Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 934532)
lol: This guys a laugh riot. A Convertible....by that he must mean a converted engine (converted to diesel or something like that) what a waste of ad space.

Presumably you were playing this for the laughs, because the picture on display in Carwale does seem to be a convertible.

What a pity about the slaughtered engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 935728)
Haven't met the owner still Jay. Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

definately interested esteem_lover. Get the details if the car is for sale. could you PM me the address of the garage. thank you.

A friend of mine is interested in buying 1947-1952 either,a pontiac,oldsmobile, chevrolet, Ford or a Dodge. Proper papers are a must. Car must be original. Fully well Restored cars preferred.Does any BHPian of any such cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 939352)
definately interested esteem_lover. Get the details if the car is for sale. could you PM me the address of the garage. thank you.

I will visit the garage tomorrow & get back to you guys. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH (Post 939992)
A friend of mine is interested in buying 1947-1952 either,a pontiac,oldsmobile, chevrolet, Ford or a Dodge. Proper papers are a must. Car must be original. Fully well Restored cars preferred.Does any BHPian of any such cars?

Please check
Find / Buy / Sell second hand / pre owned cars in India (Delhi / NCR)

Regards
Girish

Fellow member Collector (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/collector.html) has some bikes for sale as under. Those interested can contact him directly.

Quote:

The following are available for sale here in Coimbatore.

93 is a 1958 Bullet having a ' 62 G2 engine and along with a spare 61 engine gear box and clutch. tax due from 05 asking price 50,000/- reg No MDE 598.

95 is a 1968 Lambretta all parts available but not fitted. tax due from 1996. Asking price 7000/- reg No MDM 7512

97 is a 1973 Lamby, running, Tax due from 1992 reg No TNF 3456 asking price 7000/-

98 is a 1969 Bullet MDB 7594 with a 61 G2 engine Tax current. Asking price 35000/-

This is just incase anybody from team BHP is interested.
I can arrange to clear tax dues and ship the bikes, also to get then running if needed.
Regards
Arthur
Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH (Post 939992)

I was told of this 49 DeSoto for sale. Expected price 5 Lakhs, possibly negotiable. PM me if interested.

Karl,
the desoto is in good shape. and seems fully original.
But requires cosmetic restoration.
I think 3-3.5 lakhs would be the maximum one can pay for it.
By the way ananth, what is your friend's budget ?
Hope he doesnt expect to get these big American classics for a song!~~~

This Austin was for sale in Hyderabad 2 years ago, when I took the picture.Probably it is still available.
Parked next to the car is my immaculate, RE 700 Constellation, which was eventually sold to Bangalore.

Was sent these pictures by a friend. The car was for sale. Do not have any details.

That must be the plymouth Savoy.

nice piece. Wonder whats the price.

Speaking of plymouths, I'd posted about this '55 plymouth earlier in rust in pieces thread.
Now 'been thinking of asking a little advice here. This car's been junking away in the same garage where I'm getting my pennant & herald done up, and is currently on sale as they are finding it difficult with it taking up so much space.
It had an accident with a little right frontal damage and had thus originally come here to get that fixed ('cant take any pics. from the front for now.)
They'd done the tinkering and also some patchwork on the doors (as can be seen) but the owners had some family dispute so lost interest in the car and left it lying there since year 2000!
He says its got the RC (showed me a xerox of it) but its obviously not clear/needs renewal.
Most unfortunate thing is its been dieselised with a Perkins P4 engine! :Frustrati which is however not present in the car right now, I'm told the owners had it taken out before sending the car here.
The owners dont really care about quoting any price on the car but the mechanic incharge there is quoting 1.5 lacs for it! :Frustrati, claiming that he'd declined an offer for 50k from someone else.

He says he's got all the parts missing from it (barring the headlamp rings) lying with him. But obviously needs a thorouggh restoration!

How much do you feel I should offer if its worth taking at all? And how good a chance of finding an original plymouth engine for this car (which is only then I'd take the car!)

Chettan! Are u planning to get the car for yourself?? I must say, the car needs a loot of work, and many parts are missing, The interior looks like a bomb went off in it!!! Does he have the meters dash etc with him?? If not, u'll have a hard time doing it up, Also the engine in not going to be easy to find. All said and done, 1.5 is waaaay too much for the car, id say something around 50-75 k. Even 75 i feel is too much considering the scale of work that has to be done!

Yuor right chettA! Maybe I'll just 'up' that other guy's 50k offer a litttLe bit by say 55, then max. 60...?

Let's see. I didnt make any offer to him so far, 'dont want him to think I'm too interested in the car! 'just told him I'll find out about an original engine first, then consider the car. :)

Stanher the car is not worth 1.5 lacs for sure. i would say with the amount of work required and the dieselised engine the car would be in the 50 to 60 k range. i have a feeling half the money would be pocketed by the garage person itself. getting the original engine would be pain to source. first find the engine and then make him an offer.