Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 23:10   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Of course im not serious you missed my point entirely!
Old 13th September 2007, 23:21   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Of course im not serious you missed my point entirely!
offourse i know you were not serious , you missed my point too. you made a wish and so did i, now we are both back to reality.
Old 14th September 2007, 10:52   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Ideally, these cars should be for 10k each, mint, with no expense, and all original fittings, new tyres, battreys, low milage single caring owner.
Might I add single caring PARSI owner!
Old 15th September 2007, 22:52   #199
BHPian

W115 Available in Bangalore

Here is a 1975 Mercedes W115, available in Bangalore for sale, I call the owner a week ago enquiring about the sale of the car and had to wait all this while to se ethe car since he was out of the city.

I had a first look at the car this afternoon, and here is a report of the same and some pic as well.

Single owner car
LHD
Has the original engine, but very noisy. No black smoke, exhaust seems fine.
Body needs some work due to dents and scratches, front grill in good condition, but missing emblem.
Front headlight rim missing
Suspension seems ok, went aroung for a small drive all I could hear was the engine noise and didnt feel anything negative with the suspension.

There are many enthusiasts who are keen on buying this car and have offered more than 70,000 for the car, However I have left an offer for 60,000. Let me know if this is OK price to be offered or what will be the best price to be offered.

Pix,

Old 15th September 2007, 23:00   #200
BHPian

Some more pic, since Imageshack was not loading pix.

Original seats,

Old 16th September 2007, 02:06   #201
Senior - BHPian

Srisha, the amount you have offered is absolutely fine. If the car is an Automatic and has power steering (which I think it should have) then even 70K is fine. Personally i think that you'll be the highest bidder.
With what I can see from the pics, the car does need a lot of work.
The body looks streamlined but for the right hand side. One can tell that is has been in the hands of an inexperienced driver who is not used to a LHD so the RHS is more scrapped than the left. Rust can be seen in the wheel arches, the lower door panels and behind the show strips or the show patti as we call it. you will be surprised to find rust in places which you would have never imagined. The fire wall and the flooring, inside the wheel wells, roof,door bottoms etc etc so be prepared. If there is a less amount then thats a bonus. Needs tyres too. Sourcing parts shouldn't be a problem and they are no tthat expensive. There are many shops from where one can get all the engine (the diesel parts are more easily available), suspension parts but the body garnishes will be a tad difficult to get. You may manage to find the headlight trim and the rear light cluster, (one of them is repaired). With a little bit of snooping one can find a #new set of windscreen rubbers (front and rear) too but the side strips or pattis, you will most definitely never find brand new. You would be needing a few. Even the wheel caps are available. Actually the 115 is a good model to buy now as almost everything is available.
Now coming to something that is not visible from the pics. Hows the interior? because if thats not ok then you would have to source someone who knows his car interiors to do the work keeping originality in mind.
I think you have made a fair offer. if the cars an automatic look for any shifting problems.
Do take another long test drive in traffic and now be careful to notice these things.
1) Does the car temperature rise above normal running temp
2) When you start the car, rev her up to see if the oil pressure guage shows the maximum when revved. This is a sign of a healthy engine.
3) take the car in small bye lanes and roll the windows down. You will now hear sounds which were not audible in the open road. Its like an echo. All squeaks and thuds will now be amplified.
4) Pop open the hood and check for back pressure. That sa bad sign
5) Check for Vibrations or juddering when idling, that would mean the car is missing
6) see if all the doors and windows close and open properly.
My estimate would be
#Tin and Paint with labour(scrap) approx 1.00-1.25 lakh
#Engine suspension tweaking ( most probably will need new mounts and bushes. also the brake master cylinder kit etc) another 20K
Then the other stuff like garnishes, star pattis wheel caps rubbers: another 20K
Tyres (set of 5): 30K

So you have on yourself a very well restored and good car within the range of
2:0-2:50 lakhs give or take a few thousand.
My advice, if you spend well in the beginning, you wont have to keep going to the garage and you can drive this baby as a daily driver. Shes good for another 100K kms at least.
If you can post the interior pics.
If you need any help from me, just ask.
If you ask me, for 60 K I would have bought it.

Last edited by V-16 : 16th September 2007 at 02:07.
Old 16th September 2007, 02:59   #202
Senior - BHPian

srisha with gogi bhai completely and when the mercedes expert has spoken i do not need to give in my input.
all i have to say is that it would be a good buy and the offer made by you is proper for the car in this condition. you gat everything for it and even the side patti's can be sourced or if you could have it made. like gogi bhai said i would not think twice before buying the car at that price. wish you all the luck.
Old 16th September 2007, 08:06   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
I have been seeing a similar model in the Classic (used) cards outlet in Jayanagar. Havent been able to go in and check the car, but it is sparkling & shining.
Old 16th September 2007, 10:33   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I have been seeing a similar model in the Classic (used) cards outlet in Jayanagar. Havent been able to go in and check the car, but it is sparkling & shining.
Condor,

I have posted the same car in this section, a few pages back. Its at Jayanagar 9th block Classic Automobiles, and its a Morris Minor 1000 and the asking price is 3lakhs.
Old 16th September 2007, 14:46   #205
BHPian

This 1942 Ford is for sale on ebay. Buy it now price is 4.5L

LINK
Old 16th September 2007, 14:54   #206
BHPian

This is available for 75000/- on ebay.

Old 16th September 2007, 15:30   #207
Senior - BHPian

GS these guys are going crazy with the jeep prices. before posting the guy must have seen the other jeep posted at 5lacs. then thought of reduceing 50 thousand so that people would buy his jeep.
Old 16th September 2007, 15:32   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
GS these guys are going crazy with the jeep prices. before posting the guy must have seen the other jeep posted at 5lacs. then thought of reduceing 50 thousand so that people would buy his jeep.
Yes they are and that other Jeep for 5L has been put up for sale again.
Old 16th September 2007, 16:50   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
This is available for 75000/- on ebay.

From what I can see its not worth that much...the side-trims, headlights, stering wheel & hubcaps are not original (& God knows what else!).....
Even otherwise 75k is not what any fiat 1100 should be worth (IMHO)....! Maybe it would in 10-15 years time but not now...
I seldom trust anything on ebay auctions & decide to steer clear of them.....you have to keep bidding higher & higher even exceeding what the item may actually have been worth!
I'd once come across a Standard Gazel manual on ebay UK & went into bidding for it.....but ultimately lost to a Herald enthusiast I knew in the UK!

Last edited by Stanher : 16th September 2007 at 16:53.
Old 16th September 2007, 16:55   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Yes they are and that other Jeep for 5L has been put up for sale again.
Its on sale in every jeep site you click on. The guy must be desperate to find a sucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
From what I can see its not worth that much...the side-trims, headlights, stering wheel & hubcaps are not original (& God knows what else!).....
Even otherwise 75k is not what any fiat 1100 should be worth (IMHO)....! Maybe it would in 10-15 years time but not now...
I seldom trust anything on ebay auctions & decide to steer clear of them.....you have to keep bidding higher & higher even exceeding what the item may actually have been worth!
I'd once come across a Standard Gazel manual on ebay UK & went into bidding for it.....but ultimately lost to a Herald enthusiast I knew in the UK!
Your Humble Opinion is absolutely shared by me. Ebay is sometimes good for parts, definately not for cars (Ebay India that is)

Most Viewed