Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2007, 21:41   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Yes they are and that other Jeep for 5L has been put up for sale again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I seldom trust anything on ebay auctions & decide to steer clear of them.....you have to keep bidding higher & higher even exceeding what the item may actually have been worth!
I'd once come across a Standard Gazel manual on ebay UK & went into bidding for it.....but ultimately lost to a Herald enthusiast I knew in the UK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Its on sale in every jeep site you click on. The guy must be desperate to find a sucker.

Your Humble Opinion is absolutely shared by me. Ebay is sometimes good for parts, definately not for cars (Ebay India that is)
the jeep was never pulled off the guy just extended the time again. but anyways his price of 5lacs would not be matched at all and i doubt there would be people bidding above a certain amount.
as per my experience dealing with bidding sites is that no matter how much you bid the price is always beaten by another till the desired amount of the product has been left behind. the other bidder turns out to be either someone known to the owner or the owner itself bidding with another id.
i never bid on this sites any more rather pay more and go have a look then bid and play blind.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:32   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's another 1100 select at one of the scrapwalas here again....but much better than the previous (grey) one (which was eventually broken).....although not too original......plus its got a Daihatsu Diesel engine....the original papers he said are with the owner while he's got the xerox....havent spoken to him bout the price as yet but he said he's gonna hang onto it only for today before finally breaking it.

Old 9th October 2007, 16:05   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Here's another 1100 select at one of the scrapwalas here again....but much better than the previous (grey) one (which was eventually broken).....although not too original......plus its got a Daihatsu Diesel engine....the original papers he said are with the owner while he's got the xerox....havent spoken to him bout the price as yet but he said he's gonna hang onto it only for today before finally breaking it.

This car looks quiet good in condition.

Why would anyone want to scrap it ?
Old 9th October 2007, 16:20   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
This car looks quiet good in condition.

Why would anyone want to scrap it ?
Precisely the same thought I had.......
Thats why I've posted it here in case anyone wants to salvage it. One of our tbhpians did consider it & wants to take a look at it though...'have decided to go there tomorrow evening as I'm not feeling too well today.

Last edited by Stanher : 9th October 2007 at 16:22.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:26   #215
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys am looking for a noice super select, and 1955 dukkar all original in good condition for my next project. Will pay around max 20-25 for it if in Mumbai and near about. Am offered a great super select all original and no timwork needed. New paint job (horriblr mettalic bling bling green so thats why i have to consider doing a paint job as well) and asking, yes asking 30. Should be able to settle for 25 but then getting the car from MP to here will be another 10K. so have offered 20... lets see. Please tell me if anyone has cars like that for sale. My car should be up and about soon. Check the new updates.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...1+italian+fiat
Old 9th October 2007, 20:45   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Hey guys am looking for a noice super select, and 1955 dukkar all original in good condition for my next project. Will pay around max 20-25 for it if in Mumbai and near about.
bhai you might want to check on the andheri link road. i had seen a black 55 fiat on the road and looked very neglected. this is on the same road my workshop is and stands outside a citibank shop.
Old 18th October 2007, 00:08   #217

hey gogi...i am first in line for the 55 dukkar...lol
Old 19th October 2007, 01:07   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
:sigh:.......here's another one that I wasnt able to save and so ends up biting the dust!
A week after I first saw this car when I & my mech. contacted the scrapwala with no news of any buyers he had by then lost his patience & had begun parting out the car, the rims & tyres being sold off to someone already (pity 'cause I'd wanted the front ones!)....we were to take off the door trims but someone bought off all 4 doors, glass, seats just after we left yesterday!
We did manage to take most of what we wanted yesterday & today though...so atleast it served the other purpose as a parts donor....
Incidentally, the pattis on the front wings, I later realised, were herald ones- the longest ones that come on the rear wings- cut to fit this car!

He said he's getting another old fiat soon though......le' see.....

Last edited by Stanher : 19th October 2007 at 01:08.
Old 19th October 2007, 01:10   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
hey gogi...i am first in line for the 55 dukkar...lol
I thought your dad was?? Or are you both together?
Old 19th October 2007, 03:00   #220

Quote:
I thought your dad was?? Or are you both together?
i want one so i can make one myself..with help from dad obviously...but i want a dukkar only...

i am bored with the premier padmini now..
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:00   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a 1964 mk1 Herald up for sale at B'lore, owned by a friend....this is one of 2 Heralds he owns (the other one being a 67 mk2) plus a Gazel.....he's likely to move abroad shortly so has asked me to help him with selling any of his cars....he bought the car a couple of years ago (which was when these pics. were taken), was originally powder blue, exterior was thereafter done up, although could do with a better job....bonnet was slightly misaligned (as seen in the pics.) which had also been rectified eventually....is quite original although unfortunately he had kept it parked outside a restoration garage & hadnt been to check on it too often so some of the interior parts viz. the sunvisors, inner door handles & the headlights have recently been stolen off the car!
He's asking quite a decent price for it......anyone interested please pm me & I'll forward you my friend's contact no......
Note: Pics. uploaded with his permission hence not blanking out the plates.

Old 3rd November 2007, 00:45   #222
Senior - BHPian

stanher the car is in good condition and it is a pity your friend is selling it. i shall ask my friend as he was looking out for a small car. will pm you if he is interested. hope it gets a good home.
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:51   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is an early ('65) delight for sale at the scrapyard.....happens tio be a 1-owner car, quite original but needs some tinwork mainly on the flooring...papers clear/valid upto 2008...incidentally this car seems to've originally been the same colour as my delight- pink!
He's asking 25k but will come down to 21-22......said he's gonna hang onto it only for today, following which he's going to scrap it!

[img=http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9986/img0049cw3.th.jpg]

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd November 2007 at 14:02.
Old 22nd November 2007, 17:30   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

I must say the line looks very clean. This car can come up to a very good standard. Wish I had some loose change to spare!
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:11   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Wish I had some loose change to spare!
'wish someone here has some loose change to spare!
Hmm.......and going by the overwhelming response I've had to this today I think I have a pretty good idea who that someone is.....!

As you said, it indeed is a very decent car & would hate to know its going to the hackers!

Most Viewed