Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2014, 17:37   #4471
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice needed in pricing our W 123 240D

I second that Mole ! She needs to be looked after lovingly !

an idea ! if possible, the car could be driven to the Classic Mercedes Drive/Rally on Nov 16 2014 at Mumbai . More buyers could get aware and help sell the car to the right enthusiast.

A Cinderella !
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 18:00   #4472
BHPian

Thank you for your inputs..

The car owned and maintained by an aunt of mine who is 75 years old. The ac and stereo player needs to be fixed other than that the car is in perfect working condition and is always serviced at Mercedes service centres and the papers are up to date.

The only reason she has decided to part with it is that at this age she is finding it hard to maintain the car in this condition, She stays alone and her children are away and are not interested in retaining the car..
Aston.Martin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 14:05   #4473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
Thank you for your inputs..

The car owned and maintained by an aunt of mine who is 75 years old. The ac and stereo player needs to be fixed other than that the car is in perfect working condition and is always serviced at Mercedes service centres and the papers are up to date.
Ooohhhh!!! What a lovely bodyline. What's the mileage on the odometer? Was the dashboard pic of the meters clicked at idle speed with the engine fully warmed up? Just asking cos I had a glimpse at the oil pressure indicator but the temp isn't to clear.

LDH & Automatic would drop the price of this car. In the old days my neighbour used to get LHD's from Kerala into Bombay. There were lots of these LHD's in Kerala all imported from the Gulf though this is an Amer. Import. Nice car.... And does your Aunt have a price in mind.
Best Regards
deutscheafrikar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 14:36   #4474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Ooohhhh!!! What a lovely bodyline. What's the mileage on the odometer? Was the dashboard pic of the meters clicked at idle speed with the engine fully warmed up? Just asking cos I had a glimpse at the oil pressure indicator but the temp isn't to clear.

LDH & Automatic would drop the price of this car. In the old days my neighbour used to get LHD's from Kerala into Bombay. There were lots of these LHD's in Kerala all imported from the Gulf though this is an Amer. Import. Nice car.... And does your Aunt have a price in mind.
Best Regards
I am not too sure if the engine was on while the pics were taken.. She is expecting 5 but we are advising her against selling it as the market seems to be low..It has run genuine 87K miles.

Last edited by Aston.Martin : 10th November 2014 at 14:38. Reason: None
Old 10th November 2014, 15:06   #4475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not too sure if the engine was on while the pics were taken.. She is expecting 5 but we are advising her against selling it as the market seems to be low..It has run genuine 87K miles.
Okay my old eyes tell me that the engine was idling but maybe didn't reach operating temp. Anyway if she's in two minds about the car atm, then I guess no need to ask further questions. But if she doesn't decide to listen to y'all... then let us know

Best
deutscheafrikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 17:15   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
Okay my old eyes tell me that the engine was idling but maybe didn't reach operating temp. Anyway if she's in two minds about the car atm, then I guess no need to ask further questions. But if she doesn't decide to listen to y'all... then let us know

Best
Thank you.. She has made up her mind to part with it so we are waiting for a good offer.
Old 10th November 2014, 22:03   #4477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.. She has made up her mind to part with it so we are waiting for a good offer.
I know of w123 in half as good condition that went for more than 5 lacs, including my own car 240d, feel free to pm if you want to find her a good home.

Humble advise Aston, better to go through an offline network than online, online not that dynamic unless of course you are part of a clique
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 14:00   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I know of w123 in half as good condition that went for more than 5 lacs, including my own car 240d, feel free to pm if you want to find her a good home.

Humble advise Aston, better to go through an offline network than online, online not that dynamic unless of course you are part of a clique
Thank you canonball, I will PM you..
Old 11th November 2014, 16:40   #4479
BHPian

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Team,

I am looking out for a Dodge Kingsway 1956-57 model. Kindly help me in getting one. I am also interested in restoring if the condition is not good. My only purpose is to own one for occasional use.
Old 11th November 2014, 16:49   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Team,

I am looking out for a Dodge Kingsway 1956-57 model. Kindly help me in getting one. I am also interested in restoring if the condition is not good. My only purpose is to own one for occasional use.

To start off with , you can scout around on OLX. Have noticed a few High fin's up for sale. Keep in mind that internet ads usually have massively blown up price tags.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 21:28   #4481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Team,

BLI 1143 was recently offered for sale in Bombay.

http://mumbai.olx.in/dodge-kingsway-...-iid-715244785

Very good pricing, what say?

Classic Cars available for purchase-bli143-1.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-bli143.jpg

Last edited by FINTAIL : 11th November 2014 at 21:33.
FINTAIL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 10:27   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you canonball, I will PM you..
I agree with Canonball, do not sell this car cheap online. It maybe an automatic and a LHD but some enthusiasts look exactly for these variations because they are uncommon, if nothing else. Plus it's full US spec including the bigger bumpers.

For a car in this condition and the lovely original matching blue interiors, 1.5 to 2 lakhs is a joke. 5 lakhs, as the Mole has suggested, is a good price and as canonball has said, you may discover much better value privately.

If she's run a genuine 87k miles (being US spec I'm guessing it would show miles) then she can go on for atleast another 87k miles without needing an engine rebuild.

Do not undersell this car!

mbz180
mbz180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 10:40   #4483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
BLI 1143 was recently offered for sale in Bombay.

http://mumbai.olx.in/dodge-kingsway-...-iid-715244785

Very good pricing, what say?

Attachment 1307859

Attachment 1307860
Yes it would have been for a good price if the original engine was there, however it has an Innova engine. Working your way up from here the car will cost around 10 lakhs. there are far better cars available for that price and you don't have to put in the efforts to restore those.
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 14:06   #4484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
I agree with Canonball, do not sell this car cheap online. It maybe an automatic and a LHD but some enthusiasts look exactly for these variations because they are uncommon, if nothing else. Plus it's full US spec including the bigger bumpers.

If she's run a genuine 87k miles (being US spec I'm guessing it would show miles) then she can go on for atleast another 87k miles without needing an engine rebuild.

Do not undersell this car!

mbz180
I agree with mbz180. I spoke to a friend of mine in Bangalore who knows a thing or two about these cars and the market, I sent him the pics, he mentioned closer to 8.5 lacks down south for a car like this. . Said these cars can run and run forever...engines are bullet proof he said. And depending on the condition it could be a bit more too. So don't undersell and as the Mole says you're Aunt may want it to go to a good home... so don't be in a hurry. In such cases it's how dearly the buyer wants to own a car like this for you see there isn't another like it. And if he's a genuine buyer he won't let go of the opportunity for the fear of loosing out to someone else. Like MBZ he too said LHD and Auto is immaterial for a car like this
Best Regards
deutscheafrikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 17:14   #4485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with mbz180. I spoke to a friend of mine in Bangalore who knows a thing or two about these cars and the market, I sent him the pics, he mentioned closer to 8.5 lacks down south for a car like this. . Said these cars can run and run forever...engines are bullet proof he said. And depending on the condition it could be a bit more too. So don't undersell and as the Mole says you're Aunt may want it to go to a good home... so don't be in a hurry. In such cases it's how dearly the buyer wants to own a car like this for you see there isn't another like it. And if he's a genuine buyer he won't let go of the opportunity for the fear of loosing out to someone else. Like MBZ he too said LHD and Auto is immaterial for a car like this
Best Regards
Why don't you buy the car from your Aunt? You are a youthful genuine Mercedes enthusiast and have a sentimental family value for this particular car. I fully agree with MBZ180 & Deutschefrikar about w123s being attractive having all these plus points and have the President's 200D of 1982 vintage. But, at the suggested price points, I would find a sparingly used Mercedes Ponton a lot more desirable. or even an R129 , as and if available , from any part of India.

If I were in your place, I would never allow this car from the family to be given away to anyone else.

Last edited by vinay kamath : 12th November 2014 at 17:17.
vinay kamath is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks