Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-6.html)

:uncontrol seems he added the last ZERO by mistake.

Thanks G.S.ji for thinking about me. I think hes quoting the price of one dozen jeeps!!:D

did i read it right or are the number of my glasses increaseing. i am sure there is some mistake either in hearing or in the guys saying. or maybe the guy has lost his top completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 553585)
did i read it right or are the number of my glasses increaseing. i am sure there is some mistake either in hearing or in the guys saying. or maybe the guy has lost his top completely.

Apparently you dont look up ebay that often...astronomical prices here are commonplace. But nothing beats the 9 lakh jeep Gogi and I saw in Poona.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 553591)
Apparently you dont look up ebay that often...astronomical prices here are commonplace. But nothing beats the 9 lakh jeep Gogi and I saw in Poona.;)

:Shockked: Jeep for 9 L! Something special about it?

There is one 62 Mercedes fitted with a 307 Matador engine for sale on ebay. Starting bid is 1L

9 Lakhs, you got to be kidding,what was he selling along with the jeep ? anything embossed in GOLD .lol:

Hehehe...to give him credit, the 42 Jeep was flawless in every respect, with each nut and bolt embossed with Ford.

Quote:

i look up ebay often and even now there are two bmw's from tamil nadu for sale 86 320i and a 90 318i. i have seen the picture of the jeep and it is still on ebay but i never paid attention to the price as i am not interested in the car, have my own to think about you see:) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by -GS- (Post 553598)
:Shockked: Jeep for 9 L! Something special about it?

There is one 62 Mercedes fitted with a 307 Matador engine for sale on ebay. Starting bid is 1L

agree: saw that one too blueish colour from kerala.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 553601)
Hehehe...to give him credit, the 42 Jeep was flawless in every respect, with each nut and bolt embossed with Ford.

karl but 9 for it, that too a jeep is ridiculous. did you find out if the jeep got sold or the owner is still holding on to it. dont know why people do this.

Talking about the 9 lakh Jeep, there is a Maruti 1000 (1993) for sale on ebay for 5 lakh. Only reason is that it was previously owned by Amir Khan.

Sorry for going little off topic here as 1000 is no classic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 553585)

Third alternative ko lock kiya jaye dear Speedy.

Quote:

I couldn't close my mouth when I heard the price. It was so wide open for such a long time the resident sparrows almost made a nest in it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 553618)
karl but 9 for it, that too a jeep is ridiculous. did you find out if the jeep got sold or the owner is still holding on to it. dont know why people do this.

Well, its a polite way of saying that you don't want to sell your car.
:OTI remember one dealer from Gujarat got after my Heckflosse and wouldn't take no for an answer. He would call me up at odd hours and make useless conversation all ending up in "So whats the price of the Merc today sir?" His logic was that everythings got a price. After all politeness failed, I simply told him to come and see me if he had 15 lakhs, as that was what I wanted for my car and if he couldn't arrange for the money then he should leave me alone. He did!! HE also went around telling everybody I was nuts. But since then no one has asked me if I want to sell the car. Good!!
coming back to the topic, this guys a dealer and what was he thinking, maybe he thought these guys are all twits...

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 553719)
Third alternative ko lock kiya jaye dear Speedy.

Well, its a polite way of saying that you don't want to sell your car.

coming back to the topic, this guys a dealer and what was he thinking, maybe he thought these guys are all twits...

bahut pahle lock kar diya tha bhai :) .

:OT it happened to me too with the cadillac. someone told him my car was for sale and the guy came in a c class and wanted my car he harresed everyone in the garage finally my brother told him to put 1cr on the table and take the car. the guy did not come back after that.

i think the jeep guy thought you'll were bade baap ki santaans( rich mans kids) and illitrate when it comes to cars so he thought he could make a fast buck. this is what happens when you take karl with you bhai ;) .

Dear Stanher,
I have a 1956 Centrelight Fiat which i have restored to the highest precision.It was displayed at the DECHAA Vintage Rally on Aug 15th along with my Rajdoot Bobby GTS.Would love to see ur restored elegant Fiat!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 553975)
Dear Stanher,
I have a 1956 Centrelight Fiat which i have restored to the highest precision.It was displayed at the DECHAA Vintage Rally on Aug 15th along with my Rajdoot Bobby GTS.Would love to see ur restored elegant Fiat!!!!

Wow Hillram, lets have pics inside out of your car please. All details and dont leave the engine bay please

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 553975)
Dear Stanher,

Is this your vehicle? This photo was shot at this years 15th Aug rally in Hyderabad by Stanher.

he is asking too much for the jeep...
max would be 3.5L...if he comes to hyd.