Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 13:04   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Canonball,

nowadays some guys have gone and made the ''quoted'' prices of SS80 maruti also sky high,you may remember the powder blue ss80with alloy wheels being quoted at Rs1.5lakhs!!!!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th July 2009 at 18:39. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 11th July 2009, 00:03   #1487
BANNED

Guys,

Could we move on, No one's gaining anything from mud-slinging.

We are Automobile enthusiasts, and lets remain such in our own ways.

The world is small, we all may face each other some day some where.

Without further deviating..... I just came across a Herald/Gazel available in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc07643.jpg  

Old 12th July 2009, 21:34   #1488
BHPian

110 looking for a new home

110/200 D belongs to a friend who bought it to restore, unfortunately an unexpected move abroad forced him to abandon the project.The car is for sale anyone interested please pm.The car is in Bangalore.
Only serious enquiries please.

Cheers,
SG
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-phone-pictures-030.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-phone-pictures-032.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-phone-pictures-034.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th July 2009 at 21:18. Reason: Moved back to the appropriate thread now that it has been re-opened.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:23   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Hey there is one Elegent up for sale, complete with 118 NE engine, gearbox and differential, the interior is completly modified with bucket seats, new steering wheel, instrument panel and as such, the front headlamp is of Ambassador Avigo. The same car was discussed elsewere in the form. More info after I meet the owner.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:13   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Hey there is one Elegent up for sale, complete with 118 NE engine, gearbox and differential, the interior is completly modified with bucket seats, new steering wheel, instrument panel and as such, the front headlamp is of Ambassador Avigo. The same car was discussed elsewere in the form. More info after I meet the owner.
Well I would not catgorize it as a "classic available" nor would i call it an elegant. " "Elegant No more!"
Old 15th July 2009, 16:47   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire i think your split screen is being quoted at 10L because the guy does not want to sell it and being bugged by people - just so that you and I are on the same page he is a Goan in Mumbai with several beetles - I keep losing count as every week I vist my VW restorer friends workshop there is a new beetle in for work from this guy. This is what I got from him so if it is the same guy. Given his son a herby replica.

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
girishpv & spitfire let me know if you want a Baywindow

Last edited by canonball : 15th July 2009 at 16:56.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:04   #1492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Spitfire i think your split screen is being quoted at 10L because the guy does not want to sell it and being bugged by people - just so that you and I are on the same page he is a Goan in Mumbai with several beetles - I keep losing count as every week I vist my VW restorer friends workshop there is a new beetle in for work from this guy. This is what I got from him so if it is the same guy. Given his son a herby replica.
The gentleman in question does not own the blue and white GDA regd split screen van that Spitfire had posted that he owned earlier. (Am I right spitfire?). That van has gone to a large Delhi collection.

The gent in Bombay that you speak of has a green and white split screen that came from Rajasthan, and is not for sale. I call him Oscar Schindler - you figure out why!
Old 15th July 2009, 17:10   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Well I would not catgorize it as a "classic available" nor would i call it an elegant. " "Elegant No more!"
this car was earlier discussed in some threads, if you keep aside the originality aspect, the car is a gem to have.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:50   #1494
Senior - BHPian

karl his car is black with white top and bhala on bandh did the resto job which I have been given to understand was not good! Not sure of its origins or paint scheme or the nickname. He quoted 10 L as he was being bugged to sell it by another bug like him. This guy is aggresively persistant to get other to sell . Now that I remeber yes this is not spitfire's car as this one was restored some years ago.

If spitfires car is gone to a collection they may be qouting 10 L just to get someone of their backs as well don't you reckon?

If so spitfire, ajay and I are vindicated in our earlier stand

Last edited by canonball : 15th July 2009 at 17:54.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:21   #1495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
karl his car is black with white top and bhala on bandh did the resto job which I have been given to understand was not good! Not sure of its origins or paint scheme or the nickname. He quoted 10 L as he was being bugged to sell it by another bug like him. This guy is aggresively persistant to get other to sell . Now that I remeber yes this is not spitfire's car as this one was restored some years ago.

If spitfires car is gone to a collection they may be qouting 10 L just to get someone of their backs as well don't you reckon?

If so spitfire, ajay and I are vindicated in our earlier stand
The gent in Bombay does not have a black and white split screen, I am quite sure. He does have a couple of bay windows. One Baywindow was being restored at Bhalla, I have not seen it since he bought it.

I have no idea about how much who is quoting for whoever's van (or why), as I simply cannot afford one at this point, even for a pittance
Old 15th July 2009, 18:51   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Good for you

You want to bet your black VW on that?

--------------

Ok I got to the bottom of it the car was primered in black and top was before it was painted at bhalas therefore my confusion he still has the split screen in green and white it was painted twice.

Spitfire the same guy who karl is talking about bought a baywindow being restored at my friends place for 15k!! less than a year ago Although this guy is a "kida" so could get extreme price and the car needed ground up much like the one you provided the link to. One can be had far less than 3 lacs!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th July 2009 at 21:17. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:25   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
There are certainly not many of these cars available. The important question is: does she still have the original engine + gearbox? If yes,......
Now important is the price.....
Probably registered in compnay name, double tax, so tax bill can be huge. So, what is the price? There was one available in Delhi, rusty, partially dismantled and asking was 10L. That was tooooo much, but if the price is good go in for this. What say, V16?
I couldnt agree more. W108s are not many for the taking. I have paid for a W108 which i have not seen personally. I thought the price was a bit high but then Harit convinced me otherwise. I am a bit of a tight-wad you might say.

Price is always important. I have seen cars sell for much much less than quoted price, in some instances so less that when offered, i didnt want to make such a counter offer for fear of insulting the guy, i have learnt a lot since then. The procedure is simple, if you find the price is right, buy it. If you feel its been quoted to high, offer your price but be reasonable, you will get monkeys for peanuts (thats why Rudy has not been able to get his dukkar till now).

Of course, dealers in Delhi, i find is always quoting prices X 3 or higher than what its worth, sorry nothing against Delhi except maybe a few of those, who feel they have a licence to get more money but such people even exist here and everywhere.

Simple: If the price appeals to you, Go get it.

Quote:
I bought my MG for 12K, today you cannot find one for 20L! But don't ask when that was.
And what did you pay for your Chargers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

Fact of the matter is, VW Vans are going out of the country. When I came to know, I grabbed a split screen. Now Splitscreens are hardly available. And Baywindows are going the same way. If you want one, the grab it.
Couldnt agree more... there are still some available for a a price which was not considered reasonable a few years ago but is now. So (In Sachin Tendulkar's voice) "Go gate eet!"!!
Old 15th July 2009, 19:31   #1498
Senior - BHPian

V-16 I doubt you will get a straight anwere to the charger question Good one convey's my sentiments on the presvious pages as well.

You are the first collector who is keeping real and sensible by your statements above lets hope everyone can keep it in control
Old 15th July 2009, 20:05   #1499
Senior - BHPian

a 1980 MG convertible was sold from kerala for 5 lakhs an year ago.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:20   #1500
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
(Am I right spitfire?). That van has gone to a large Delhi collection.
@canonball: Karl's right. And a well known collector at that. I am surprised it is up for sale or maybe its a ploy to keep away buyers like you said.

Quote:
I call him Oscar Schindler - you figure out why!
I think i know why

Quote:
Spitfire the same guy who karl is talking about bought a baywindow being restored at my friends place for 15k!! less than a year ago
If i am not mistaken that bay window came from Goa too. But its not any i know or have seen.

Out of the classic cars scene now. That is until i find the holy grail of VW's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks