Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-8.html)

Ishan Bhai, Ek hi to chahiye, Please locate and get me one na!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 554993)
the fintail wagon was golden, last i saw, it was in a sad shape standing in a south ex alley, the green 124 coupe was cut down into a convertible, and was last seen in the ndmc impound with the 115/116 coupe.the rest must have been scrapped.
.i know dt has two haflingers,is the vv car ex golf links? there used to be one here with a tibetian fellow who has since moved out,he also had a vw variant fastback and a lovely mark I range rover still with its V8 engine.

awini when was the last you saw the fintail wagon would like to see it. where is this ndmc impound located will go there to take pictures.
Golf links used to have some beutiful vintage cars at one point, but most have dissapeared now. my aunts family also owned some but sold them at dirt prices. i wish i was older then i would have taken them.
DT cars are not with him they are with another person now and am trying to get one for scooby uncle. the guy does not seem to be in town thats wht i have been told each time i call his place. so i guess i would just drop in at his place without an appointment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby05 (Post 555059)
Ishan Bhai, Ek hi to chahiye, Please locate and get me one na!!

Sirji, working on it already. Will update you as soon as we get hold of something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 555225)
awini when was the last you saw the fintail wagon would like to see it. where is this ndmc impound located will go there to take pictures.
Golf links used to have some beutiful vintage cars at one point, but most have dissapeared now. my aunts family also owned some but sold them at dirt prices. i wish i was older then i would have taken them.
DT cars are not with him they are with another person now and am trying to get one for scooby uncle. the guy does not seem to be in town thats wht i have been told each time i call his place. so i guess i would just drop in at his place without an appointment.

like i said... saw them upto the mid nineties, the auto union,haflinger and jeep were with a guy called inder dewan, who had a workshop next to swamy's under the def col flyover, he had a small indian too, either a cub or a pony, definately not a chief. he also had a la salle, which he sold to salloo chowdhry in calcutta(the ex mandi car he took for the great american race)

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 555684)
like i said... saw them upto the mid nineties, the auto union,haflinger and jeep were with a guy called inder dewan, who had a workshop next to swamy's under the def col flyover, he had a small indian too, either a cub or a pony, definately not a chief. he also had a la salle, which he sold to salloo chowdhry in calcutta(the ex mandi car he took for the great american race)

thank you awini, will go there and find out what happened to the cars and the indian. i want an indian cheif as i like the design but in this case if i can get my hands on a pony i dont mind ;) . i had seen a cheif for sale in bombay and in pune for sale. the one in bombay had alot of parts that were not original and the guy was asking an ubsurd amount. the pune bike was dismantled and put in a carton on the loft. the old gentleman could not make up his mind price wise. so i left both the bikes.

Saw this ad just today which seems to be a month old. It's of a 1942 Hillman Minx at Chennai. Posting the link below for anyone who is interested to peruse.

Vintage Car For Sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 557397)
Saw this ad just today which seems to be a month old. It's of a 1942 Hillman Minx at Chennai. Posting the link below for anyone who is interested to peruse.

Vintage Car For Sale

I wonder if this is the car, reached Chennai now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ne-mysore.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by suren181 (Post 557397)

Vintage Car For Sale

Way too much for a 42 Hillman...

I saw this car for sale with a car dealer today and he is expecting 3 lakhs for it. He claims that this is a 1952 model, Goa registered and has up to date docs. Let me know if any one is interested,

Car has new tyres, interiors and newly painted.

so many cars are from goa but when it comes to counting cars in Goa they are relatively few with so many of them leaving
ahh...anyway atleast its in good condition
if we look at no. of goan cars outside goa it will be greater than no. of cars in goa itself

BTW morri minor for that price doesnt sound right cause a VW beetle of 1960 costs around 2 lacs in more or less the same condition(if i am not wrongvw beetle was premium compared to morris but then again ,since the morris is 1952 i dont know how reasonable the deal is ?)

personally i feel 3 lacs is too much for it

U are right amato, that is waay too much for a morris.But the car looks to be in showroom condition and morris 1000 in this condition is quite rare. But one question guys, was the morris 1000 available in 1952? I thought it was launced mauc later. Coz all the '52 cars i've seen are the side valve ones with the vertical grille slats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srisha (Post 557429)
I saw this car for sale with a car dealer today and he is expecting 3 lakhs for it. He claims that this is a 1952 model, Goa registered and has up to date docs. Let me know if any one is interested,

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 557594)
BTW morri minor for that price doesnt sound right cause a VW beetle of 1960 costs around 2 lacs in more or less the same condition(if i am not wrongvw beetle was premium compared to morris but then again ,since the morris is 1952 i dont know how reasonable the deal is ?)
personally i feel 3 lacs is too much for it

amatmo agree: .

srisha i think three lacs for a morris minor is too high priced. you would find cars in better condition for cheaper prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 557628)
U are right amato, that is waay too much for a morris.But the car looks to be in showroom condition and morris 1000 in this condition is quite rare. But one question guys, was the morris 1000 available in 1952? I thought it was launced mauc later. Coz all the '52 cars i've seen are the side valve ones with the vertical grille slats.

The sidevalve version is called the series mm. Production ended in Febuary 53, The Minor 1000 was available October 56 onwards.

More here
Welcome to the Website for the Potteries branch of the Morris Minor Owners Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 557628)
But one question guys, was the morris 1000 available in 1952? I thought it was launced mauc later. Coz all the '52 cars i've seen are the side valve ones with the vertical grille slats.

Minor 1000 was launched in 1956.

Quote:

The car was again updated in 1956 when the engine was increased in capacity to 0.9 L (948 cc/57 in³). The two piece split windscreen was replaced with a curved one-piece one and the rear window enlarged. At the same time the semaphore-style trafficators were replaced by the more modern flashing direction indicators then becoming the norm for the UK market.
The Minor 1000 gained an even larger engine, 1.1 L (1098 cc/67 in³) in 1962. It could now reach 77 mph (124 km/h), yet consumption was down to 6.2 L/100 km (38 mpg). Other modifications included a new dashboard layout (a lidded glove box on the passenger side, an open cubby hole in front of the driver), a different heater, plus new, larger tail/flasher and front side/flasher lamps.
1956–1962 - 948 cc
1962–1971 - 1098 cc

Link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Minor#Minor_1000

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 557642)
The sidevalve version is called the series mm. Production ended in Febuary 53, The Minor 1000 was available October 56 onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -GS- (Post 557643)
Minor 1000 was launched in 1956.

1956–1962 - 948 cc
1962–1971 - 1098 cc

Exactly what i mean. So i think this guy's fakin it when he says its a '52 model, or he's just palin stupid!