Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 06:59   #226
BHPian

OMG, it the same car "Pune bike" was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Here's a 1964 mk1 Herald up for sale at B'lore, owned by a friend....this is one of 2 Heralds he owns (the other one being a 67 mk2) plus a Gazel.....he's likely to move abroad shortly so has asked me to help him with selling any of his cars....he bought the car a couple of years ago (which was when these pics. were taken), was originally powder blue, exterior was thereafter done up, although could do with a better job....bonnet was slightly misaligned (as seen in the pics.) which had also been rectified eventually....is quite original although unfortunately he had kept it parked outside a restoration garage & hadnt been to check on it too often so some of the interior parts viz. the sunvisors, inner door handles & the headlights have recently been stolen off the car!
He's asking quite a decent price for it......anyone interested please pm me & I'll forward you my friend's contact no......
Note: Pics. uploaded with his permission hence not blanking out the plates.

Old 23rd November 2007, 21:12   #227
BHPian

Yes it sure is, have a call to the owner will let you know if it materializes....
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:28   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes he's looking for the same one but unfortunately my friend (the owner) I'm told is away in the US! No idea when he's coming back.
Old 24th November 2007, 01:15   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh sorry forgot to post in my last post- finally got the pennant's RC book today!! It turns out've previously been in Pune although the old regn. no. (MHU ****) is of the mid/late 60s as confirmed by Karl.....yet the cover of the book says "State of Bombay", which should've dated back to the pre-MH period...!
Also it turns out the ex-(registered) owner wasnt really an enthusiast but an employee in a company that gave him a monthly petrol allowance if he had a car so he'd bought this car for the same purpose....around 18 years ago going by the date of transfer mentioned!
They said we'll be getting the transfer forms with his sign in a week's time.

Anyways, after like 3 long weeks of waiting, anxiety & intermittent disappointments, the pennant is finally formally 'adopted'!
Old 17th December 2007, 23:21   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Gogi- this is especially for you as you said you were looking for a similar model fiat- do contact me ASAP if your interested!

Here's a Super select that has come to the same scrapwala here....doesnt look the best in body condition, especially the doors but has most of the original stuff intact....seems to have been fitted with a gas connection, which can be deducted from the deal......

The guy is quoting 35k.....

He'd come down to 22-23k at the most....yet to look at the papers though...will look at them tomorrow although he said he'll hold on to it only for 1-2 days more!

Sorry unable to upload more pics. of the car with imageshack acting up again! 'have to be content looking at these for now.....
Old 18th December 2007, 00:13   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's a 1964 mk1 Herald up for sale at B'lore, owned by a friend....this is one of 2 Heralds he owns (the other one being a 67 mk2) plus a Gazel.....he's likely to move abroad shortly so has asked me to help him with selling any of his cars....he bought the car a couple of years ago (which was when these pics. were taken), was originally powder blue, exterior was thereafter done up, although could do with a better job....bonnet was slightly misaligned (as seen in the pics.) which had also been rectified eventually....is quite original although unfortunately he had kept it parked outside a restoration garage & hadnt been to check on it too often so some of the interior parts viz. the sunvisors, inner door handles & the headlights have recently been stolen off the car!
He's asking quite a decent price for it......anyone interested please pm me & I'll forward you my friend's contact no......
Note: Pics. uploaded with his permission hence not blanking out the plates.

Im interested with a CAPITAL "I" Please keep me informed
Old 18th December 2007, 09:04   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Im interested with a CAPITAL "I" Please keep me informed
Surely! But unfortunately my friend who owns the car is in the US now and has left his cars unattended back home- he jus emailed me once to tell me that! 'havent heard from him since despite replying....

Last edited by Stanher : 18th December 2007 at 09:06.
Old 18th December 2007, 10:07   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics. of the super-select:

Last edited by Stanher : 18th December 2007 at 10:15.
Old 18th December 2007, 11:28   #234
BHPian

Quote:
He'd come down to 22-23k at the most....yet to look at the papers though...will look at them tomorrow although he said he'll hold on to it only for 1-2 days more!
Stanher,
Can you let me know what the price works out to. Oh! btw, any word on the Vauxhall...
-Auto
Old 18th December 2007, 13:18   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automannj View Post
Stanher,
Can you let me know what the price works out to. Oh! btw, any word on the Vauxhall...
-Auto
Hey sorry totally forgot to follow-up with the Vauxhall! But I did pass by that place yesterday- they were cleaning up the car.....I guess its going to be moved out of there finally!

So are you seriously interested in the super select? If so will goahead to talk to the guy tomorrow (not going out as I'm not feeling well today.)
Old 18th December 2007, 14:18   #236
BHPian

Quote:
So are you seriously interested in the super select? If so will goahead to talk to the guy tomorrow (not going out as I'm not feeling well today.)
Let me know the price and I'll check on the finance to pay for it.
Old 1st January 2008, 19:27   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are 2 more classics turned up at 2 diffferent scrapwalas here....first one is a '59-60 Austin Cambridge A55 Mk2 (going by the "taller" tail-fins)....looks quite complete and bodily solid enough with what looks like minimal rust...only thing is its an out-of-state car so I'm yet to know the status of the papers (ie. whether they have the NOC etc.) although the guy said he'd personally help in getting the papers thru the owner provided someone is serious in buying it. He said he can hang onto it for just a couple of days only as its taking up a lot of parking space to keep.
Presently quoting a rather atrocious price for it! but am sure he would come down to a reasonable amount.

'havent seen the engine etc. as yet as the car is locked from outside.

Anyone seriously interested in salvaging this car please contact me asap.

Last edited by Stanher : 1st January 2008 at 19:41.
Old 1st January 2008, 20:15   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

This car looks way too complete and solid to scrap. It would be a shame! Gogiji, Speedyji, scoobyji you listening?
Old 1st January 2008, 21:34   #239
Senior - BHPian

Real saad that this car has come to be torn apart. it seems the qwner was quite proud of his 'ARMY' atatus! Wonder why he let the car to be broken down!
Btw, stanher, which is the other car u mentioned??
Old 1st January 2008, 21:53   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the other one I saw there (some images took a little long to upload!)- a select...this too looks reasonably complete....and also not too bad apart from the rust around the rear as circled, & a little on the doors (just below the window on the driver's door), which should be restorable....the guy said the papers are there but the regn. needs to be renewed....he's quoting 25k....but would come down eventually....

My mechanic says its been damaged at the centre pillar though...as the front/driver's door's setting is crooked.....could anyone confirm this from the pic.s?

More pics. coming up....again, those interested please contact me rightaway!

Last edited by Stanher : 1st January 2008 at 22:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks