Pritam. Wonder how I remembered his name?/!! The Ferrari badgings ok after all Fiat owns Ferrari Yaar

Behram Dhabar's ride which he bought just recently. He is going to seriously modify this Padmini. Cant wait for it Behram. Guys keep your eyes on this one... and its going to turn Black

The Piece De Resistance. Ronny's Ex; The Fiat 1221 LHD.

Frankly guys I liked her in her original Metallic Grey & White shade better, This colour is too bling and Jhatak. Nevertheless it looks striking. Note the clean Engine Bay and neat Dash.

The line up at Carter Road. The owner' pride

As we were geting ready to leave, Behram notices this parked in a building close to where we were lined up

Shes a President all right but shes in bad shape. Theres rust all over and her and shes been practically eaten away by rust. But shes in original condition. Note the original meters (save one pricol) and bumpers with guards. Look at the steering and horn button. Can we have someone who is ready to take on another brave project. But the most important question yet.. Is it for sale??!!

Well I enjoyed the meet throughly and it was a pleasure to meet all who wee present. Missed all you guys who could'nt make it. Karlosdeville, Moralfibre, Dippy, Aditya, Khanak, SalilPawar, you were all missed. We have set a date for our next meet already. Its Going to be on the 7th of October which is again a Sunday. Guys you have been told. Please join in with your Fiats on that day for the second official meet. For those who have to get their cars fixed or restored, get cracking on it now. Im getting after mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
However, my beauties MRY3112 (fully restored 1964 super select) is safely parked in a closed garage in Nasik and my BLL4919 (fully restored 1988 Padmini) is safely parked in my garage in Pune. I do not use both these cars in the monsoon season. Therefore, I will bring MH01N5507, my 1994 Padmini which I can still use in the monsoon as it is in the "pre-restoration" stage.

Restoration has one problem as far as I am concerned - After restoration, I cannot use the car because I cannot park it anywhere, I cannot leave it alone, I have to pamper it all the time, so I feel that now I need to buy one more "normal" superselect which I can at least use everyday. Any suggestions on how to get over this dilemma ?
Behram Dhabhar
Behram, your cars are beautiful and a treat to the eyes. Especially the MRY 3112. Guys, this beauty has Zenons!!
Post some pics Behram

Last edited by V-16 : 13th August 2007 at 01:31. Reason: add
Old 13th August 2007, 01:53   #66
Senior - BHPian

I overslept and missed the meet, My apologies to the FCCC of Mumbai and especially to Aditya, When Aditya called me and told me about what happened I was still kinda asleep and couldnt really understand what he was saying,

Last edited by khanak : 13th August 2007 at 01:56.
Old 13th August 2007, 02:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

gogi bhai the pictures have'nt come could you please post them again. thank you. congratulation FCCC on your maiden event. hope you all have many more events and hopefully some time in the future i too can be a part of it. have to get myself a fiat. working on it hope the deal goes through.
Old 13th August 2007, 09:40   #68
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations guys on getting together and having fun. It is fun when a bunch of car crazy folks are put together. Gogi, the pictures aren't visible. Some problem with photobucket I believe.

And buddy that writeup took me through the entire meet as if I was there with you folks. Makes perfect material for printing out a club invitation cover.

Great job!
Old 13th August 2007, 09:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Nice meet report Gogi. Unfortunate I missed out. Will try and come on 7th October for sure. But hey pics arent showing
Old 13th August 2007, 12:41   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, awesome guys! I guess it'll be even better if t he club branches out to other states/cities!
Gogi, am really impatient bout seeing the pics.!
Any other site where they can be viewed?
Old 13th August 2007, 13:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Gawd, photo bucket probs i guess, somehow showing in my comp. Will repost them via Imageshack as soon a si get back to my comp. Am on the office laptop out now. Say by evening. And thanks for reading guys.
Old 13th August 2007, 16:56   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Peter is inspiration for us all. The car has been in his family since 1930! He came down last year for the 15th Aug rally in Pune, they drove the car the whole way, in tremendous rain, with an excuse for a canvas top and no side windows. Took him 10 hours to come, 11 hours to go back! We wish him good health.

Thats his car in Pune, me in the drivers seat as Ram looks on.

And this is Subhash with Rony's 1100D, just after he unfortunately sold it. If only I had caught him one week earlier...

Old 13th August 2007, 20:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

[quote=karlosdeville;531190]Peter is inspiration for us all. The car has been in his family since 1930! He came down last year for the 15th Aug rally in Pune, they drove the car the whole way, in tremendous rain, with an excuse for a canvas top and no side windows. Took him 10 hours to come, 11 hours to go back! We wish him good health.=quote]

i can expect that from mr travaso. used to see his car at most of the rally's in bom and pune. one fine machine. his spirit cannot be matched by anyone of us today. u can slow him down but you can stop him. hats off to him.
why did ronnie sell off his car. it was really nice used to see it standing outside his house everyday while going home. unique in its own right.
Old 13th August 2007, 22:14   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
And this is Subhash with Rony's 1100D, just after he unfortunately sold it. If only I had caught him one week earlier...

Wowwww lovely car!! I still remember first reading about the same car put up for sale by the then owner in an ad in Auto India around 1999!
Also 'was just pitying the novice junta who'd look at it & think..ho-hum...just another fiat/padmini!
Btw, wasnt it he who also had the powder blue 1100 special, which he unfortunately sold as well?
And any idea as to why the indicators had been blanked out?

Last edited by Stanher : 13th August 2007 at 22:17.
Old 13th August 2007, 23:59   #75

here you go guys..for people who have not seen the cars pics.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...at-1100-a.html

Last edited by normally_crazy : 15th September 2007 at 18:10. Reason: Please do not quote the whole post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks