Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 09:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, been able to upload a pic. of the same car's interior!

Old 7th August 2007, 13:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nope sorry Speedy, none that I knopw of at the moment.....looking for another one myself, although a non-runner to use as a parts car!
Nice to hear that there was a Herald in your family too.....how I wish my dad had one too!
Any pics. left of your dad's old car??
thanks stanher i would have to hunt for them he keeps them away from my reach. seen his passion for the car, never was it touched by a mechanic he did everything on his own. most of my sundays were spent with dad and the car. sky blue in colour, how i miss the car
Old 7th August 2007, 20:44   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
GOOD NEWS!! The aforementioned '57 fiat has finally been saved today, bought by Suren!!
Old 7th August 2007, 20:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Great to hear. Now keep us updated on the progress.
Old 7th August 2007, 21:04   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Sure, although I'll have to leave most of it to Suren...btw, Karl, about our talk on phone today, sorry totally forgot to mention- there is No Life Tax here in AP, it'd been abolished for vehicles over 15 years of age back in the mid 80s itself. So thats one thing that thankfully neednt be worried about!
And yea 'managed to settle the deal at 26k...'thought the guy would never agree to go below 30, the way he was acting so adamant when we were with him!
Old 7th August 2007, 21:08   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
thanks stanher i would have to hunt for them he keeps them away from my reach. seen his passion for the car, never was it touched by a mechanic he did everything on his own. most of my sundays were spent with dad and the car. sky blue in colour, how i miss the car
Wow, he really must've loved the car if he keeps even its pics. away form your reach!
Sky blue, I guess was what was known as Powder blue in the company literature....was the upholstery black or grey?
Old 7th August 2007, 21:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great to hear. Now keep us updated on the progress.
yes, happened to meet suren and stanher in the evening, both negotiated a good deal for the fiat (center light model). suren is taking the delivery of the vehicle on day after tomarrow.

Plans are in to get this baby rolling for the rally on 15th august.
Old 7th August 2007, 21:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, he really must've loved the car if he keeps even its pics. away form your reach!
Sky blue, I guess was what was known as Powder blue in the company literature....was the upholstery black or grey?
he really adored the car it was his pride and joy. i had my building garage dedicated with spares and collectibles of the car. it was powder blue in company literature. the upholstery was black. this was in the 80's.
he took the car to indore and a relitive of mine liked the car so much that he kept it. my dad was heart broken. each visit to indore it was a ritual to visit the car, more like going to a temple
Old 10th August 2007, 10:07   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Well guys, for a while it didnt seem to turn out entirely as per our expectations towards the end, with the scrapguy insisting we pay him a little more, claiming tat some other 'party' had seen the car just after we left on the 1st day & offered him that price....& we (or rather Suren!) did eventually agree & have the deal settled.....but we had a host of other challenges waiting for us yesterday when we (with Suren & kkr2k2) went over to get the car started, ready with battery & petrol....it turned out the guy lost the car keys, claiming that the other 'party' who wanted to buy her took off with the keys & he couldnt trace them....how irresponsible could you get!
Did manage to get the car open.....then had some trouble with its points & distributor, refusing to start even way until twilight.....which ended up with the guy arranging for a jeep to have her towed to the nearest garage where I'm getting my select done up, just to get her away from that slaughter-yard. Anyways, all's well that ends well!
My mech. is gonna start working on her from today onwards...hope we could get her ready in time for the rally on 15th aug....
I managed to fit the side trim on the left front wing back on....so looks complete on one side atleast!

Tried uploading more pics. but imageshack is acting up again & I'm in a hurry to go out now.....so later!

Last edited by Stanher : 10th August 2007 at 10:09.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well guys, for a while it didnt seem to turn out entirely as per our expectations towards the end, with the scrapguy insisting we pay him a little more, claiming tat some other 'party' had seen the car just after we left on the 1st day & offered him that price....& we (or rather Suren!) did eventually agree & have the deal settled.....but we had a host of other challenges waiting for us yesterday when we (with Suren & kkr2k2) went over to get the car started, ready with battery & petrol....it turned out the guy lost the car keys, claiming that the other 'party' who wanted to buy her took off with the keys & he couldnt trace them....how irresponsible could you get!
Did manage to get the car open.....then had some trouble with its points & distributor, refusing to start even way until twilight.....which ended up with the guy arranging for a jeep to have her towed to the nearest garage where I'm getting my select done up, just to get her away from that slaughter-yard. Anyways, all's well that ends well!
My mech. is gonna start working on her from today onwards...hope we could get her ready in time for the rally on 15th aug....
I managed to fit the side trim on the left front wing back on....so looks complete on one side atleast!

Tried uploading more pics. but imageshack is acting up again & I'm in a hurry to go out now.....so later!
that is a normal prectice with the scrappers stanher to increase the price of the car. it happened to me a couple of times too. thank god you guys did'nt back off and saved the car. i'm sure the keys are with the guy and would at a later stage offer it to you for a price, claiming he went through all the trouble to get it for you.
its nice to hear that the car is being worked on. how much work is there on the car? from the pictures it looked more cosmetical then micanical, but that is only seeing pictures you know better. in four days the car would be ready to hit the roads.
wish you luck and great going
Old 10th August 2007, 13:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

What would it take to save this car from the clutches of a scrap dealer. Some one do something
Old 10th August 2007, 13:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
What would it take to save this car from the clutches of a scrap dealer. Some one do something
suren and stanher have already saved the car from the scrapper and are now fixing her up
Old 10th August 2007, 14:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
suren and stanher have already saved the car from the scrapper and are now fixing her up
What else can i say guys. God bless you both.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanher
GOOD NEWS!! The aforementioned '57 fiat has finally been saved today, bought by Suren!!
Ok, Someone stole my thunder.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys a couple from my side:

This Wolseley 1800 (completely restored)

And this Pontiac (again completely restored)

Are up for sale in Delhi. If anybody is interested PM me for further details.
iraghava is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks