Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by srisha (Post 557429)
I saw this car for sale with a car dealer today and he is expecting 3 lakhs for it. He claims that this is a 1952 model, Goa registered and has up to date docs. Let me know if any one is interested,

Car has new tyres, interiors and newly painted.

If its really a '52 minor, it cant be a minor 1000, those were introduced (in the UK only) later, after 1955...they had upgraded (OHV I guess) engines too as opposed to the early minor's <1000cc sidevalve ones....(plus of course cosmetic differences, like larger windscreens, which are visible in this car) as already pointed out by speedy & GS.....unless its an early minor modified into a 1000....or maybe really is a 1000 but he just got the year wrong (happens with people who own imported cars!).....but either way, 3 lacs as the others say, is way too much for any minor even if its an imported one!

I think he got the year wrong. It does look like a Minor 1000.

I guess so too......
Btw guys, I'm told by a mechanic that there is a '62 Austin Cambridge available for sale here, blue & white in colour, roadworthy condition...asking price- 50k.......anyone interested plse. pm me & (if you're not based in hyderabad) I'd be willing to check out the car for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 557635)
srisha i think three lacs for a morris minor is too high priced. you would find cars in better condition for cheaper prices.

Speedy, price non withstanding, how can you find a car in better condition than this? Its bloomin' flawless! (Barring the Hindustan pedal covers, which are probably rarer than morris ones)

This cars in spanking condition but i would not trust cars from Goa. I personally have seen a morris with a split screen rotting away and the owner got another later dated minor chopped both up and replaced the front half of the body from the older car with the later dated car. The result the split screen mionor is now bearing a full windscreen from a later date. When asked why he did such a thing he was ignorant about the fact that this would hamper the value to an enthusiast. The car otherwise is in as good a condition as this one we are talking about. Absolute sacrilage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 557716)
Speedy, price non withstanding, how can you find a car in better condition than this? Its bloomin' flawless! (Barring the Hindustan pedal covers, which are probably rarer than morris ones)

karl the car has just been painted polished and ready to sell. let the guy keep it for some time and use it then you shall know how well the car will be maintained.
when i mean there are cars in better condition is that i have seen cars that are used and treated like everyday cars in better condition.
like someone had told me once a car restored to pristine condition and stored in the garage holds no value to a car in pristine condition and used everyday. that is when you know how well a car is kept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 557733)
karl the car has just been painted polished and ready to sell. let the guy keep it for some time and use it then you shall know how well the car will be maintained.
when i mean there are cars in better condition is that i have seen cars that are used and treated like everyday cars in better condition.
like someone had told me once a car restored to pristine condition and stored in the garage holds no value to a car in pristine condition and used everyday. that is when you know how well a car is kept.

Do you know this car personally? I wouldnt agree to your comments unless you do. How can you comment on its mechanical condition otherwise? I still think this is by far the best Morris Tiger I have ever seen, why even the tappet cover is thoughtfully painted in the right colour.

Agreed Gogi, Goa restored cars are sometimes dicey, Ive seen some real eyewashes in the past. No offence Scooby:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 557733)

Uh, got your point speedy.....one thing though- a car in pristine condition used everyday (if u really mean Everyday!) obviously wouldnt remain as pristine in the end, even if it practically is fit for everyday use.....so how does this explain how well the car is kept?

The photos inform us the car is in a very good cosmetic condition . The care taken on the engine indicates the engine has been looked after. Go for a trial Srisha and check it out . But 3 L for Morris Minor/ Tiger is a bit too much .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 557753)
Uh, got your point speedy.....one thing though- a car in pristine condition used everyday (if u really mean Everyday!) obviously wouldnt remain as pristine in the end, even if it practically is fit for everyday use.....so how does this explain how well the car is kept?

stanher trust me when i tell you this and am sure most of the guys who know this parsee gentleman will vouch for it.
he takes his cars to work every single day and parks them on the road and still if you look at his cars they look brand new. it could be the kingsway or the rolls it does not matter.
i take my cars out 3 times a week at night and i still cant match up to his cars condition. the way it explains how a car is kept is that even after useing it through the daily rut of things it still looks brand new and not keeping it locked up and makeing it look brand new. the guy is a dealer and i wont trust the condition of the car that is shown in the pictures. you never know whats on the inside of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageman (Post 557795)
The photos inform us the car is in a very good cosmetic condition . The care taken on the engine indicates the engine has been looked after. Go for a trial Srisha and check it out . But 3 L for Morris Minor/ Tiger is a bit too much .

The price is not in my budget nor cant afford at the moment, and hence didnt ask for a test drive, however I am sure the dealer will come down on the price, may be for 2.5l. But no money and cant buy it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageman (Post 557795)

The car seems to be just restored and up for sale, the engine bay is very clean with absolutely no dust nor dirt, all cables and wires look intact and clean. Even the interiors are spankingly clean.

I didnt want to ask for a test drive, when I was not going to buy it. But, I am sure will start with just a crank.

I spoke to the sales man and he said it was a 1952 model, and may be he was unaware of the make since the docs were not there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 557753)

On the contrary Shyam, his cars are in Concours condition inside out. You should see his Kingsway and dodge deluxe amongst other really valuavle cars. Hes got many and all in Mint condition. And they remain like that because he drives a mew one to work every single day and that is FACT.

Ohh....I could guess whom your talking about gogi, ;)
Although I heard he is retired....!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 558311)
Ohh....I could guess whom your talking about gogi, ;)
Although I heard he is retired....!

last of what i heard is that he has shifted to pune and is semi retired. he has sold his house in bombay to some diamond person who is going to build a building there.